Bombers TC Memories

Noeller

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Walker played for the Stamps, Toronto & Hamilton, He still lives in Calgary. His play really tailed off after he left Calgary just like Mark McDonald. Walker was a Western Conference All Star in 1981 at Corner. Pretty good punt returner as well.

If you look at McDonald's stats with the Bombers, he would have been an all star if his numbers were for one season & not spread out over 3. He was underused but still pretty good. 

I'll be honest, when McDonald played, I always felt that there had to be somebody out there as a receiver who was better. 

Merv Walker was also a CFL official at one time, not sure why he gave that up.

5 hours ago, CodyT said:
5 hours ago, CodyT said:

Who was the dB with the dreads on the same team. Answered my own question. Something malaveux? Maybe I didn't answer my own question

Kelly Malveaux yeah. 
He was a clown with Calgary. Grew up and had some very good seasons here and in Montreal. 

They also had Clint Kent (also dreadlocked) around the same time. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

5 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Kelly Malveaux yeah. 
He was a clown with Calgary. Grew up and had some very good seasons here and in Montreal. 

They also had Clint Kent (also dreadlocked) around the same time. 

Nah, it wasn't Malveaux. You guys are thinking about Dwight Anderson, the mouthy corner with the Stamps when they won the GC in 2008. He wore dreads & just wouldn't shut up. Hufnagel grew tired of his act & got rid of him. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nah, it wasn't Malveaux. You guys are thinking about Dwight Anderson, the mouthy corner with the Stamps when they won the GC in 2008. He wore dreads & just wouldn't shut up. Hufnagel grew tired of his act & got rid of him. 

No, I’m thinking of Malveaux in Calgary. Pulling out the sharpie and signing the ball after a “pick” that ended up being ruled a Stegall TD on a simultaneous catch. That would have been in 2002 iirc. 

Dwight Anderson played a little later 07 I’m pretty sure was his first season.

He never grew up, ended up on the Riders for his last few years. Starting fights, conduct penalties til the very end. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

No, I’m thinking of Malveaux in Calgary. Pulling out the sharpie and signing the ball after a “pick” that ended up being ruled a Stegall TD on a simultaneous catch. That would have been in 2002 iirc. 

Dwight Anderson played a little later 07 I’m pretty sure was his first season.

He never grew up, ended up on the Riders for his last few years. Starting fights, conduct penalties til the very end. 

I think Malveux weasn't as bad as you made him out to be. He ended up in Winnipeg.

Anderson was a POS. A real Big Mouth. He incurred the wrath of John Hufnagel in 2011. I went to the first day of Stamps training camp at McMahon Stadium. Anderson was chirping & chirping constantly the whole practice. It was distracting how his voice carried inside the stadium. The Stamps had a shitty practice & Huff was furious at the lack of effort & Anderson mouthing off.

With about 45 minutes left in practice, Huff called the team together & told them they were going to run until practice was over. As they were running, Anderson was yelling at Huff, "Hey Coach, I can do this all day. All day. I can do this all day. All day". Finally, Hufnagel cut practice short & sent the team inside. I'm sure he tore a strip off them in the locker room. Shortly thereafter, I remember Huff suspended Anderson & he ended up in Montreal where he played the final 10 games of the season. His days as a Stampeder were over. What an *******. I think everyone was glad to see him go. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think Malveux weasn't as bad as you made him out to be. He ended up in Winnipeg.

Anderson was a POS. A real Big Mouth. He incurred the wrath of John Hufnagel in 2011. I went to the first day of Stamps training camp at McMahon Stadium. Anderson was chirping & chirping constantly the whole practice. It was distracting how his voice carried inside the stadium. The Stamps had a shitty practice & Huff was furious at the lack of effort & Anderson mouthing off.

With about 45 minutes left in practice, Huff called the team together & told them they were going to run until practice was over. As they were running, Anderson was yelling at Huff, "Hey Coach, I can do this all day. All day. I can do this all day. All day". Finally, Hufnagel cut practice short & sent the team inside. I'm sure he tore a strip off them in the locker room. Shortly thereafter, I remember Huff suspended Anderson & he ended up in Montreal where he played the final 10 games of the season. His days as a Stampeder were over. What an *******. I think everyone was glad to see him go. 

Oh don’t get me wrong, Malveaux was just immature, he had some great years here. 

Anderson was just a POS through and through. 

On 2023-12-05 at 3:18 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

He  then went to Saskatchewan and tried to save the province from Somali pirates and is still waiting on his Jake Gaudaur trophy for it. lol

On 2023-12-06 at 10:58 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup reffing in any sport and at most levels is a tough gig.

I reffed for a few years and it is a thankless job for sure.