2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

Mason on TSN said he's excited to play on Canada for a city with passionate fans. Mentioned how we got a team back. 

Said he spoke with chevy, Maurice, and Flaherty and they were honest about expectations. 

Hoping to be "another piece of the puzzle". 

Has no doubt he can win games and help jets make playoffs. 

Says looking at roster he believes jets have good things coming. 

Jets now sitting at $63.7M and 11.2M of cap space open

Tanev, Copp, and Hellebuyck all RFAs to sign.  I'd expect around $5M to sign all 3.  

Trouba, Lowry, Armia, Ehlers , Dano, Petan all RFAs next year.

Enstrom coming off the books.   Little going to be a UFA.   Could very well be Little's last year as a Jet with all those other guys to sign.

i trust the jets know exactly what their plan is. And I think they either know trouba is going or they know what he will sign for. They long term plan. 

Tony and Myers possibly factored out. I don't know. If Myers is healthy keep him. Toby goes or her way less.  Kulikov off in three seasons.  Then Buff in, what 2 years after that? 

Doable. Will have all their money in D and top six. Will neeed youth to full bottom six. 

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

i trust the jets know exactly what their plan is. And I think they either know trouba is going or they know what he will sign for. They long term plan. 

Tony and Myers possibly factored out. I don't know. If Myers is healthy keep him. Toby goes or her way less.  Kulikov off in three seasons.  Then Buff in, what 2 years after that? 

Doable. Will have all their money in D and top six. Will neeed youth to full bottom six. 

Hoping the Kulikov signing doesn't come back to hurt us.  $3M AAV instead of $4M would have been better. Hopefully he can return to form and play up to the contract.

If Trouba extends, could see Myers getting traded.  Can't have that money playing on your 3rd pairing.  

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Hoping the Kulikov signing doesn't come back to hurt us.  $3M AAV instead of $4M would have been better. Hopefully he can return to form and play up to the contract.

If Trouba extends, could see Myers getting traded.  Can't have that money playing on your 3rd pairing.  

Unless they move Myers to LHD and factor Toby in at a lot less. 

Would still have Morrissey and Kulikov though.  But I think if you're in cap trouble with a player with one year left you can work some magic. 

Trouba is the domino here. And then how much does Little want to stay. We don't have a replacement for him unless roslo steps up big time.