Game 44 : Cartier @ Lagimodière

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Helle sv% .571

Hutch sv% .826

Helle let in 2 soft ones and one that should have been stopped. Hutch was Hutch...plain horrible...hard for a team to come back when the goaltenders are having bad games.

Lowry's line was not good and neither were Enstrom and Trouba and Chiarot. What can you do? We got beat by one of the top teams in the league... move on to Arizona and call up Comrie and give him AZ or LA this weekend and one of the b2b games on the 23rd/24th.

1 game sample size with numbers. Why you do that always?  Just curious because it's 1 game and means eff all. 

Jets need a better backup. Because helle is a good goalie but is being played way 2 much. You need a capable backup so helle doesn't play 10 of the last 12 games . He's a rookie.  He needs support and rest. 

D zone play was total crap tho 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

1 game sample size with numbers. Why you do that always?  Just curious because it's 1 game and means eff all. 

Jets need a better backup. Because helle is a good goalie but is being played way 2 much. You need a capable backup so helle doesn't play 10 of the last 12 games . He's a rookie.  He needs support and rest. 

D zone play was total crap tho 

I do it after most games...I didn't last game because it was a shutout and I assumed everyone would know it was 1.000...

Dam right Jets need a better backup and we should find out if he is on the farm before hiring another one...if he isn't, send him back down and get another one.

The 4th goal really hurt the team and I don't blame Hutch for that one as it went off of Enstrom's skate.

There is room on the roster now to call someone up....Tanev and Stu are the only ones in the pressbox. We know what Pavs is, that's why he is with the Mosse....call up Comrie and give him a shot...it won't hurt and might help...some big name goalies had so-so junior careers and had solid careers once called up.

edit ... Hutch has a .889 sv% and that is tied for dead last for 47 goalies. I still have faith in Helle and I      honestly wouldn't have pulled him at 3 goals but that is me and I understand why he was pulled. I would have gave him more time to see if he could work his way out of it.

Edited by Ducky

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It can hurt. It can hurt comrie badly.  He's a rookie also. You need a veteran backup not a guy who has played zero nhl games. Maybe once we are officially eliminated comrie gets a few games but it won't happen until then. 

I think once we are eliminated and after the deadline everyone will get a chance.  

A couple games won't hurt him...like I have said, just take a look....he might surprise, he might not.

Put some pressure on Hutch and Helle and move Phillips to the Moose for a couple of games and you can look at him against some better competition too. Not making the playoffs anyway.

Skating through an entire team to score at the halfway point in the season is on the coach.

Stafford is garbage and you can see him dragging down Ehlers.  He iced the puck out of the offensive zone!!!! ... the guy gets assists because he tries to get rid of the puck as soon as it touches his stick... once in a while, he accidentally completes a pass.  Zero awareness.

Armia is the reason Lowry and Matthias look good.  But giving him PP time at the expense of Petan and Ehlers - and leaving Stafford on your #1 PP team - ridiculous.

Chiarot and Postma still suck.  Buff hungover.  Enstrom officially has lost a step.

New coach, new goaltending coach, new special teams coaches.  Embarassing game against Montreal's AHL team.

In a rational world, this lineup should be:

Armia-Scheif-Ehlers

Petan-Little-Wheeler

Perrault-Copp-Stafford

Matthias-Lowry-Thorburn

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Skating through an entire team to score at the halfway point in the season is on the coach.

Stafford is garbage and you can see him dragging down Ehlers.  He iced the puck out of the offensive zone!!!! ... the guy gets assists because he tries to get rid of the puck as soon as it touches his stick... once in a while, he accidentally completes a pass.  Zero awareness.

Armia is the reason Lowry and Matthias look good.  But giving him PP time at the expense of Petan and Ehlers - and leaving Stafford on your #1 PP team - ridiculous.

Chiarot and Postma still suck.  Buff hungover.  Enstrom officially has lost a step.

New coach, new goaltending coach, new special teams coaches.  Embarassing game against Montreal's AHL team.

In a rational world, this lineup should be:

Armia-Scheif-Ehlers

Petan-Little-Wheeler

Perrault-Copp-Stafford

Matthias-Lowry-Thorburn

I agree with your personnel except Thorbs. Put Staf in his spot and dress Tanev.

Switch Armia and Ehlers.

Getting more than 2 shots on goal in a period is 2 much 2 ask also 

Go watch the Calgary game.  Notice the D zone play. Watch this game again. Notice it's nowhere to be found. 

They didn't deserve to win. The whole team played like and I'll quote Maurice here "horseshit" 

2 shots on 4 PP.  Zero shots on the 5 on 3. Yeah. Awesome team effort tonight 

Edited by Goalie

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

By the way, I've been saying for years now the Jets need a better goalie coach. That's a must have for next season. 

Or they need better goalies for him to coach. Kind of the chicken or egg thing when we're not at practice to see what's going on.

Both team's had garbage goaltending last night. Very frustrating game to watch.

25 minutes ago, Mike said:

I was a big Hellebuyck fan before and I still believe he can get there.

But we need a #1 until he gets there.

I dont know... young team over-all.  Grow with the goalie?  We keep using Price as an example of a goalie that struggled early but grew with the team.  I think the Jets expected Hutch to be better where they could ride him for stretches.  Maurice seems to have lost all confidence in him.

The expansion draft changes things.  Without it, I could see Pavs back here as back up or bringing in a veteran on a one year deal.  There isnt much they can do.  If they bring in someone now, it has to be someone with another year left (for expansion purposes) and the other team to take Hutch.  Or they bring in an expiring contract and use a roster spot on Hutch not playing which also creates a negative situation.

I dont see them getting out of this.  And I think Helle is a good goalie and they should go back to him next game.  Every goalie has bad games.  Good teams are good enough to win when their goalie isnt great.  I think Helle is good enough that if the Jets were good, he could have a bad game here and there.  Helle though, isnt good enough to steal a win when the Jets play like garbage.  Hopefully that comes with time.

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Or they need better goalies for him to coach. Kind of the chicken or egg thing when we're not at practice to see what's going on.

Both team's had garbage goaltending last night. Very frustrating game to watch.

Im no goalie expert but we seem to have had a string of goalies with "potential" who had glaring deficiencies that were never coached away.  Too often a goalie looks like a world beater and then is shell shocked.  I question preparation.  We've seen examples of goalies just the same - played well, had potential, sucked, changed coaches and lived up to that potential.  We need a coach who can help the goalies hit their potential. 

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im no goalie expert but we seem to have had a string of goalies with "potential" who had glaring deficiencies that were never coached away.  Too often a goalie looks like a world beater and then is shell shocked.  I question preparation.  We've seen examples of goalies just the same - played well, had potential, sucked, changed coaches and lived up to that potential.  We need a coach who can help the goalies hit their potential. 

Not absolving responsibility for the Jet skaters last night but what a monumental chance for Michael Hutchinson trailing 3-2 to steal the game and hold off the naysayers. I'm not sure how many more chances he will get.