Game 44 : Cartier @ Lagimodière

51 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The same Mark Scheifele on pace for 70 points playing for the most part with a 18 yr old rookie and 19 maybe 20 years old sophomore?  Yeah... totally less than stellar 

Scheif hasn't been around long enough yet to be part of the possible rotten core... those guys would be buff wheeler little Toby Thorburn and Stuart (can't see them being  a problem) 

Those are the guys who are the actual veteran leaders who tuned out 1 coach already... I don't see wheeler or Little being part of the problem either.

I'm not sure how anyone can honestly think Coaching isn't a problem when after getting chewed out hard last night on TV on national TV they come out and get 2 shots on goal the entire period. That's a team giving up on the coach. How many more embarrassing losses have to happen for people to realize that Coaching is a big problem. 

People wanted Mike O'shea gone for lesser reasons.  But with O'shea you can tell the players respect and like him.. I don't see that with Maurice 

It seems the team thought he was enough of a leader to give him an A and he will be the first to acknowledge he could be better. Those youngsters you talk about have as many or one less point than he does by the way.

This rotten core from ATL theory is a laugher though. Wheeler with what 26 games? there and Stu too. I think Buff had one year there. Not sure but I think Enstrom, Thorbs and Little were there for a longer time.

Jets leader is Buff and no one else.  When he's on fire, this team wins... when he play likes he's hungover, it implodes.

Maybe part of this is that Buff has been playing five minutes longer per game than he should be and he's just worn out.

Leaving Trouba and Morrissey off the power play and PK in favour of Buff and Enstrom is still a coaching decision...

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Jets leader is Buff and no one else.  When he's on fire, this team wins... when he play likes he's hungover, it implodes.

Maybe part of this is that Buff has been playing five minutes longer per game than he should be and he's just worn out.

Leaving Trouba and Morrissey off the power play and PK in favour of Buff and Enstrom is still a coaching decision...

It all comes back to coaching in the end 

Just now, Floyd said:

I've been a Maurice fan... but he's a good coach when Ladd-Little-Wheeler is your top line and Lowry is your young star and Stuart/Thorbs have not totally lost a step.

He doesn't know what to do with ESL, Petan, Armia, Morrissey, etc...

He's a good coach for a veteran heavy team. He's not for a team built around speed and youth. 

People want to talk about the whole vet thing.... well... PP unit 1. There you go. Full of struggling vets