US Politics

Rich

Felt it was time to address general the lack of faith, on this board:

Sarah Sanders: God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/427730-sarah-sanders-god-wanted-donald-trump-to-become-president

I was a cynic, but it appears that God truly works in real mysterious ways.  Or is simply a very vengeful and punitive one.... 

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

Felt it was time to address general the lack of faith, on this board:

Sarah Sanders: God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/427730-sarah-sanders-god-wanted-donald-trump-to-become-president

I was a cynic, but it appears that God truly works in real mysterious ways.  Or is simply a very vengeful and punitive one.... 

Remember, God created the platypus, so it shows s/he has a sense of humour.

7 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Anyone see Cuomo last night?

He had Chris Cristie on, it's time for Trump to switch gears and start appealing to more than his base :) 

You mean stop being an ignorant racist **** up and try to serve for the good of the American people?  But then you guys wouldnt support him anymore.  

Its really the big issue with the GOP now.  They let Trump hijack the party and now they are in the position of either continuing to go along with it for the support of the racist white national base or risk having no support at all.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You mean stop being an ignorant racist **** up and try to serve for the good of the American people?  But then you guys wouldnt support him anymore.  

Its really the big issue with the GOP now.  They let Trump hijack the party and now they are in the position of either continuing to go along with it for the support of the racist white national base or risk having no support at all.

Ever wonder where the saying, "the only thing worse than a child molester is a politician" came from, now you know. 

35 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump says what the Intelligent chiefs said live was not what they said and taken out of context Fake news, in other words believe your Emperor not what you saw and heard live

Funny, both the heads of National Intelligence and CIA were rather specific, and detailed, while testifying publicly... that Korea is unlikely to give up its nuclear weapons, Iran is complying with the Obama-era nuclear deal and the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) still poses a grave threat.

Edited by do or die

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

So Kelllyanne has a problem with speaker Pelosi because she is rich, out of touch with normal Americans and has a temper, Seriously you can't make this stuff up 

Are you surprised? I'm not. 

I used to be outraged by these shenanigans- now that **** doesn't even crack the top 100 crazy **** to come out of this administration on a daily basis. it's pretty telling. 

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Just another day in trump land 

I assume they laundered money from the inaugural committee to Trump (through his properties). I will be interested to see who contributed for favours from the Pres. I bet it cost them a lot to get his attention AFTER he was elected. Those in on the grift from the early days probably got off cheap. 

30 minutes ago, JCon said:

I assume they laundered money from the inaugural committee to Trump (through his properties). I will be interested to see who contributed for favours from the Pres. I bet it cost them a lot to get his attention AFTER he was elected. Those in on the grift from the early days probably got off cheap. 

If I recall, Ivanka was the one setting the price for Trump properties as far as what they were charging the inauguration and someone else raised a red flag about over-charging.  So this investigation hits pretty close to home for Ivanka.  Probably not Donald unless they have correspondence from him (or others in the organization implicate him).  But it might end up on Ivanka's doorstep.

Several of the stories about the Inaugural had this factoid that caught my eye

Ex  https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2019/02/05/prosecutors-subpoena/

Much of the committee's fundraising and operation was headed by Rick Gates, a former senior Trump campaign official who served as a deputy chairman of the inaugural committee and is cooperating with prosecutors as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

14 minutes ago, do or die said:

Several of the stories about the Inaugural had this factoid that caught my eye

Ex  https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2019/02/05/prosecutors-subpoena/

You get the impression that the DOJ considered the Trump Organization to be, essentially, a major criminal enterprise.  There is a full court press, multiple investigations, multiple agencies, Federal & State, looking into all manner of issues,  Must be a lot of crap going on there.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You get the impression that the DOJ considered the Trump Organization to be, essentially, a major criminal enterprise.  There is a full court press, multiple investigations, multiple agencies, Federal & State, looking into all manner of issues,  Must be a lot of crap going on there.

A lot of fishing.