NHL Injury Watch 2016/17 season

iHeart

11 minutes ago, iHeart said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!? okay just for that I hope Malkin gets on the wrong side of Byfuglein next time we play the Pitts

Thats ridiculous.  They wont to stop head shots.  It was a head shot.  Even if you say it wasnt malicious, he hit him in the head.  But the fact he drove up through the hit would be evidence of malicious intent.  That's insane.  Call up Peluso for the rematch.  I dont condone going after a guy, but he'll know what to do.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats ridiculous.  They wont to stop head shots.  It was a head shot.  Even if you say it wasnt malicious, he hit him in the head.  But the fact he drove up through the hit would be evidence of malicious intent.  That's insane.  Call up Peluso for the rematch.  I dont condone going after a guy, but he'll know what to do.

you know I'm starting to think that there won't be a hearing because Wheeler returned to the ice......right?

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

you know I'm starting to think that there won't be a hearing because Wheeler returned to the ice......right?

That has been an issue for the NHL, that they punish on result not action.  But when Bettman retires, there will be plenty of positive things to say about his reign but he will be most remembered for the disgraceful ignorance and blind eye towards head shots and concussions.  And this is another perfect example.

38 minutes ago, iHeart said:

on the bright side, Mataa is out for 6 weeks.

well pitts, you get away with hitting wheels we get away with taking out Maatta

Toby would be a great fit on the Pens.  But would they trade for him now?  He was slated to be out 2-3 weeks.  2 weeks would put him right at trade deadline day.  So presuming Pens get a look at his medical file, they might...

Toby & Pavs for Fleury

34 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't know, I don't think even Goalie would wish Pavelec onto the Penguins

and I keep telling people I would rather trade Toby for Steen but doesn't he have a no trade clause?

They get the best player (Toby) in a position they need.  They rid themselves of MAF without losing him for nothing.  They get a veteran back up "just in case" who is on an expiring deal.  We get a bonafide #1 with only two years left who is a veteran and a winner.

Problem is...it facks us on D.  But who cares.  We can deal with that in the off-season.  Plus, we'd only have to protect 3D then so we get to protect more forwards.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Then Toby's value to the pens just skyrocketed. But they will target Shattenkirk

Remind me how an aging undersized still-injured defenceman with two more years of one of the most expensive contracts in the NHL... actually has value?

Just now, Floyd said:

Yes, as in this year and next year...   anyway... if you were a GM, would Enstrom be anywhere near the top of your list for a cup run?

Depends on who your D are. If Maatta was gone for season i'd pick up Toby.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg