Why the hell is Burmi still here??

bb1

I think the one thing that saved Burmi was his defensive play. I'm not sure PoMo can afford to have him in the line-up anymore.

I think Burmi sits until he's moved or forced into action through injury.

Of course, I can never predict what the Jets are going to do.

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Burmistrov has no trade value even as a throw in, he will be a RFA at the end of the year and will probably bolt to Russia again.

Still an RFA? Holy macaroni...

He must have arbitration rights. So, what does that mean for the Jets? They can let him walk to the KHL and still hold his rights when he gets back? Or is that it?

Yes he does have arbitration rights, at this point i don't think Burmistrov will be in the future plans of the Jets.

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

He must have arbitration rights. So, what does that mean for the Jets? They can let him walk to the KHL and still hold his rights when he gets back? Or is that it?

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Jets will hold his rights until he is 27, at which point he is a UFA.   He can ask for arbitration, at which point the Jets could walk away and he would be a UFA.

No. Dano does not. Burmi and Dano had some chemistry last year so I'd sit Thorbs and go Tanev Burmi Dano. Honestly it's the 4th line..not gonna be out there putting up goals but..can't be costing them either.  Burmi Is in until little is back and then either traded (doubt it, he's worth nothing) or waived to the Moose or press boxed.  If he's still a jet at the end of the year they probably don't qualify him and he becomes a ufa. 

On 10/31/2016 at 10:14 PM, Goalie said:

No. Dano does not. Burmi and Dano had some chemistry last year so I'd sit Thorbs and go Tanev Burmi Dano. Honestly it's the 4th line..not gonna be out there putting up goals but..can't be costing them either.  Burmi Is in until little is back and then either traded (doubt it, he's worth nothing) or waived to the Moose or press boxed.  If he's still a jet at the end of the year they probably don't qualify him and he becomes a ufa. 

Speed over size? Doesn't look like a traditional heavy hitting fourth line. 

46 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Rather sit Burmi and Thorbs and play Dano and Copp.

ESW

Laine MP Armia

Connor Lowry Dano

Tanev Copp ???

Help me out...who am I forgetting? Are the Jets able to call up one more player?

Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

Would Copp play center if Matthias out?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

15 hours ago, Ducky said:

Rather sit Burmi and Thorbs and play Dano and Copp.

ESW

Laine MP Armia

Connor Lowry Dano

Tanev Copp ???

Help me out...who am I forgetting? Are the Jets able to call up one more player?

What is Stu's status?

I don't think Stafford and Myers are on IR.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

I don't think Stafford and Myers are on IR.

There ya go.

From Ken Wiebe yesterday...

Jets defencemen Mark Stuart (lower body, day-to-day) and Tyler Myers (lower body, day-to-day) are travelling with the team and would be available at various points.

Stuart is likely to return on Thursday, while Myers might have to wait until Friday’s game against the Detroit Red Wings or Sunday against the New York Rangers.

Maurice said right-winger Drew Stafford (upper body, day-to-day) wouldn’t play on the road trip.

Stafford WAS put on IR retroactive to October 25th. I believe unless Mathias Is on there now... only Stafford and Little are on IR. I'm going to assume Mathias Is also on IR. He almost has to be 

So here's your roster 

1. Helle 2. Hutch 

3. Buff 4. Toby 5. JoMo 6. Chia 7.Postma 8. Melchiori  9. Stu and 10. Myers. 

11. Scheif 12. Lowry 13. Perreault 14. Copp 

15. Ehlers 16. Laine 17. Connor 18. Burmi 

19. Wheeler 20. Armia 21. Tanev 22. Dano 

23. Thorburn  (healthy scratch) 

There's your 23 man roster.  

1 extra forward (Thor ) 

2 extra D ( Stu Myers) 

Edited by Goalie