Game 10 : Ovechkin v Laine : Puck of Justice

Chiarot needs to stop pretending he's the goalie... the first one man get out of the way...or if u don't. .. don't deflect it. 

Second one? Nice giveaway by Postma.  He will be press boxed soon again. 

3rd?  Maybe Lowry was tired since he played basically the finally 3 minutes.  

Jets didn't deserve to win tho.  Despite what the announcers tell you... shots on goal don't matter. It's quality over quantity. Caps had the better quality chances. But hey once wheeler Perreault buff scheif decide to show up... maybe we don't need to score 2 late goals to tie a game only to lose. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Just watched a replay of the goal. Why is buff at the caps blue line when Lowry cleanly lost the draw. Wtf 

Simple answer is Buff doesn't know how to play defense, but this is what you get with Buff his game is risk and reward with very little structure.

Missed the game again...turned on the cell in the movie theater and it was 2-0...turned it on when show is over and it is 2-2. I tell my better half the score and look at the phone again and it is 3-2!

How did Helle play?

Edited by Ducky

24 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Missed the game again...turned on the cell in the movie theater and it was 2-0...turned it on when show is over and it is 2-2. I tell my better half the score and look at the phone again and it is 3-2!

How did Helle play?

1st goal was something I thought he should have had. 2nd was a weird one it was between his legs and when he closed them he pushed the puck in behind him.

3rd one is mostly goat horns on hero Lowry. Lost faceoff, lost battle of puck with the guy who won the faceoff and he backhanded it along the ice past Helle. 

Jets are being beat by teams with better goalies and that's 75% of the league. We knew with Holtby it would be near impossible to win. 45 shots on Holtby.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Fun fact.... screened and deflected by Chiarot on the first goal. That's a very difficult save. Not many goalies would stop that ... that always pissed me off when I played... being screened by my own guy who also happens to deflect it slightly.  

People Don't get it really.... a tiny little deflection changes everything. Helle was guessing on that play like most goalies would be when you are screened by your own guy. Helle was fine. 

The PP again... yup no Laine on PP1 again. Awesome coaching by Maurice there. 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Why was Thorbs dress to play 4:35 seconds?

Saw the first goal....wow, Helle has to stop that, this is the NHL. We need better goaltending.

With Matthias down, they had better call up Copp and play him and Dano.

No. We need better coaching.  Helle made several key saves to give the jets a chance.  You aren't gonna win many games score 2 or less goals.  Love it tho.... ppl who blame goalies when you score 2 or less goals most games. 

In 10 game the Jets have 24 goals for ...

In 10 games they have 29 goals against 

So they are average just over 2 goals for per game and are giving up just under 3 per game.... Goaltending is not the problem because basically score on average 2 goals a game is asking your goalies to stand on their heads every game... 

Not scoring goals is a problem it's a big one cuz interesting that Chicago has given up more goals and so has Calgary. .. Calgary has given up 40 goals. So have several other teams... difference is those teams are scoring more than 1 or 2 goals a game. 

Keep on mind also... 

5 goals for vs Carolina... was it 5 also vs Toronto? Maybe 4 but regardless that means in 8 other games they have scored 14 or 15 goals... less than 2 a game. You can't win that way. It just won't happen ever. 

Blame goalies all you want but scoring less than 2 goals a game on average in 8 of your 10 games? That won't get it done.  

Edited by Goalie

The Jets need better goaltending. We need above average goaltending to be a better team not below average. I'm not saying cut him or ship him to the Moose because it takes time for a goalie to grow into his game but how can you argue we don't need better goaltending? How many games have our tenders won us this season? 1 maybe?

What was Helle's sv% this game? .889?

Giving up 2.90 goals a game isn't up to snuff.

Edited by Ducky

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

6UTZaBhwBBxHG.gif

You can actually see the puck changing direction off Chiarot. Chiarot don't touch it... easy glove save. It's no coincidence that when Chiarot moves up so does the puck. He deflected it off his glove or stick 

Edited by Goalie

I think Matthias and Staf going down might be a blessing in disguise....Little too for that matter...Jets are not winning the cup this year so why not finally give Dano a fair shake? Why not call up Copp and dress him? Little going down exposes our depth in NHL ready centers. Roslo has been semi-hot, why not give him a few games as 3C between Armia and Connor plus a bigger payday to get his fire burning a bit more?

How did Burmi play tonight by the way?

9 hours ago, Ducky said:

I think Matthias and Staf going down might be a blessing in disguise....Little too for that matter...Jets are not winning the cup this year so why not finally give Dano a fair shake? Why not call up Copp and dress him? Little going down exposes our depth in NHL ready centers. Roslo has been semi-hot, why not give him a few games as 3C between Armia and Connor plus a bigger payday to get his fire burning a bit more?

How did Burmi play tonight by the way?

He was useless.

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

You can actually see the puck changing direction off Chiarot. Chiarot don't touch it... easy glove save. It's no coincidence that when Chiarot moves up so does the puck. He deflected it off his glove or stick 

I dont see it touching Chiarot at all. It goes high up into the net because Helle got a piece of it.