Anyone going to the game in Calgary?

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

Section A is all rush Safeway seats at $21.99 plus GST per seat. You just have to get to a store in Calgary likely a day or 2 before the game & buy them. if you have friends here ask them to do it for you & pay them back.

My brother sits in Q so we'll be there but yes, good prices :)

I haven't decided if I'm driving down yet. The games I've gone to there have been decent, but the stadium isn't great. The Banjo Bowl was a great reminder of why I like IGF, fantastic leg room for a tall guy, and why when I'm in Winnipeg I turn down free Jets tickets (horrible leg room in MTS centre).

3 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

That. Is insane. Seriously their team is 9-1-1... what more do Calgary fans WANT???

One hundred thousand people out of work. Economy of the city is depressed. Expensive single game day tickets which discourage any kind of walk ups with families. Team refuses to do mini packs like the Bombers do so 7-9,000 seats sit empty most games. It's not the people of Calgary who are insane it's the Flames who own the team & gouge their fans. Now they want taxpayers to support a gargantuan project that includes an inferior football stadium/fieldhouse hybrid along with an arena for $1.8  billion dollars. The Flames ever the civic heroes will throw in $200 million though.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

When Hufnagel is gone and their team starts to suck, the Stamps may be in trouble financially ...

The Flames ownership has to buy a clue & figure out owning a CFL team is quite unlike owning an NHL team. It's a totally different demographic regarding ticket sales & fan support. Never understood the reason to charge $85 for single game day tickets that sit empty or not giving fans who may he hard up for cash the choice between 3 & 4 game mini pack as opposed to full season tickets. It's almost this elitest snob mentality with the Flames that we're too good to lower ourselves to selling mini packs or changing single game day ticket prices to make games affordable. Especially considering most people think that McMahon Stadium is an aging barn with little or no real comforts.

Edited by iso_55

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Calgary sports fans are horrible people. To a lot of them the CFL isn't good enough, more NFL interest from the general population than CFL, but Noeller is right, a lot of the delta bravos in this town would rather go watch a stupid UFC event than the CFL. This town has a lot of the most annoying sports fans going. 

Ahh, so Toronto lite.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Calgary really is Toronto west sometimes. I like the city but there seems to be a lot of people trying to be more than they are rather than just embracing what they are. 

That does sound like T.O.  I was vacationing out Calgary way a few weeks back and noticed a lot of similarities to Toronto in service, attitude and...traffic.

You also have most of the company HQs in Calgary as opposed to say Edmonton so there is a lot more money (well there used to be) in the city and a lot more white collar types than comparable prairie cities. Plus you get people from the low rungs of society suddenly making more money than they ever should have been trying to act like they aren't lower class people and that is really annoying. 

Where Toronto is trying so hard to be New York, Calgary is trying to be Toronto West. And it's NOTHING to do with economic downturn... It's been like this as long as I've been in AB (9 years)  where the CFL just doesn't get any respect or appreciation from Calgary because they don't care. Even the Flames had a similar "fan" base until 2004,and then all of a sudden it became cool to be at the rink. Dave is right, worst sports fans going, period. 

11 hours ago, iso_55 said:

One hundred thousand people out of work. Economy of the city is depressed. Expensive single game day tickets which discourage any kind of walk ups with families. Team refuses to do mini packs like the Bombers do so 7-9,000 seats sit empty most games. It's not the people of Calgary who are insane it's the Flames who own the team & gouge their fans. Now they want taxpayers to support a gargantuan project that includes an inferior football stadium/fieldhouse hybrid along with an arena for $1.8  billion dollars. The Flames ever the civic heroes will throw in $200 million though.

Fair comment regarding the economy in Alberta.  It has been two years since the bottom fell out on the price of oil.  However, if the Flames continue to have sellouts/near sellouts in 2016/17, then I doubt the economy is the primary reason for the subpar attendance numbers of the Stamps.  Flames tickets are much more expensive after all.  Should this be the case, I can only surmise that there is a large subset of people who think the CFL is not big league or cool enough for them to attend.