Bombers add DE Eric Martin.

wbbfan

If he plays like that video.... Bombers will be able to win games with a couple of field goals for points. The hitting will be "off the charts"

Looks like the NFL screwed this up. our good luck.

scouting report, just read it

"Eric Martin is about as sure of a tackler as any player in the draft."

127fs4522738.gif

Edited by Mark F

40 minutes ago, Mark F said:

If he plays like that video.... Bombers will be able to win games with a couple of field goals for points. The hitting will be "off the charts"

Looks like the NFL screwed this up. our good luck.

no joke, every hit he lays looks like hes running 40 yards down hill to get away from an angry bear. Looks like the prototypical wedge breaker the nfl used to employ. I dont watch the nfl any more, but iirc in 09 the out lawed it is it still against the rules? Even so gunner on teams all day. 

11 minutes ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

On Hurl's contract...it was stated that it is well north of $100000.

cant see keeping that around with the plethora of Lbers and young canadians we have but I dont see getting rid of him mid season unless another team gets desperate for NI depth. 

9 hours ago, Mike said:

He's a freak. Love this signing.

Agree. He's a freak. And he really knows how to tackle properly. Didn't see anything above the head & below the knees. He has one that is most likely a horse-collar tackle but other that he's very good. Hoping he adjust to the CFL nuances in short amount of time. 

A very good analysis, thanks to MOAB. Sounds like he has all the tools to be a Ty Jones rush-backer type player. He sounds smart and young enough to adapt to the CFL game and excel at it. I'm looking forward to seeing the impact he makes. The Bomber scouting looks to be paying off big time.

6 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'm assuming this is the one hit that he was suspended ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5qRVeRMhso

think so. 

5 minutes ago, tracker said:

A very good analysis, thanks to MOAB. Sounds like he has all the tools to be a Ty Jones rush-backer type player. He sounds smart and young enough to adapt to the CFL game and excel at it. I'm looking forward to seeing the impact he makes. The Bomber scouting looks to be paying off big time.

thats from the bleacher report page linked on the first page of the thread. I dont think we are supposed to post full articles copy paste on here. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

think so. 

thats from the bleacher report page linked on the first page of the thread. I dont think we are supposed to post full articles copy paste on here. 

I pasted the link to the source at the bottom. I'm not plagiarising.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

no but its also free booting. Im not sure if its still in effect but it used to be you werent supposed to copy paste full articles. 

This is from the Code of Conduct 

7. When posting off site articles or stories from a news site, your post should include a link to the original website the article came from as well as only a small portion of the article to give readers an indication of the content.

I admit I posted the whole article but it doesnt make sense to just paste a part of it since it's the whole scouting report of the player. 

Are you just jealous because I found/post the article first and I get compliment from tracker? ;)

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Technically whole articles shouldn't be posted.  Articles behind pay walls should definitely not be posted.

It is a copyright infringement.  It costs money for those other websites to create content and they should get the traffic and potential ad revenue for creating it.

It isn't something we've always stringently enforced, but could easily become something we have to enforce if other sites complain or becomes common place.

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

It's not behind a paywall though. 

Technically whole articles shouldn't be posted.  Articles behind pay walls should definitely not be posted.

Like I said, it isn't something we've stringently enforced, but it really should be avoided if at all possible.  Something like this would be the preferred method:

Eric Martin is an excellent pass-rushing athlete who played for Nebraska in his college days. However, his NFL outlook could constitute a position switch. He's a quick, strong and athletic player who would benefit from a move to an outside linebacker and defensive end hybrid role. He should be taken late in the draft as a rotational player and project for a team needing one.

Explore what makes Eric Martin a potential NFL player here:

Overall Strengths

+ Martin has great athleticism and good size for an outside linebacker in both 3-4 and 4-3 sets.

+ Rushing the passer is a true strength for Martin.

+ He's a very secure tackler and delivers hits with good pop.

+ He shows good hand usage for a defensive end, but it would be great at linebacker.

Overall Weaknesses

- He was never used at linebacker and always had his hand in the dirt compromising his potential in college.

- He was rarely used in coverage and therefore is very unknown there.

- There are times when his size becomes a huge disadvantage against the run, and he gets blocked out of plays.

More info here:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1599347-eric-martin-scouting-report-nfl-outlook-for-nebraska-olb

Giving people a snippet to see if the link is something they would want to read.  Then the site that created it gets the traffic for the author(s) they had to pay to write it.

23 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

This is from the Code of Conduct 

I admit I posted the whole article but it doesnt make sense to just paste a part of it since it's the whole scouting report of the player. 

Are you just jealous because I found/post the article first and I get compliment from tracker? ;)

I posted the same link 10 hours before, and thats why i posted the link not the article.