3 stars plus HH

wbbfan

I Just want to pass along some 'love' for our kicker Justin Medlock. He is now hitting his stride and performing in the manner for which he is being paid. 

Without digging too much, I believe he has hit 11 FGs in a row and is 17-21 for the year, including the 2 in Friday's game. But it isn't only the clutch FG kicking that I tip my hat to Medlock, but also his punting.

Using Friday's game a s reference point, Lirim had 1 FG and punted the ball 7 times for 341 yards or for a 44.4 yard average - net yardage 213 or a 30.4 average.

Medlock punted the ball 9 times for 400 yards and the same average - 44.4. His net yards were 355 for a 39.4 yard average....a full 9 yard difference in punts. 

Now, I realize punt returners can affect this average, and cover teams, but it shows Medlock does place the ball well, as highlighted by that well placed kick in the coffin corner later in the game.

Justin, this one's for you ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I Just want to pass along some 'love' for our kicker Justin Medlock. He is now hitting his stride and performing in the manner for which he is being paid. 

Without digging too much, I believe he has hit 11 FGs in a row and is 17-21 for the year, including the 2 in Friday's game. But it isn't only the clutch FG kicking that I tip my hat to Medlock, but also his punting.

Using Friday's game a s reference point, Lirim had 1 FG and punted the ball 7 times for 341 yards or for a 44.4 yard average - net yardage 213 or a 30.4 average.

Medlock punted the ball 9 times for 400 yards and the same average - 44.4. His net yards were 355 for a 39.4 yard average....a full 9 yard difference in punts. 

Now, I realize punt returners can affect this average, and cover teams, but it shows Medlock does place the ball well, as highlighted by that well placed kick in the coffin corner later in the game.

Justin, this one's for you ?

thats the truth. he was kicking every thing from 50 yards out at the start of the season too. doesnt help. but his coffin corner punts have been excellent.