Everything posted by bearpants
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
Actually, I think the riders would have to go 6-1... since the Bombers hold the tie-breaker... the riders need to outright win in the standings... you can't call riderfans an echo-chamber who shouts down any contrarian... and then post this... (well, I guess you can do whatever you want... it's just hypocritical )
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
I’m surprised there wasn’t a little more reaction to the final TD… the ref was right there so we’ll have to trust his call… but nothing I saw live or on replays showed Fajarso anywhere near the goal line… and when the pile got up he was a good half yard away from the line… didn’t see him reach the ball out or anything… seemed questionable but the ref made the call and it’s impossible to overturn based on the replays…
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
Every time this board counts out the riders... they seem to play their best... let's wait to see what happens tonight...
-
The state of our kicking game
I agree... it's only really worth it when your kicker is... Medlock
-
GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs
I'm assuming this is a Will Ferrell as Neil Diamond quote... if not, congrats on joining the PPC...
-
The state of our kicking game
funny thing is the only game where it actually did matter... Leggs made the kicks....
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
Thanks for answering the question that I was thinking but never actually asked... are you a mind reader?? Also, this thread, in general, was depressing... I didn't have the misfortune of watching this game but it sounds painful...
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
You're right that this management won't fire LaPo right away... but if ownership decides to move on from Desjardins after the season... a new GM could easily (and likely) want his own coach...
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
It's true... the patience shown from Miller, Walters and O'Shea was certainly not matched by the fan base.... but it paid off... and you need all levels on board to pull this stuff off...
-
2021 (??) CFL Season
What's the story with Ty Cobb?
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
good idea.. but unfortunately someone coaching to keep their job probably doesn't have that luxury...
-
Week 7 - Non-Champ Games - Cgy@Ham Tor@Ssk BC@MTL
Lions are 4-2 with a good offense… wouldn’t count them out… though I’d like our chances against them at home in late November…
-
GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS
AND throws a hard ball…
-
GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS
Ugly game… kicking was hideous… made the rookie QB look better than he should have… offense sputtered along after the first quarter… but good teams find ways to win… and that’s what the bombers did today
-
GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS
Can we call medlock again?
-
GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS
Slightly under thrown… should’ve been a TD… can’t win em all
-
GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS
Was thinking that too… does he think most 6’5 pro athletes are generally unathletic 😂
-
GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS
More on the team than the guy… take it out of circulation for a while… you won’t be seeing a #85 receiver for the bombers for a long time…
-
GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS
This dude wearing #15… no one teach him about this teams history??
-
GDT-Antlers vs THE CHAMPS
Anyone still concerned about Adams??
-
Week 7 - Non-Champ Games - Cgy@Ham Tor@Ssk BC@MTL
I’m afraid to admit I agree with our rider friend… not sure why people are concerned about the riders schedule…. they now only play 2 of their remaining 8 at home… not ideal for the stretch… and remember what happened the only time they played on the road this year…😂
-
GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs
Nothing wrong with a contrarian... as a matter of fact, I think it's good for the discussion... but when your argument is "my opinion is more right than yours and you just think your the smartest (because your background suggests you actually are) because you played"... not much to work with there...
-
GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs
That's not necessarily true... Bill Belichick always pumps the other team's tires... but @GCn20 explains the difference perfectly above...
-
"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)
The scoring stats don't mean much since we've played 6 games (and Calg) and every other team has only played 4 or 5... however, that makes the defensive stats even more impressive...
-
Obscure moments and players in Bombers history
My friend has a Shabazz jersey... but I don't think he's worn it in public in quite a while...