Everything posted by bearpants
-
CFL awards
If you're talkin CFL all-stars the RB spot goes to Stanback... unless there's two? I can't remember now...
-
2021 (??) CFL Season
I think you're kind of missing the point of a discussion forum...
-
2021 (??) CFL Season
This post aged incredibly well 😁 Does anyone else thinks it's a red flag that Dinwiddie is already giving up on Arbuckle...
-
CFL awards
You could make the case for a Bombers sweep... MOP - Collaros MODP - Jefferson, Bighill, or Jeffcoat MOR - Alford MOC - Demski MOOL - Bryant Coach - Osh But that won't happened for two reason... other players around the league have been good (or better in some cases) too... and they would never let one team sweep... I'm thinking Collaros, one of those defensive players and O'Shea are basically a lock...
-
Week 12 - GDT - Non-Champ Edition
This comment is about two years too late… anyone not on board with O’Shea had their mind changed by Nov 2019…
-
Week 12 - GDT - Non-Champ Edition
Does he know the IGF field isn’t real grass and the temp was above zero?… if that was even remotely close to true then BC must have the worst equipment staff in the history of football… “good news guys, we all got new air Jordans for tonight’s game” 😂
-
3 star plus HH bc beat down WCF road to the grey cup
Hey… it’s my brother Marty!
-
GDT - Week 12 - Lions @ Champs
I think the main problem is most other teams fans have no idea how significant some of those injuries are… they have no idea how good Stove and Wilson are, for example… they just see that Jefferson, Jeffcoat, and Biggie have played all year and therefore we’ve been perfectly healthy on D all year… I don’t put too much stock into those “assessments” bc it’s mostly due to ignorance…
-
Week 12 Lions @Champs pre game talk
Impossible not to love Hardrick! Probably not… if there was any chance he’d probably be listed as the starter…
-
Let's Go Bombers Episode 7: The Tait Awakens
What do I win?! 🤣🤪 I guess I have to listen to the podcast now
-
Who are we likely to lose after this season??
off the top of my head, I think there’s three current HCs who went from STC to HC… John Harbaugh is the most well known and accomplished… joe judge for the giants… And I’m pretty sure the Texans current HC was a STC…
-
Who are we likely to lose after this season??
Something that hasn’t been mentioned around here… I wonder if Buck Pierce will garner any interest for a head coaching gig… not sure how many openings there will be next year… Edmonton seems like the only lock at this point… Ottawa and Sask might be possibilities… every other team should be set at HC for at least one more year…
-
Who are we likely to lose after this season??
If Harris is healthy... I could see him back for one more go... two reason: (1) this is likely to be a championship contending team again next year and (2) he'll likely fall just short of the 10,000 yard mark for his career by the end of this season... he could get there with a couple more games played... However, I would think he usage would be 50%, at most... a literal and figurative hand off to Brady...
-
2021 (??) CFL Season
Doesn't matter how talented he is... a guy like that would never, ever fit in with this Bombers team...
-
2021 (??) CFL Season
Hey, maybe he'll get completely burnt by Darvin Adams in a playoff game again....
-
Mourtada
Is this for the Riders or the Huskies?
-
Week 12 Lions @Champs pre game talk
I have no problem with fans looking ahead to the Grey Cup... as long as that locker room sticks to the 1-0 mentality... and I'm confident they will...
-
Mourtada
Doesn't make any sense to play Mourtada this week if Castillo can't go right away... Maybe that Ferraro can punt and they'll let Leggs to the place kicking... Either that or I'd give it all to Leggs... Mourtada is a dead man walking.. and as @TrueBlue4ever said, what happens if he has a good game... last thing we need is a kicker controversy in a season where we've had nothing but sketchy kicking...
-
Give McGuire game reps
He's gonna be quiet all year... then BOOM... in the West Final or GC he's gonna come down with a huge contested TD catch, clinching a win, and we'll forget all the nothing he did all year... 😁
-
Mourtada
This is true... you were right to call them out on that... then they alleviated your concerns by signing Crapinga... not exactly a game changing signing... but they (and some here, myself included) agreed with your assessment and tried to fix it... Finally... they have properly fixed it...
-
Week 10 - Non-Champ Edition
Calgary could absolutely run the table to close out the season... getting hot at the right time...
-
Give McGuire game reps
I completely forgot that we brought back Kevin Glenn for a brief insurance policy a few years back...
-
3 stars plus hh Elk sweep
Of course, he's still a great runner in almost all aspects... but when it comes to pure foot speed, he hasn't outrun a DB in years...
-
3 stars plus hh Elk sweep
I agree with everything you say on Harris… he is still one of the best when it come to finding holes, breaking tackles, catching, blocking, etc… but I disagree with the bolded, especially still… breakaway speed is the only thing missing from his arsenal at this point in his career…
-
Week 12 Lions @Champs pre game talk
Jets have already lost more games than the bombers this year…