Everything posted by bearpants
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
wow... good for him... never like to lose quality players to the NFL... but I wish him all the best... The Saints really seem to be dipping into Canada a lot recently... a lot of NFL people think Delvin Breaux is a star in waiting and they're excited about the development of David Onyemata...
-
Making Odds at the QB Raffle
The Rooney Rule isn't technically a minority hiring policy... it legislates that teams must interview at least one minority candidate for top positions (HC and up)... a lot of teams find ways to circumvent this rule...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
1) Totally agree... don't care where he comes from, just give me a QB that can play... 2) Don't worry... Chris Jones is single-handedly resetting the market for the good of the CFL... what a hero! Dan Federkeil is the only guy I can think of that would be close to being that type of "loyal"...
-
3-Year Contract Extensions For Walters and OShea
I just want to comment on this particular contradiction... if your knee hurts, does it change the way you walk?... if your index finger is busted, does it change the way you type or hand write?...
-
Walters' Priorities
releasing Bennet tells me that management thinks he is not worth spending resources on... not that they are completely giving up on developing a QB...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I don't know who Brett Tessler is... but you could probably make an argument that Chris Rainy takes that title...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Fun fact: Jeff Tedford is the HC of Fresno State... hence the CFL connection... http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/bulldogs-football/article121000313.html
-
Adjusting Rules for 2017
This would work well for TSN too... they could throw in a 60 sec commercial break (b/c let's be honest, they'd use the whole 60 sec whether they need it or not) and when the broadcast resumes we're ready to hear the call and proceed with the game...
-
Walters' Priorities
So to clarify... you think the Bomber strategy for QBs is to ignore trying to develop one and just hope we can acquire one via trade or FA.... yeah, I'm sure that kind of strategy gets you a front office job in the CFL...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
Again, missing the point... Every single Bomber fan agrees with that part I've bolded... so doesn't it make sense to you to keep the a guy who can hold down the fort until this amazing prospect comes along?? Just curious, what's your alternate plan?... sign Durant and hope he has 3 or 4 good years left?... I like that idea, but there are major injury and longevity concerns with Durant (whom I really like as a QB BTW)...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Looks like this got overshadowed by the Mack news... but IMO this is very bad news for the CFL... anytime we lose quality coaches to NCAA it hurts the CFL game... that's 2 potential future HCs in 2 years now leaving... both (not coincidentally perhaps?) Hamilton coordinators too....
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
The point you're missing is there's no "love affair".... he isn't the messiah ready to take over the CFL with his spectacular QBing skills... what he is, is a capable QB who WILL win us some football games... and unless you haven't been paying attention... we haven't had one of those in quite some time...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
ahh yes, that makes sense... that essentially what I was suggesting in the bolded part above...
-
League-Wide All-Stars Announced
They play different positions
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I didn't realize that's what the fine was for... I actually have no problem with it then... if Adidas is paying big bucks to sponsor the league... all players should be wearing Adidas, no questions asked...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
This doesn't seem like a legit "release"... I would guess either he's not actually released and if he gets a contract offer then he gets "officially" released... or if he does not get a contract by the agreed date they already have a hand-shake agreement that he'll sign back on for 2 years...
-
Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks
I agree that right now, Richards over Durant looks like a bad decision... but I have no problem with Goossen, Briggs, and Waggoner...
-
3-Year Contract Extensions For Walters and OShea
I didn't like the call.... but I know there were plenty here and publicly who did agree with it... I'm not going to let that call define his coaching tenure so far... Sometimes silence says more than words ever could...
-
Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks
That's the ting about the CFL draft... there's so much speculation about player rankings... but we don't know the true rankings until after the NFL draft and UDFA signings... A couple years ago Christian Covington was still the top ranked player heading into the CFL draft... but basically every CFL team knew he would never play a down in the CFL...
-
League-Wide All-Stars Announced
That was kinda the point of the etc... I thought listing 3 position groups would suffice to making my point...
-
3-Year Contract Extensions For Walters and OShea
I assumed this was only a formality... nice to get it done early... now they can focus on everything else from assistant coaches to free agency to the draft...
-
Maximum Value for our 1st & 5th picks
I don't know how many guys are on the NFL radar... I know Auclair has got a lot of attention and likely to get a shot... according to CBS football they are ranked Senior in the 27th ranked OT and Ankou the 56th ranked DT in the upcoming NFL draft... so while neither may get drafted let's just assume they get a shot at the NFL... suddenly that makes Gray the 2nd ranked player and top ranked O-lineman in the draft this year.... depending on how things play out it certainly wouldn't be a stretch to consider him at #1...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
Is there a connection between Maciocia and Chapdelaine? Did they work together in Edmonton?
-
League-Wide All-Stars Announced
clearly the problem is they named 3 LBers regardless of which LB position they play... which shouldn't be... if they did that with other positions then theoretically the whole O-line could be tackles and the entire secondary could be corners or an all slotback WR corps, etc... doesn't makes sense for the other positions, so why for LB?... there's no question Leggett was 1) a difference maker in every game he played and 2) the best SAM LB in the league this year... so he got screwed b/c of the lack of positional distinction...
-
Adjusting Rules for 2017
I really like these two... it just seems like such a no-brainer... which is why it will never happen