Everything posted by bearpants
-
3 stars + HH Heart stopping OT edition
Sorry, I didn't want to bring it up... I just distinctly remembered a challenge and subsequent challenge of a challenge... so I had to track it down...
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
-
3 stars + HH Heart stopping OT edition
1:41:40 is when Kent Austin challenges the spot...
-
Guns N' Roses Play IGF Aug 24th
Was hoping to see a few concert reviews here... I was in attendance from the first groove of Naveed until the final notes of Paradise City still rung through the stadium and in my opinion, there was never a down moment... Our Lady Peace - they did a nice 45 minute set... played mostly the hits from the past including Naveed, Starseed, 4am, and Innocent.... they also threw in one new song, which I enjoyed... overall, a nice opener to get the crowd going... Gun N' Roses - I've always had an emotional attachment to this band... when I was around 12 (keep in mind this was about 10 years after GnR debuted, I was just born when they actually first came out) I mostly listened to pop on the radio or pop/punk bands like blink 182 and Green Day... and then one day a friend introduced me to "Appetite for Destruction"... and it changed my life (musically) from that point on... it was my gateway to other classic rock and metal and Slash is probably the sole reason I still play a Les Paul to this day... so needless to say, I was hoping for a great show... some questioned is Axl could still hit the notes... that concern was quickly crushed by song 4 - "welcome to the jungle" - and absolutely demolished by 'Live and Let die"... even by the end of the 3:15 set, he was still knocking every note out of the park... the only time he may have been slightly out of tune was the whistling in "Patience"... but I'll give a pass for that... I wasn't sure how Slash's playing was these days... I last saw him live with Velvet Revolver about 10 years ago and he was still very good then... he was better than I could've imagined... hit the solos with such precision and timing there was never any doubt of his supremacy... watching his bends during the solo for Patience was a thing of beauty... thoroughly enjoyed all of it... Duff and the rest of the band were solid all night... I hate to lump Duff in with the other guys but he was exactly as expected... great vocals and made it a proud thumping thursday.... the other guitar player and drummer I was unfamiliar with but I obviously expected they would hire superior musicians to fill those roles, and I was not disappointed... the back-and-forth soloing from Slash and Richard Fortus during their rendition of Pink Floyd's "wish you were here" was one of the highlights for me on this night... All in all a great show... my personal opinion it was a perfect 5/5... but I obviously have a serious bias... I have a hard time imagining someone rating it less than 4.5/5....
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
I saw this Art Briles news come up on the twitter feed on the side... my first thought "you can't be serious"...
-
Season at the half. awards, stats and fun.
MOP - Nichols ... only competitor is Harris but luckily he had his own category... MOC - Harris ... is there really anyone who thinks it should be someone else?... MODP - Randle ... Leggett definitely in the running... ST - Medlock... see note on Harris above... OL - Bryant.... Bond is great, Chungh is great... actually they're all pretty damn good... but IMO Bryant is the anchor of the line... MOR - Thorpe... leaning towards Poop... but @Noeller convinced me that a DT isn't sexy enough for the award....
-
3 stars + HH Heart stopping OT edition
challenges definitely existed in 07... I specifically remember Austin challenging a spot and they actually won it... then Berry took a stupid delay of game penalty buy "challenging the challenge" ... I don't recall the circumstances of this particular INT, whether we were out of challenges or didn't throw the flag in time, or didn't notice, etc...
-
Guns N' Roses Play IGF Aug 24th
It's not 1991 anymore.... all accounts indicate they have been acting like a professional band this entire tour... I will be in attendance and I look forward to a great, nostalgic show!... Also, OLP is a solid opening band... Ideally they stick to a mostly Naveed/Clumsy set list and it should be a solid show from beginning to end....
-
Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als
You can bet Lewis will be on the field for much of the game... but that also means there will be a fullback in play or one of Cunningham/Jackson will be on the bench... both situations play well for us...
-
Lock of the Week 10
Jeremiah Johnson
-
Injury Report
sounding more and more like when (if) Wild comes back it will only be for the stretch run...
-
Derel Walker
that's kind of what I was thinking... more than just money and talent, locker room presence, character and leadership play a major role for O'Shea... not to say that Walker doesn't have those qualities but Dressler is a fixture on this team now and the only thing keeping him off the roster when he returns would be his own decisions (if for some odd reason he decided to retire or something)....
-
Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als
We've seen the team make some questionable (at least in the fan's opinion) decisions in the past... but I can't imagine any way, barring injury, that Flanders and Harris are not in every game going forward...
-
Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als
I completely agree... all I, and a few others, were saying is that he was believed to be pro-ready when he was drafted... the fact that he's not playing much is no big deal at all...
-
Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als
he was considered the most "pro-ready" player in the draft... It was suggested that was one of the major reasons the Bombers selected him... Maybe the narrative has changed now... but he wasn't considered as much of a project a few months ago...
-
Flying High into Montréal: Bombers vs. Als
can't help but laugh at a hack like this... Ray Lankford?... you couldn't take 10 seconds to look up the proper name... Penalty aided drive?... maybe stop leading with your head when tackling... and I only recall Nichols making 3 tacklers look stupid on a 15 yard run at the end... no penalties aided that play... Appeared to be short?... the TSN review team and the CFL command center (I know, not the most reliable source) determined it was a TD... but I'm sure some writer in Montreal got the real exclusive... haha, what a clown
-
US Politics
Translated: we don't want to impeach the president b/c we are concerned it might upset our Nazi voter base... this is a real thing and it's 2017...
- Stadium Experiences - Tim Horton's Field and BMO Field
-
Little things
Whoa... save that for Mrs BigBlue...
-
Derel Walker
I'd probably cut Bruce Johnson... Seriously though, no one here knows if the Bombers have the cap space to sign a guy like him... but we do know that Kyle Walters is a diligent cap manager and if there's a way to get it done, he'll find it...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Yeah, we're agreeing on the same point... I just noted that drafted RBs early "re-started" in the 2015 draft with Gurley and Gordon, not 2016 with Elliot...
-
Stamps @Lions
Wally was in Calgary at that time.... Adam Rita was the Lions HC...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
The Rams actually "reset" the RB draft market the year before by taking Todd Gurley 10th overall... and Melvin Gordon went 15 or 16 to San Diego that same year...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
I never said he wasn't a bust... I just said he had a good rookie season... the numbers don't tell the whole story... I remember he had decent vision and amazing power... then it all just went away the next year...
-
Bombers In-Season Transactions
too bad... he seems like a great Teammate/locker room guy... also thought he played pretty good in his one and only game last year.... but he played in 1 game over a year and a half, so not really a huge shocker...