Rodblacks @ Als

A little football to get things started before the big game on Sunday

While it won't have the same kind of buildup per se, gotta think this game could be the crossroads for both teams.  Ottawa has a little traction that could turn into a serious run if they won again tonight.  Montreal on the other hand is 1-4 since upsetting the Stamps, so they need this game if they're gonna start turning things in the other direction.  Loser of this game may very well not sniff the playoffs.

Might have to try and break out 2 TVs for this one since college football's starting up tonight in Ohio St and I also got a FF draft going on tonight.  Staying busy for sure.

Edited by USABomberfan

OTTAWA AT MONTREAL    -  Thursday, August 31st – 7:30 p.m. ET

This marks the 20th occasion that the Alouettes and teams from Ottawa will meet on Labour Day Weekend and the second consecutive year they’ve met.

Ottawa holds the slight edge (10-9) in the series, and has scored only five more points than Montreal (387-382).

More than half of the games in this series have been decided in the last three minutes.

*In last year’s game on Mark’s Labour Day Weekend, the REDBLACKS relied heavily on Ernest Jackson who had five receptions for 109 yards and a touchdown. This time around, Jackson will be playing for the Alouettes.

Nik Lewis also had a big game last year when he recorded 10 receptions for 92 yards and a touchdown.

In these teams’ first meeting of the season during Week Five, Ottawa won 24-19 in Ottawa.

Since 2014 Montreal is 4-6 versus Ottawa; six of those games were decided by eight points or fewer.

This season, nine of Ottawa’s 10 games have been decided by seven points or fewer. Montreal has had seven games decided by seven points or fewer.

An Ottawa win would give them first place in the East Division with nine points.

A Montreal victory would have the Alouettes leap-frog the REDBLACKS for second place in the East, as they’re tied with Toronto at 4-6 with Toronto playing on Monday.

REDBLACKS receiver and Peterborough, Ontario native Brad Sinopoli will play in his 100th CFL Game on Thursday.

Boris Bede’s 69.8 yard kickoff average is the highest in CFL history and on pace to break the CFL record of 67.9 yards set by Jamie Boreham in 2010.

Game Notes - CFL.ca Staff

2 hours ago, nate007 said:

Pretty surprised this game isn't on Friday night, giving TSN's marketing strategy of highlighting that game every week.

Not to mention NFL Preseason puts in all its final games tonight and has no games tomorrow, and from what I can see pretty much no big game college football either tomorrow night.  Indeed, you'd figure around this time they'd start honing in on the Friday night slot.

12 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I really don't get the logic behind promoting that guy to GM, what did he do to warrant that?

Yep it is puzzling. He's been around, but so have a lot of guys. I was also pretty surprised by the announcement. Does he have a reputation for having an eye for talent or ability to negotiate well? He is pretty unspectacular as far as I can tell.