Everything posted by Arnold_Palmer
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Not sure but I like it! Keep em coming Jonsie
-
Who was our worst coach?
We have had some terrible leadership here in the last 20 years. Burke, Daley, and Reinbold were all terrible. Kelly, and Berry were mediocre. Richie was good, and the jury is still out on O'Sheas legacy although I feel good about him as our head coach.
- In Case You Missed It
-
In Case You Missed It
I don't think it's just Calgary. I think it's every major CFL city. When the global scale for the NFL is so huge and fantasy football is popular for the 18-35 range it gets people really engaged into the game. I'm 26 and I can say I'm easily the biggest Bomber fan in our group of friends who are all huge sports people.
-
Receivers
Mason Nesbitt - Just talked to @CowboyAthletics and @GopherFootball product Drew Wolitarsky. He's excited to join CFL Winnipeg Blue Bombers in about a week.
-
I like Matt Nichols
I'm going to be completely honest. I thought Nichols was a little off last night. Especially early in the game, but to his credit he played an amazing stretch where they scored on SIX STRAIGHT possessions. He turned a rough start into one of his overall games of his career. ( career high 4 TD's) the thing I see out of Nichols is that once he gets into grove with his receiving core I think he's going to have an outstanding season and prove a lot of critics wrong. Heck I think he strives off of it.
-
I like Matt Nichols
If Saskatchewan would have out played us in OT they would have won the football game.
-
I like Matt Nichols
18-9 to be exact. More importantly.. 10-3 as a starter. The fact that we're arguing that he could have had 5,6 touchdowns last night makes me realize how much stability we have at the QB position.
-
3 stars + HH first game
1. Justin Medlock- low key our most valuable player last season. 5/5 field goals tonight, 4/4 on the extra point. The guy is worth every penny were paying him. 2. Weston Dressler- 6 catches for 124 yards and 2 TD's. Too small to be a reciever in Jones's offense though 3. Matt Nichols- 331 yards and 4 TD's. Can't ask for much more productive from the QB position, although the scary thing is he definitely could have had 5 or 6. Missed a few throws tonight. HM: Hurl, Randle, Adams, Alexander, Carmichael
-
Bombers vs Riders GDT
You mean 17 points in the first quarter right?
-
2017 NHL Off Season
900k to be a "good guy in the locker"
-
2017 NHL Off Season
Morrissey - TroubaEnstrom - ByfuglienKulikov - Myers I like our D core heading into next season. I also like the signing of Mason. Two years of steady goaltending, and hopefully Hellebuyck can steal the job from him.
- BC - TO / MONTREAL @ EDMONTON
-
Depth Charts Week 1 Bombers vs Riders
i know we're joking over here, that will be a valid excuse over on RF that's the funny thing.
- OTTAWA @ CALGARY
- OTTAWA @ CALGARY
- OTTAWA @ CALGARY
- OTTAWA @ CALGARY
-
Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg
The funny thing is this guys behaviour is typical that of a Rider Fan on their board. Completely arrogant about their shitty football team.
-
Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg
Yeah I see a balanced attack. I think Flanders gets some carries once we get a healthy lead. We don't need Harris hurt.
-
Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg
4 Grey Cups in a century and Rider fans act like they're the messiah of pro football..
-
Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg
32 years old. Canadian.. And 24 sacks in the past two seasons. That's a weird example.
-
Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg
Well they only lost by 1 point to the second worst team in the league. For a team that hasn't won too many games in the past two and a half years moral victories are something that should be considered an accomplishment in Riderville.
-
Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg
Hate to burst your bubble but those are all terrible options and Jones/Murphy should be embarrassed by your Canadian content.
-
Biggest Rivalry in the CFL: Regina Winnipeg
My prediction for Saturday's contest.. Nichols throws for 300 yards with 3 TD's and no turn overs. Harris runs for just shy of a 100 yards, Bombers win by 20 plus points, and Rider fans implode until next half way through next week where they still insist they have a capable roster, and Jones is the greatest thing since sliced bread.