Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Brandon

  1. I will drink two giant glasses of milk in her honor tonight....
  2. We can't be surprised, O'Shea has always said "minor tweaking" and needing to review film to adjust a tiny smidgen small adjustment to make things all better. Has he ever made veil vague threats of changes will be made if the guys keep dogging it? I think he's been more consistent on a non answer then even Mike Kelly handled internally crap from 20 years ago.
  3. Another downtown business goes down... very unfortunate. Global NewsRudy’s closing as restaurants continue to face challenges...Watch Rudy’s closing as restaurants continue to face challenges Video Online, on GlobalNews.ca
  4. I think OC/DC will go... I can't imagine they can O'Shea and Walters.
  5. I'd be curious to know the dynamics if anyone is approaching Walters or he himself is approaching his coaches and making suggestions for roster changes. Seeing guys like Mauldin who had 2 sacks who can come in and play for a season are quick fixes the club could (should) make. Geno Lewis can't possible be any worse then Gavin Cobb. Maybe bring back Houston for a 3rd (4th) time... I have no idea who is out there, but looking at other teams I'm continously seeing new names on gameday rosters. Some of them end up sticking. After ten games how many fresh faces have they tried out?
  6. I wonder had Javon Santos Knox stayed healthy how things would have turned out (for our Lbers)
  7. Another game I missed... from the looks of it these boards seem more entertaining then watching the action on the field. Maybe some kind of crazy miracle where Dinwiddie steps down as HC and stays as OC/GM and Ottawa picks up the rest of O'Shea's contract as HC/DC for next year? Does anyone know how or if the DoOrDie Odds and Sods is doing ok these days? I miss reading the odds and sods during our dark days , they were always a fun read. Lots of guys are getting axed in the NFL right now, any chance that they attempt at bringing any of them up here? Surely they can find someone who can do more then a Gavin Cobb 1 reception for 9 yards per game type of guy. Is their truly only 5 guys that they can pick from who can play in the CFL? Am I that out of touch that the pool of guys that we can bring in is so low that it's impossible to find replacements or competition? Geno Lewis even if he's shot can't be as bad as a Gavin Cobb?
  8. I don't ever remember a time on these boards or anywhere else that anyone ever said Jake Thomas was a fine or a talented player. He was just a guy who was just there. I also don't remember ever going to a game and hearing the crowd roar when the PA announcer would get excited after a big Jake Thomas play. I do still have memories in my head from 30 years ago when the PA guy would say "K.....D... WILLIAMS" after the dude would make a big play. Thomas could be a good coach, I'll give him a chance.
  9. Zach in the last 3 years has been in the bottom half of the starting QBs of the league. Lots of forced throws and the lack of escapability that he had in his youth has really impacted him. I'd be shocked if he's our starting QB next season (assuming he is healthy).
  10. Did I hear correctly that our D has only 3 int's this season including the gift in the 1st quarter? Yikes! Our O is so anemic and one dimensional. I was going to **** on Cobb on that extremely lame attempt in the 1st quarter... but watching Pokey drop the easiest TD and being extremely lazy on the late game deep ball... those are the plays that a guy like Schoen/Lawler make 99% of the time. White does what he does well. Also outside of the late game deep ball to Demski... the last 3 coaches we had always used to call the deep post to Demski with great success... why not this season? Kelly succccccccccccccccccks badly as bad as we was in pre season. K Wilson also succccccccccks badly. This club is very boring to watch these days... no big plays at all and a whole lot of settling both on O and D. As for Ottawa... Maier isn't as bad as people say. The complete lack of run game is insane and that D is in serious trouble.
  11. I'm shocked that they had more then 1 season with numbers like that?
  12. They can't possible lose despite having everything in their favour... right? RIIIIIIIGHT?
  13. Correct. The point was that someones physical looks doesn't indicate if they are a drunky/druggy.
  14. IF (when) we lose to Ottawa... at that point I think I'd rather be a fighting 2 - 7 rather then a 4-5 getting embarrassed.....
  15. Max Hall was coked up and nobody said a thing back in the day when he was with us...
  16. Sometimes investigations can take months, more so if you have unwilling parties.
  17. It's a myth, medically proven. That being said both can be true where Dinwiddie is a drunk and also has rosacea.
  18. Everything I read is that it's a myth that booze causes the red nose.
  19. No worries... I'm sure they'll look fantastic in their next game and will get that first win....
  20. As far as I know... it's a myth that drinking causes the big red nose. That being said... I've seen lots of heavy drinkers with the big red nose and unless he has some late stage skin condition... something must be up. The erratic behaviour is either that he is quick to action... or maybe he's high strung and paranoid? Who knows?
  21. A team mate of his once complained to me about how he (Picard) would shoot snot rockets in their hotel room leaving souvenirs on the walls and furniture. That is all.
  22. I'd be curious to know how busy the Radisson is. We've had people from work stay and had no issues with the hotel... but going out at night they were not a fan at all with how dangerous and unwelcoming the area is. The next visits they stayed by the airport. They could convert to condos... but AFAIK the condo scene downtown is having issues finding buyers. It's an undesired area for older folks and the young professionals seem to be moving away from Winnipeg.
  23. I don't think that is the case. For myself I have zero issues with Walters... I think it's all coaching issues. I have not liked our D at all even during the Grey Cup run. I absolutely can't-stand-za (can't stand) the playing 10 yards off the receivers and giving easy 5 - 8 yard passes every time. Against shitty qbs it works... against any good QB who can make a quick read... we get torched BADLY. I'm shocked that that Jason Maas consecutive completion record has not been broken against us. At least we were good against the run before hand... Maybe Javon Santos Knox may have made a difference? Who knows. D is awful. I think people were optimistic about Condell because Hogan was so god damn bad that ANYTHING is better. I think the idea of giving the keys to a known name rather then a complete nobody (Hogan) was why people were feeling good. Unfortunately Condell is feeling like Belle-fool 2.0. 100% needs to go. The O'Shea I think the fact that he broke our huge losing streak at the cup gave him a tonne of good will. I believe many fans are starting to remember the pre Grey Cup run days with him. Maybe second guessing is happening since he's shown zero change in the last few years. Guys like BUOOOOOOOOOONO and Dickenson and whoever else usually will cut their losses and at least try to make big changes. O'Shea is just... there. the FIFO gimmick has ran its course. I don't want a loose cannon like Dinwiddie , but count me in on giving someone young and hungry a chance. Sometimes it works out (see Saskatchewan).
  24. https://www.tmz.com/2026/08/04/dory-funk-jr-dead/
  25. Imagine if Robert Marve had good knees... that cannon arm was something.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.