Everything posted by bigg jay
-
Our new jersey
In that vein... here's a picture of the previously mentioned Aquarium President.
-
GDT: Winnipeg @ Toronto
The refs can hit the road too after the PI and hands to the face calls.
-
Robin Williams dead from apparent suicide - RIP
Sad to hear. He spent his life bringing happiness to others but couldn't find it for himself.
-
Lock of the week 8
Going with Bowman as well.
-
Esks @ Awful Als / Tabbies @ Leos
Had to laugh when he had Juran Bolden with a nice tackle in the 1st half.
-
Bombers release RB Will Ford
Ford only managed to get 39 yards himself... not exactly numbers to be bragging about. Grigsby should send a tweet lol'ing at Ford's receiving numbers (12 for Ford vs 61 for Grigsby).
-
Bombers release RB Will Ford
It looked to me like Ford was still playing (albeit sparingly) in the 4th quarter. At one point Messam needed a break & I'm pretty sure Ford came on for him.
-
Folklorama
There are lots of "duplicate" pavilions this year so if you miss one in the 1st week, there's a good chance that there is a very similar one the next week. Here's the list of cultures/countries that have more than one group putting on a pavilion: Africa/Caribbean (week 1) or two pavilions in week 2 (one just for Africa & a separate Caribbean one). Brazilian (week 1) or Alo! Brasil (week 2) Casa Do Minho Portugese (week 1) or Pavilion of Portugal (week 2) Ireland-Irish (week 1) or Celtic Ireland (week 2) Nayong Pilipino (week 1) or Pearl of the Orient Phillipine Pavilion (week 2) Serbian "Beograd" (week 1) or Serbian "Kolo" (week 2) Ukranian-Kyiv (week 1) or Spirit of Ukraine (week 2)
- Lock of the week 7
-
GDT: Winnipeg @ Hamilton
When is the rumble? Stay Blue & Gold Pony Boy... Stay Blue & Gold
-
Lock of the Week 6 (Results of 5)
Will Ford
-
The Restaurant thread
Harveys has been open at Portage/Langside for quite some time. Really good and quality management - say hello to Prince if you go. Harveys also opening at old Chicken Delight location on Corydon/Stafford with a hybrid Harveys/Swiss Chalet duet. Construction seems to proceeding well - I suspect it will open no later than September 1st, perhaps a bit earlier. Just an update to confirm that is a Harveys/Swiss Chalet at the old Chicken Delight spot at Corydon & Stafford. Drove by last week & saw that it is now open for business.
-
Game day GIF THREAD WOOP WOOP!
The victory celebration is well under way...
-
Bombers vs Lions: GDT (For Adults)
I laughed way too hard at this.... only cuz I was thinking the same thing I purposely avoided opening this thread at work... for the same reason!
-
Lock of the Week 5 (results for week 4)
Andrew Harris
-
Arland Bruce sues CFL over concussions
And maybe Logan's on welfare & lives in his parents basement. BTW, you have any idea how hard it is to get to the NCAA & the NFL even if he didn't make it? First, the competition coming out of high school, then to get recruited, to play well enough for 4 years to get drafted? The amount of work in the weight room & speed as well as conditioning year round? Being lazy has nothing to do with it. I don't think you have any clue. Logan can call Bruce a lot of things but being a typical lazy American? Nah. I have family in the US. One is in the Coast Guard in Oregon. Another is a civil engineer with the US Army Corps of Engineers. They're highly motivated over achievers. So,I take exception to the wide brush comment. Interesting that you jump all over this generalization when less than a month ago...
-
Why people hate cable and internet companies
Back on topic, I haven't had any issued with Shaw's costumer service any time I've had to deal with them. Rogers has been a bit less helpful but nothing to write about. I had MTS years ago before moving into my current home & had way more hassles with them than I've ever had with Shaw. Now my biggest beef with them now is their TV set-up. Their current set-up leaves gaps in where you can get TV service from them in the city. I live in one of these gaps so I can't get their TV (I can get phone & internet) but my neighbour directly across the street can? It was pretty funny a couple years ago when they would spam my mailbox with flyers bragging about their new HD services when I can't even sign up for their non-HD stuff. I'm happy with Shaw (there could definitely be improvements) and even if I could switch to MTS, I'm not sure that I would.... but I'd at least like the option!
-
Why people hate cable and internet companies
Consider the source.
-
Lock of the Week 3 Results (Week 4 Entries)
Check the injury reports. I was going to say something... but then I realized I'd be helping a Rider fan!
-
Lock of the Week 3 Results (Week 4 Entries)
Jeff Fuller
-
Should The CFL Impose Cap Limits On Amount Of Flags Officials Can Throw?
A few years ago officials made between $550-850 per game. Bud Steen said the most he ever made in a season was 15k.
-
T.O. Versus Calgary/BC vs Riders
I don't know if he gets cut but he's gotta be conjuring up some memories of Kamau & Adarius Bowman for Glenn!
-
LeBron James is going home
As long as he gets them championships. If he doesn't win in Cleveland, then they might look at those championships he won in Miami and think those should/could have been theirs if he had stayed there in the 1st place.
-
GDT: Winnipeg @ Montréal
I think you're exaggerating just a touch there Mike. I mean...come on. It's obviously going to be 840 - 3 because that's 1 touchdown every 30 seconds. You must be forgetting that Bryant Turner is back in the line-up tonight.
-
The Restaurant thread
Agreed. I haven't been to any of those 3 places in years ( I don't actually know anyone who has either) so I'm amazed they are still open - Foody Goody more than Royal Fork or Cathay House. The number of health violations Foody Goody & Cathay House have been hit with over the years is staggering, you could not pay to eat there. Mongos is fantastic... my only complaint is the layout (at both Regent & Kenaston). If you go at a peak time, the line can snake around the food bars right to the front doors. That's what happened the last time I went, we couldn't tell which line was for food and which line was just people waiting to be seated. I guess that's a good problem for them to have since it means they are doing a lot of business, but it also means a loss of business (we went elsewhere because we didn't want to wait in those kinds of lines).