Ehlers scores OT winner in game seven against Shawinigan

Meanwhile Brendan Lemieux played in his first playoff game of the year and got an assist in the Colts win over North Bay, while here in Kelowna Josh Morrissey played his first game in six weeks tonight and got three assists as the Rockets pummelled Victoria 5-0. He's going to be a good one.

Defenceman Josh Morrissey, who was playing his first game in six weeks due to a leg injury, made an auspicious return to the Rockets lineup registering three assists.

"It took me a little bit to get into it, but the game hadn't changed in six weeks, so I just tried to play simple and I thought our team played a great game," Morrissey said. "When the team does that, it's just easy to play my game, play simple and fit right in."

http://www.kelownacapnews.com/sports/rockets/news/299435581.html

Jets must keep him and plan for it. So ridiculous that he can't play in the A. I understand the reasoning but for special players it risks hurting their development. The jets will either have to keep him and "rush" him to the NHL or send to junior which is ludicrous. Need an exception rule.

Honestly I don't think there is anything for him in the AHL. He is ready for the show, he will be a Jet next year. No rush required.

Jets must keep him and plan for it. So ridiculous that he can't play in the A. I understand the reasoning but for special players it risks hurting their development. The jets will either have to keep him and "rush" him to the NHL or send to junior which is ludicrous. Need an exception rule.

What is the reasoning behind the no-AHL play?

What is the reasoning behind the no-AHL play?

He has one more year of eligibility in Juniors.  So the agreement between the leagues is that if the Jets don't want him on the pro roster, he has to go back to Juniors rather then the AHL minor league team.

The argument from the junior teams is that they invest in scouting, drafting and development for their junior programs and if the player isn't going to be in the NHL, they want the payoff of having the player they developed on their roster.

And I totally agree with not screwing junior teams.  But there are, from time to time, exceptional players that get no better from Junior play but need time playing against full grown professional men to improve.  There should be some sort of compensation given to allow a team to end a player's junior eligibility early.

Well hopefully. But it's possible he needs some seasoning in the pro ranks. Jets have to find a spot for him. I would assume if Stafford is retained he'd switch back to his natural RW position and that opens a spot on the LW for Ehlers.

I don't think the coach wants to break up that line of him and Scheif and Wheeler.

Well hopefully. But it's possible he needs some seasoning in the pro ranks. Jets have to find a spot for him. I would assume if Stafford is retained he'd switch back to his natural RW position and that opens a spot on the LW for Ehlers.

I don't think the coach wants to break up that line of him and Scheif and Wheeler.

Maybe but then who is 1RW?  Because if they pencil Frolik in there permanently, then Frolik is right to ask for more money.  I doubt Ehlers plays here next season as a 4LW.  If he can play either side that would help.  The X factor might be Burmi.  If Frolik demands big dollars, Burmi could be an option at 3RW a lot cheaper than Frolik,.

You totally have a Burmistrov jersey don't you...

Perrault had chemistry with Scheifele and Wheeler too

Moving Stafford to third line with Ehlers and Lowry makes the most sense, two guys with size should make some room for Ehlers

Maybe but then who is 1RW?  Because if they pencil Frolik in there permanently, then Frolik is right to ask for more money.  I doubt Ehlers plays here next season as a 4LW.  If he can play either side that would help.  The X factor might be Burmi.  If Frolik demands big dollars, Burmi could be an option at 3RW a lot cheaper than Frolik,.

I don't think they want to bring up any prospects to play on the fourth line. They need more ice than that.

Josh Morrissey had five points last night as Kelowna easily dispatched Victoria in five games.  On to the third round!

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-137888-51-.htm#137888

Bruce Hamilton envisioned nights like this when he made the bold move to acquire both defenceman Josh Morrissey and forward Leon Draisaitl prior to the WHL trade deadline.

Both are studs, difference makers and both delivered when the Rockets needed it most combining for three goals and five assists as the Kelowna Rockets eliminated Victoria 7-3 Friday at Prospera Place.

The Rockets took the best-of-seven second round series 4-1.

Returning to the line-up after missing the better part of three games with an apparent lower body injury Morrissey played like a man possessed scoring twice and adding three assists.