Everything posted by bigg jay
-
Bombers add DL Greg Hickman to PR
The analysis GB posted did say this guy could line up at fullback so maybe he's not here to play on the D-line!
-
Durant to miss remainder of season
You driven around The 'Peg lately? Roads are bad all over the country. A lot of it is simply to do with weather. Go to North Dakota or Minnesota, where they get the same weather, and see how nice their roads are compared to ours.
-
Durant to miss remainder of season
The province also contributes to the city's infrastructure. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Province-unveils-five-year-infrastructure-plan-248580601.html
-
Durant to miss remainder of season
And some of it is legitimate. For example, the big cities carry most of the political clout. There are 'paved' roads in rural MB. that wash out right down to the gravel, and don't get fixed for half a year. Rural people 'put up and shut up' more than many realize. I can show you city streets where this happens... it is not strictly a rural problem.
-
Bulletin board material from Harris
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/football/bc-lions/Ullrich+Harris+sets+high+target+rushing+attack/10196379/story.html Everyone knows our D-line is beat up & our run defense is suspect (at best) but is it a smart move for Harris to talk like this?
-
CFL Fines of the Week!
Woldu deserved the fine. The official was positioned correctly and Woldu could have avoided him. Please. That is the very definition of a stretch. It wasn't like he steam-rolled the ref. He basically brushed into him. Haha actually maybe you should watch the replay again... I don't think he deserved a fine, but he absolutely steam-rolled the ref... I was ok with Morley getting ejected in that game... I don't actually know what happened but he's not the kind of guy to just lose it for no reason... I assume he was sticking up for a teammate, which I'm ok with... the o-linemen gotta be the enforcers... Who came in at center once he left? I was too drunk to tell at that point. Hinse
-
WFP Article targeting O'Shea
There's a couple media guys that are... and unfortunately they are the ones that get talked about more. We have a couple good ones too though.
-
Ferguson
CNN is reporting that there are other witnesses and they have cell phone video of their reactions immediately after Brown was shot. http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/10/us/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-witnesses/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
-
Top 10 CIS prospects for 2015 CFL draft
Brohm will be a 4th rounder based on where we are in the season (was a 2-4 round pick based on games started). And yes I stated Portis was a conditional pick. I'm aware. I was clarifying for everyone else. Don't worry, we all know you said it first. Thanks for clarifying my message that was already clear. Not to interupt your pissing match or anything, but your original post was not clear that they were both conditional picks. You said we traded a 4th round pick, not a conditional pick which will turn out to be a 4th rounder.
-
Injury updates
Ouch... with Thaddeus Gibson still not in town, it looks like it might be Booker in there for Vega. Kuale at DE ? crickets... Okay, I'll say it. I don't hate the idea. He might be better suited there. Or at least open up a spot in the middle for someone who is better suited. And it's not like we've gotten any pressure from the outside line lately, so even if he does nothing, it's not a downgrade. I'll go hide under my desk now. If it lead to him getting more dumb penalties (roughing the passer comes to mind), then it would be a downgrade.
-
Injury updates
I like bauming but... that seems to be the key words there Ed Tait @WFPEdTait #Bombers new DE Willie Mosleley just went down in a heap. Walking off now; looked like knee #bn Paul Friesen @friesensunmedia #Bombers DL Willie Moseley down with what looks like a knee injury.
-
Injury updates
Ouch... with Thaddeus Gibson still not in town, it looks like it might be Booker in there for Vega.
-
Ameet Pall
Pall has been added to our PR along with Shea Pierre.
-
Fly to Edmonton with the Bombers
Yeah, agreed. I just posted it cause it looked neat. But I'd want to be there for longer then a day. I could do a one week all inclusive to Cuba (including flight, hotel, drinks and food) for less than that. You're either exaggerating or picking a shitty resort. If you go when it's not peak season (travel in Oct-Dec) , you can definitely get those kinds of prices at decent resorts in Cuba.
-
Fly to Edmonton with the Bombers
BC does the same thing (they call it Operation Orange) but it's even more expensive - $1599 + tax to go to Ottawa or $1099 + tax to go to Calgary. The only difference I can see is that the Lions throw in a custom jersey while the Bombers give you some sort of souvenir.
-
Where are the Riders staying?
Should we take up a collection to bail Dirty30 out? Nah, he clearly didn't do a good enough job so let him sit in there for a bit!
-
Bombers add DL's Moseley and Booker
Was Booker practising the axe kick already?
-
Suber traded to Toronto
I'm happy that Suber is going to get a chance to play, he deserves it. He is a class act on & off the field. It's a double bonus for him in that he's going to a team that is more than likely going to be playing in the Eastern Final.
-
Josh Gordon in the CFL?
Ray Rice is suspended for the 1st 2 games of the season
-
Jim Bell out as Bombers COO
Was Miller EVER really liked by fans? And I don't count the people that call into the post-game show. His best moment as a player was stepping in front of Asper when that idiot went on his hissy fit. But now, he's back on the board. Which makes me shiver.............. What does Miller the football player have to do with Miller the team president? Does being an unpopular player means he can't be a good executive? If Milt were running the show, instead of Miller, and doing a piss poor job of it, would you cut him slack because you like the way he played? I was never a fan of Miller when he played, but I do like a lot of what he's done to turn the team around since he took over.
-
Chiefs release Weston Dressler(Updated: Now signed by Riders)
Who is claiming to be better? The reality is that former Riders in Saskatchewan are treated to an especially high standard of living. That doesn't mean that Rider fans are superior just currently more obsessed (overall) with their team. FYP
- Lock of the Week 9
-
Do you wear your Bomber gear to work on game day?
Our dress code won't allow it but an exception is usually made on the Friday before the Grey Cup (if we are playing anyway). I just wear a blue shirt on game day.
-
Bomber property in the NFL
Mulumba is also now eligible for the practice roster.http://www.totalpackers.com/2014/08/20/several-packers-now-eligible-practice-squad/
-
Bomber property in the NFL
Don't expect to see Bilukidi here this season. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/8/20/6047525/new-practice-squad-rules-work-out-favorably-bengals