Pens For Sale?

Now why in the world would Mario want to part with the Penguins? especially since they do have a fan base and good fan attendance, and that they have made the playoffs for several consecutive years

Hopefully they will not go to Vegas, because the Penguins deserve better

the only choices are Seattle, Hartford, QC and Toronto :lol:

maybe we should buy them! kidding we have a perfectly or rather good enough team here in Winnipeg, and as much as I would like to see Crosby or Malkin wearing a Jets logo it should probably go to a local buyer or the relocation choices

The Pens were almost moved once when Lemieux helped bail them out and became a part owner.

Maybe Lemieux wants to sell high.  Crosby and Malkin aren't getting younger.  They haven't been drafting well.  Maybe he is worried about support for the team if they start to do poorly in the standings again.

A good friend of mine is a diehard penguins fan and he says lemieux and burkle have been butting heads for a while. He said it goes back to at least last May when they fired Ray shero. Mario wanted to keep him but burkle flexed his muscle as majority owner.

Whether or not thats the reason, who knows but it could play a part in this.

well that's what happens when a team makes the playoffs for several consecutive years in a row, they get low draft picks, the jets aren't that high in the draft lottery this year either, but they get to pick twice in round one (I think)

I wonder if Duressler knows about this yet?

Just Mario wants to sell his share. Why? He wants more money probably

I don't think he put much into it in the first place. Probably make 10x back.

Lawless / Dreger said that he had around 30 million into the team.   

If I recall, Mario didnt put any "cash" in the team.  The Pens owed him money and asked to defer it.  He agreed and then the Pens went bankrupt.  As a large creditor, Mario was able to get stock instead of cash or he'd likely never get his money. 

According to the article, there have been restructurings that have allowed both owners to get their investments out several times while the value of the team continues to grow (over $500 million).  It might just be they are selling high.  Mario just built a palace in Montreal also.  Maybe he wants to get out of the grind.  That's generational money and will ensure his kid, grandkids, great grandkids and so on down the line are rich.

This Just in: My twitter feed reports that Malkin is open to a trade, but it also says it's a report, now who should we trade in order to get him? I am willing to part with Stuart and maybe Burmistrov everyone else no not really, oh wait Galliardi.

well that's what happens when a team makes the playoffs for several consecutive years in a row, they get low draft picks, the jets aren't that high in the draft lottery this year either, but they get to pick twice in round one (I think)

I wonder if Duressler knows about this yet?

Just found out from this thread. Pretty surprising to hear, especially given his friendship with Crosby. Just like the others say, it's probably to do with money. I have a feeling though that they won't be relocating the team. If I'm wrong though, I'll certainly follow wherever they go.

No need for Malkin. Would have to gut our team for him. If it's 5 years ago sure but not now. Costs way too much to get him. Jets aren't one of the teams who would gut their roster for him. Hypothetical tho Ladd buff Burmi plus little. No way I move any of our younger guys who we have drafted and or developed