Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Atomic

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Atomic

  1. Kohlert?? He is a lock. I will be shocked if he gets cut. Shocked I say.
  2. Atomic replied to Rich's topic in General Discussion
    I'm just happy to see Bob Backlund again
  3. Seems more like a columnist's musing more than a rumour based on any sources.
  4. I don't think there's any chance Bastien beats Richards, but the question is whether Richards will be healthy enough to play.
  5. The Sharks just have so much scoring depth. They also have competent defence and goaltending. I suppose you could say that about all 4 remaining teams but there is just something about having young guys like Couture and Pavelski leading the charge while letting Marleau and Thornton support them.... It seems like a winning combination.
  6. Sharks beat the Blues in 6, then beat the Lightning in 7. Shaaaaark
  7. "Jesse started the trend of long hair in football"
  8. That seems awfully optimistic. Why wouldn't he try the NFL? If he makes it there, the money is huge. If he gets cut, the CFL will be waiting with a huge paycheque anyways. It's win-win.
  9. Realistically unless there is an injury, Rush and Gauthier will both probably be on the practice roster to start the season.
  10. The blue top with the gold pant is fabulous
  11. Well not everyone can make the team. If all the draft picks sign, we'll have 34 Canadians on the roster. I think it's safe to say that most of the draft picks won't be a factor this season, whether that means they get cut, go back to school, or sit on the practice roster. Corney and Couture will make it but if they want Loffler on the roster then that probably means one of our vet Canadian DBs has gotta go. If we decide against starting a Canadian defensive back, I wonder if they would cut Bucknor outright. Or would they give up on Brendan Morgan or Derek Jones? Could be some interesting decisions by the end of training camp. Lots of competition at linebacker too. I can't see Rush and Gauthier both making the team...
  12. "Dude needs a life" *has 7600 posts* //irony
  13. Dolan Dunigan did keep playing. He was a backup DE, didn't see much action. But it is an FBS school and he's got the Dunigan name, so maybe someone uses a late pick on him.
  14. Atomic replied to Rich's topic in General Discussion
    Samoa Joe is awful. I sincerely do not get the appeal. I'd rather watch grass grow than see him wrestle.
  15. I get the concerns with Guy but whats wrong with Brescacin and Horton?
  16. Riders trade down. Vaillancourt goes first overall. Bombers pick: Dillon Guy, Juwan Brescacin, Quinn Horton, Arjen Colquhoun, Alex McKay, Donald Tabor, Kevin Jackson, Donnie Egerter. Four Bisons get drafted. Onyemata in the fifth round to the Stamps. DJ Lalama to the Riders, Alex McKay to the Bombers, Alex Vitt to the Eskimos. 6 OL go in the first round, plus Corney and Singleton. Edmonton goes way off the board with their second round pick.
  17. Any of the top 3 this year look like they will come in and make an immediate impact. Having already played against pros will only help. I'd expect a much better first year out of Laine than Ehlers. He looks a lot more ready than Ehlers did. I don't think a 50-60 point season with 20+ goals is out of the question. Anything less would be disappointing, barring injury. Is that a high expectation? Yeah, of course it is. That's what happens when you have a top pick. That's why everyone celebrated when we won the draft lottery. Because everyone expects an immediate impact and that's not unreasonable.
  18. Atomic replied to Rich's topic in General Discussion
    Ax and Smash were great! I remember people didn't like when they added Crush but I thought he was good too. Remember Crush?
  19. Who plays right wing in the top six if not Stafford? Wheeler of course, then who? Take Laine off of LW where he has had so much success? Break up Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler? Switch Connor to RW? We have no depth on the right side right now. Stafford has a spot on the team this year, for sure. If not in the top six then surely the top 9. Maybe I'm crazy but I'm more concerned about winning now than "developing Armia." If Armia can score 20, great. If not, keep him out of our top 9 please.
  20. Atomic replied to Rich's topic in General Discussion
    People age. That's just the way it is. You may want him to fade into obscurity so you can rememeber him as the young stud, but if he wants to stay in the game, I respect that.
  21. The bolded part is unsubstantiated. What exactly does that mean? Zero tickets have been sold? The season hasn't even started yet. Let's check in after the season and see where it compares to last season. That article was written by a gentleman with an agenda, he doesn't like how Hervey treats the media and he's intent on proving himself right.
  22. Of course what this doesn't take into account is the boost in revenues the next season(s) from being a winner. I imagine season ticket sales would go up. In a city like Winnipeg the after effects could be substantial, dwarfing the 2-3 million dollar "cost" of winning the Grey Cup.
  23. Hall is still one of the top wingers in the game. I could see them moving Eberle or RNH but not Hall. That would be a huge blunder.
  24. That's the only thing that worries me. In 2014 he flipped off his coach and told him he was going to kill him. But by most accounts he has gotten over that...
  25. Atomic replied to Rich's topic in General Discussion
    I don't see him as a joke. No one is forcing him to stay involved and at this point a manager role is really all he could do... I gasped when Natalya slammed him down for the sharpshooter because I thought he was gonna break in half. Really disappointed to see Sandow go. Hope he resurfaces somewhere. Probably Japan.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.