Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sweep the leg

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sweep the leg

  1. I hope so. DI a dlineman and we could bring in Smith every time we rotate Lawson out.
  2. I haven’t seen him in practice, so I’ll take your word for it on his potential at lb. His processing looked more than just a step behind to me.
  3. Connor Shay didn’t impress me. He didn’t accomplish much on any of his blitzes. Hooper and Pace got manhandled by the Riders 3rd string ol. Stuart was another guy who stood out as not good enough to be here. On the plus side Jaylen Smith looked good. Athletic and aggressive. Singer looks like a keeper. Jenkins looks like a starter. I think Perkins can be a decent backup.
  4. The Rider colour guy is terrible at his job. Does @DTonOB give the names of players on the visiting team that make plays? The Rider pbp guy almost never did.
  5. He looked awkward in the footwork drills I watched.
  6. Janarion Grant showing why he’s not an every down receiver. Looked scared to get hit and dropped the pass.
  7. There’s a person on twitter who appears to be Terry Wilson’s mom responding to every tweet about his situation. She makes it pretty clear he knew he wasn’t getting the backup job.
  8. Yes. I’d also put him at 2.
  9. Davis Alexander is already hurt again.
  10. It’s possible there’s some family/personal issue that will make us look like jerks for calling him a quitter, but you have to think the team would have stated that in the press release if that’s the case.
  11. Terry Wilson dtd with hurt feelings after the depth chart was released? Hodge says he left the team.
  12. How high do you think Nield is being rated? What’s been said to make you think that?
  13. He’s still in Winnipeg. I think he still coaches the Selects football program.
  14. Jordan Herdman-Reed and Thiadric Hansen both cut in TO. I don’t think we need either one of them, but interesting. They also cut Spencer Brown, who started a bunch of games for them. Got off to a great start, but faded badly after that.
  15. From Ed Tait: The @Wpg_BlueBombers release: DBs Michael Dixon, Jordan Taylor, Alijah McGhee, DL Eric Black, LB Aaron Smith, receiver Jahmal Banks, OL Joe More, Tariq Stewart. Slightly surprised by McGhee, who had been working with the starters and whom I wrote about - oops -- yesterday. Smith and Banks don’t surprise me. Smith got bullied in the drills I saw and Banks might be big and strong but was a poor route runner. He looked stiff.
  16. Britton seems like appropriate self awareness. From what I saw he probably didn’t belong in a CFL training camp.
  17. I was impressed today. He looks small though, could probably mix in with the dbs and not be noticed.
  18. Forgot to mention we almost lost Banks today. He crashed into the uprights full speed after running a post route. The noise it made echoed in the stadium. Thankfully he was fine.
  19. some thoughts, with the usual caveats about limited reps, one day, etc Penner from the Rifles fits in during skelly, rec drills, etc. the problem today was they did a tonne of sts blocking drills and he’s younger and smaller than everybody else and got bullied. He had one rep against Banks that was hard to watch. Speaking of Banks, he looked great blocking but just ok as a receiver. Both American rbs looked good. Both had some nice runs, and Arnold took a swing pass for 30ish yards in full scrimmage. Payton Thorne looked really bad. Held onto the ball for a long time and threw a few picks in skelly. Perkins turned the wrong way for a handoff twice on three plays. I can’t say for sure it was his fault, but the coach spoke to him after each one and the following play he’d turn the other way. I wasn’t very impressed by him either. Poncius and especially Elsbury looked really good on the ol. Elsbury won every rep I saw. Only time I saw Poncius get beat was when he picked up the wrong guy in 2 v2s. On the dl I didn’t see Dixon win a single rep. I thought KMB looked great. He’s small, but always gave the ol trouble. Saw two Dante Daniels reps blocking. He got run over by KMB on one, then buried Aaron Smith on the next one. No 1v1s today for recs, so that sucked. Singer ran a nice corner/post route in skelly, but the qb (Thorne iirc) threw it late and it got knocked out of his hands. Otherwise didn’t really notice any recs standout.
  20. I’m at camp today. First observation is DeShaan Dixon has the shortest shorts I’ve ever seen on a football player.
  21. He’s only 21 so he’s a few years away. He had multiple USport programs chasing him this offseason, but turned them down so he could attend Bombers camp.
  22. I expect the rec from the Rifles to look as good or better than any other rookie Cdn rec out there. He’s small, but he has the talent to play the CFL in the next few years.
  23. JJ Taylor and Ben Dooley added to the retirement list. Not surprised at all about Taylor. I had high hopes for Dooley though. https://www.bluebombers.com/2026/04/30/blue-bombers-transactions-april-30/?fbclid=IwdGRjcARggtlleHRuA2FlbQIxMQBzcnRjBmFwcF9pZAo2NjI4NTY4Mzc5AAEebRu7ZKAn2X_j4OYvN8zIlkqIhJEj7_66U_gcCHXrSVo5qWlsAnptUWdhCcU_aem_1hoSqgqt2Jjq6aHBKeyBHg
  24. Have to think they to plan to use this guy on running downs rather than bringing in the 6th ol like we did with Eli last year. I’m all for it if he can actually chip in with the odd catch.
  25. Despite his shockingly bad test numbers, he was a reasonably productive rec in the US. Maybe there’s something there.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.