Everything posted by Mr. Perfect
-
Trestman's NFL time ending it looks like
Cutler is a coach killer. It happened with Shanahan, it happened with Smith and it's happening again. Damn shame he's taking down a coach like Trestman. The fact that Chicago extended his contract in the off-season speaks to the idiocy of the G.M. The current situation is not reflective of Trestman, but that being said he's likely going to be fired.
-
Als @ TiCats / Riders @ Eskis - The Final Showdown
Because those QB's have no business playing professional football. It's like comparing a solid turd to diarrhea. Both stink, but one is worse than the other.
-
Game 15 : Jets @ Senators
Aside from Hughson and Romaniuk, the play by play crew that Rogers has assembled is very weak.
-
Als @ TiCats / Riders @ Eskis - The Final Showdown
So 4 for 10 and 22 yards is what exactly? One is a rare occurrence, the other is a trend. Not surprised that would be too much for you to grasp, nevermind the face that, that statline is one half of football.
-
Pavs
Great job by Pavs tonight. 37 saves on 38 shots.
-
Als @ TiCats / Riders @ Eskis - The Final Showdown
Another sub 60 per cent completion percentage effort from Crompton today, and his second 50 per cent or under performance. Quite the juggernaut this guy is...11/23 for 160 yards. Fascinating.
-
Bisons comeback against Huskies
Did anyone else watch the game? You missed a great one if you didn't. The Bisons were down 37-18 in the second half but made some amazing plays on special teams and defence to claw their way back. It looked like Saskatchewan was going to take the lead late in the fourth quarter but an interception at our own five by Jordan Linnen was taken all the way back to the 10 yard line. On second and long the Bisons called a reverse option pass where Demski threw a touchdown to seal the deal.
-
Which Coaches Do You Want Back?
Throw to Duran Carter, hope no one else screws up. Very vanilla offence.
-
Which Coaches Do You Want Back?
Him and O'Shea are friends. Wouldn't surprise me if O'Shea has already discussed this with him.I could see Montreal firing Higgins and hiring Milanovich to be the head coach there, or if he's going to settle for being an offensive coordinator why isn't he going to work for his BFF in the whole wide world Chris Jones? He may be friends with O'Shea but he's got more and stronger ties to other places if you ask me. Guy like that won't have to settle for whoever comes calling, teams will make room for a guy like that. Word leaked out earlier this week that Higgins will be back with the Als next season. and you think that matters if there's an improvement comes free this offseason? Considering the large majority of the Als games were against Eastern teams in the second half, and two of the West teams they faced didn't have their starting QB (and Calgary was also without Cornish) I'd hardly call their turnaround impressive. If there's a better coach that comes available, Popp would be a fool not to go after them.
-
Tom Higgins to return as Als head coach in 2015
No Jon Cornish for half the year, Bo Levi misses a handful of games, Mo Price missed significant time, team still wins 14 games...John Hufnagel says hello.
-
Section S and the beer snake returns!
Kirk Penton @PentonKirk 1h1 hour ago Beer snakes will be allowed to slither in Sections 140 and 141, which will be the reborn "Section S" area. #Bombers
-
Mike O'Shea Now Has More Wins In His 1st Season Than Ritchie Did In His
IMO, the '06 team was one of our most underrated teams. If we don't give away the East semi to Toronto in the second half, I wouldn't be surprised if we were to take down Montreal considering how they played the second half of the year. Started 7-0, ended at 10-8.
-
Draft Position
That would depend on whether there is a team that is really hot and bothered for a certain player that they don't expect to last until their pick. Best case scenario would be to look at what the return was when BC and the Bombers were trying to trade up to get Westerman. For sure. If there's an offer that makes it worth it, and a player that you like at whatever spot you'd slide down for then do it. Make X team work for it if something presents itself.
-
Draft Position
If the draft is indeed as deep as Walters has indicated, I'd be curious (not saying we should necessarily do it) on what the potential returns would be if we were to trade down from two or three, assuming we could still land a solid starting Canadian.
-
Draft Position
I was under the impression we were without a second round pick this year - Can anyone confirm either way?
-
Draft Position
I'm not sure there's much of a point to be honest unless there's a guy that Walters and the scouts fall in love with. He's said a number of times this is a very deep draft, so why force something for two picks when there really is no reason to?
-
Draft Position
At one though? Maybe if they trade down.
-
Drew Willy to start season finale
Couldn't have said it any better. Bang on.
-
Drew Willy to start season finale
You think Rich as the site owner disrespects this community? His mantra is a giant middle finger to the community that visits this place? And the rest of the guys who volunteer their time to this place? You should be embarrassed for even suggesting such a thing. Do you know what Rich gets out of fronting the money for this place? How much of the revenue he takes for himself in exchange for the late nights when he has to do site updates or for the money that he puts up to pay for server fees, etc? Not a single dime. It all goes to you guys. The shirts we made, the contests we run, the season tickets we donated to charity on behalf of all of our members here. All of it is for our members, not for the people who own and operate this site. There's ONE guy on our moderation team that pushes the envelope. Me. You want to suggest I'm a bad site administrator? Go right ahead. While you're at it, maybe find me some examples of how I've used my admin privileges in an abusive fashion because there's a difference between "mod abuse" and you just not liking my attitude sometimes. But it has nothing to do with the entire team that works on this place and I find it quite unbelievable that you would even suggest it does. Wrong - Mr. P. Just look at my tough love thread and how he treated me. Look at my post about Jonathon Crompton and how he called me 'stupid' for saying what I said because he won one game. Aww muffin.... What I said, for the umpteenth time was that it was a stupid post. I dare you to look through my comments and find specifically where I said you, yourself, were stupid. Go for it. I'll be here waiting. and you tell me how it was stupid? I just watched the guy here for a year, made a comment to the community about what I observed. I had no idea he'd be so successful but it wasn't a stupid post after all now was it? I love how you change the subject instead of responding to my post directly. You proved my point. Thank you. As for Crompton himself, look at Montreal's schedule the latter half of the season. After the game they lost to us in late August, seven of their final ten games have been against East division teams. Do you remember how bad the records were in the east at the end of August? The division was (and still is a joke). On top of that, the three west teams they played in the second half, two of those teams were without their starting quarterbacks (and Calgary was without Cornish as well) and as you know, or as I would hope you know, the more two and outs the opposing offence has, the more chances you yourself will have on offence. Furthermore, in the second half of the season so far, out of the nine games they've played (game 10 as I referred to earlier comes this weekend), Crompton has been under 60 per cent passing (considered to be the bare minimum when it comes to completion percentage) in five out of those nine contests. With the competition he's had to face, that's the definition of a joke right there. You want to know why Montreal has done so well in the second half of the season - Look at their defensive statistics. Their fourth in total defence, fourth against the pass, and fifth against the run. Pretty much near the middle of the pack in every defensive statistic which is indicative of their record. Montreal is a team that if they had a legitimate quarterback would actually be a pretty decent team. For all the crap they went through in the first half of the year (which Crompton was a part of after Smith was benched) they've turned it around nicely with Jeff Garcia in to help Ryan Dinwiddie with his play calling. They are managing the game offensively to play to Crompton's limited strengths. Crompton on the year has a completion percentage of under 60 per cent, and has only 10 touchdown passes in nine games he's started to far. I'm sorry, but those are not in any way, shape, or form good numbers. Yes Montreal is winning, but you can look to their defence, and a very simplified offensive gameplan as the reason why. If you don't believe Crompton is working with a simplified offensive game plan, look at his first games at quarterback - He had four interceptions in his first two games, then he was finally reeled in by the offensive staff. They are doing the best they can with that they have to work with - Which under centre is not very much. Montreal will be very aggressive in going after a quarterback this offseason, and they'll do it because Crompton is not a starting calibre quarterback. Lastly, again, I dare you to find where I specifically said you personally were stupid. I stand by post of saying your comments on Crompton was a stupid post. If you're unable to decipher to difference between the two, frankly that's not my problem. I have better things to do with my time than to pat you on the back and say "there, there". I wonder if Montreal goes after Brohm this offseason? I wouldn't be surprised if they kick the tires. Other QB's know what the deal is around the league - Montreal will be in the market for a QB, Ottawa will likely be as well considering Burris' age. They have DeMarco but he's still a relative unknown. Drew Tate will be in demand as well. I think Tate would be a fantastic fit in Montreal.
-
Sack Article
My biggest issue with Etch is that the running back in most cases can see the gap pre-snap. There's no disguise or movement to it after the snap to create confusion for the running back. As much as I dislike Suitor as a colour commentator, he pointed out that for example, that on the Riders final drive on Labour day, the running back was staring at the gap pre snap and ran right to it with little to no effort. The scheme just simply doesn't work. Yes it has it's good points, but overall it is a fundamentally flawed scheme.
-
Drew Willy to start season finale
You think Rich as the site owner disrespects this community? His mantra is a giant middle finger to the community that visits this place? And the rest of the guys who volunteer their time to this place? You should be embarrassed for even suggesting such a thing. Do you know what Rich gets out of fronting the money for this place? How much of the revenue he takes for himself in exchange for the late nights when he has to do site updates or for the money that he puts up to pay for server fees, etc? Not a single dime. It all goes to you guys. The shirts we made, the contests we run, the season tickets we donated to charity on behalf of all of our members here. All of it is for our members, not for the people who own and operate this site. There's ONE guy on our moderation team that pushes the envelope. Me. You want to suggest I'm a bad site administrator? Go right ahead. While you're at it, maybe find me some examples of how I've used my admin privileges in an abusive fashion because there's a difference between "mod abuse" and you just not liking my attitude sometimes. But it has nothing to do with the entire team that works on this place and I find it quite unbelievable that you would even suggest it does. Wrong - Mr. P. Just look at my tough love thread and how he treated me. Look at my post about Jonathon Crompton and how he called me 'stupid' for saying what I said because he won one game. Aww muffin.... What I said, for the umpteenth time was that it was a stupid post. I dare you to look through my comments and find specifically where I said you, yourself, were stupid. Go for it. I'll be here waiting. and you tell me how it was stupid? I just watched the guy here for a year, made a comment to the community about what I observed. I had no idea he'd be so successful but it wasn't a stupid post after all now was it? I love how you change the subject instead of responding to my post directly. You proved my point. Thank you. As for Crompton himself, look at Montreal's schedule the latter half of the season. After the game they lost to us in late August, seven of their final ten games have been against East division teams. Do you remember how bad the records were in the east at the end of August? The division was (and still is a joke). On top of that, the three west teams they played in the second half, two of those teams were without their starting quarterbacks (and Calgary was without Cornish as well) and as you know, or as I would hope you know, the more two and outs the opposing offence has, the more chances you yourself will have on offence. Furthermore, in the second half of the season so far, out of the nine games they've played (game 10 as I referred to earlier comes this weekend), Crompton has been under 60 per cent passing (considered to be the bare minimum when it comes to completion percentage) in five out of those nine contests. With the competition he's had to face, that's the definition of a joke right there. You want to know why Montreal has done so well in the second half of the season - Look at their defensive statistics. Their fourth in total defence, fourth against the pass, and fifth against the run. Pretty much near the middle of the pack in every defensive statistic which is indicative of their record. Montreal is a team that if they had a legitimate quarterback would actually be a pretty decent team. For all the crap they went through in the first half of the year (which Crompton was a part of after Smith was benched) they've turned it around nicely with Jeff Garcia in to help Ryan Dinwiddie with his play calling. They are managing the game offensively to play to Crompton's limited strengths. Crompton on the year has a completion percentage of under 60 per cent, and has only 10 touchdown passes in nine games he's started to far. I'm sorry, but those are not in any way, shape, or form good numbers. Yes Montreal is winning, but you can look to their defence, and a very simplified offensive gameplan as the reason why. If you don't believe Crompton is working with a simplified offensive game plan, look at his first games at quarterback - He had four interceptions in his first two games, then he was finally reeled in by the offensive staff. They are doing the best they can with that they have to work with - Which under centre is not very much. Montreal will be very aggressive in going after a quarterback this offseason, and they'll do it because Crompton is not a starting calibre quarterback. Lastly, again, I dare you to find where I specifically said you personally were stupid. I stand by post of saying your comments on Crompton was a stupid post. If you're unable to decipher to difference between the two, frankly that's not my problem. I have better things to do with my time than to pat you on the back and say "there, there".
-
Drew Willy to start season finale
You think Rich as the site owner disrespects this community? His mantra is a giant middle finger to the community that visits this place? And the rest of the guys who volunteer their time to this place? You should be embarrassed for even suggesting such a thing. Do you know what Rich gets out of fronting the money for this place? How much of the revenue he takes for himself in exchange for the late nights when he has to do site updates or for the money that he puts up to pay for server fees, etc? Not a single dime. It all goes to you guys. The shirts we made, the contests we run, the season tickets we donated to charity on behalf of all of our members here. All of it is for our members, not for the people who own and operate this site. There's ONE guy on our moderation team that pushes the envelope. Me. You want to suggest I'm a bad site administrator? Go right ahead. While you're at it, maybe find me some examples of how I've used my admin privileges in an abusive fashion because there's a difference between "mod abuse" and you just not liking my attitude sometimes. But it has nothing to do with the entire team that works on this place and I find it quite unbelievable that you would even suggest it does. Wrong - Mr. P. Just look at my tough love thread and how he treated me. Look at my post about Jonathon Crompton and how he called me 'stupid' for saying what I said because he won one game. Aww muffin.... What I said, for the umpteenth time was that it was a stupid post. I dare you to look through my comments and find specifically where I said you, yourself, personally were stupid. Go for it. I'll be here waiting.
-
Draft Position
It's a deep draft so I'm not really concerned. It's hard in my opinion to see Toronto passing on Demski given Durie's age and wanting to keep the ratio in tact. I think we'll still get who we want - and I doubt it would be him considering the state of our line.
-
2014 Progress: Pass or Fail
When it comes to B.C. I think we simply need to stay healthy. We showed earlier in the year that we can beat them quite easily when we have a healthy ball club. Yes they did beat us twice but we had significant injuries in both games. It's a team that doesn't impress me in the least, even with Lulay likely back under centre next year, assuming he stays healthy. As for Saskatchewan, we need to get bigger up front, and Wild needs to be the full time middle linebacker. I'll take our secondary against ours, though whoever is against Bruce Johnson admittedly would concern me a bit. I don't dislike Bruce Johnson by any means, but I don't think he is necessarily as good as some have made him out to be. Gets beat deep a little too much for my liking, but I like him in the short/intermediate portion of the pass game. Hopefully we can add another receiver whether it be free agency, or a rookie find to further test their secondary.
-
Bombers @ Stamps GDT
Your right, facts are facts, so lets look at a few: Willy finished the year over 3,700 passing yards which is the best mark we've had since 2007. His completion percentage is fourth best among CFL starters, and is ahead of Bo Levi Mitchell, and his touchdown passes is tied for fifth among starters as well. You can like or dislike Drew Willy all you want, I frankly don't care, but those are impressive facts for a first year starter. Yeah it's great Marve can scramble, good for him. The name of the game at quarterback is throwing the ball. It comes first far and away above anything else, and Marve has a long way to go before he's in Willy's league in that category. I must say I find it quite amusing that Troy Smith can complete 52.6 per cent of his passes last season, and can show an ability to run as well, yet have the critics he did (and justifiably so of course) yet Robert Marve can have worse passing numbers when averaged out, can be just as reckless, yet we have a "quarterback controversy" among our genius fan base (nevermind the fact that he's only thrown 22 career passes) because of how this town always loves the #2 quarterback. Don't get me wrong, I like Marve, and I want him to do well as he's part of our team, but he is the back-up for a reason. He is not better, nor in the same league as Drew Willy. Can he run and extend plays? Sure he can, good for him. That alone does not make him the better quarterback. Outside of Ricky Ray and Bo Levi Mitchell, there has not been a quarterback in this league the past 15 years that has been elite in his first full year as a full time starter, but there have been some good ones. Drew Willy is one of them. That's a fact whether you like it not, so get use to it. Without Drew Willy this season, this team wins no more than four games in 2014. Remember how Mike Reilly was last year? Lots of ups, lots of downs. That's life when you're a first year starter. You have to be willing to take the good with the bad. Look at how he developed in 2014 - There's no reason to doubt Willy won't continue to develop as well. Furthermore, lets look at some games where Drew Willy held us in as best as he could despite no running game: Week seven at home to Saskatchewan - We amass 37 yards rushing in the game and lose by six points. Labour Day - Grigsby runs for 68 yards and we lose by five Banjo Bowl - Grigsby runs for 66 yards and we lose by six. Week 14 - Grigsby runs for 42 yards and we lose by five. These are unacceptable rushing totals, and on top of that, for anyone who knows anything about football - Second and long all game is a defensive lineman's dream. There's two very good reasons why we gave up the amount of sacks we did this year - Our offensive line and situation football. While it would be naive to think we win all four of those games with Cotton in the line-up, I have zero hesitation in saying we'd win at least two of those four, which would put us at 9-9 and in contention for a playoff berth. You look at the best teams in this league, and what do they have to go along with a good quarterback? They can run the football. We couldn't this year. With Willy and Cotton together for a full season in 2015, plus the new pieces that will be added through the draft and free agency, there's every reason to expect this team to challenge for the playoffs next year - and they'll do that with Drew Willy. And on that note...