Game 15 : Jets @ Senators

gRZc93K.jpg

Pav best player. Perreault has been close in getting a goal lately so I'm not surprised he got the OT/SO winner. Thorburn sightings = 1. Thank god that OTT can't shoot any better then us from the point. Bad ref call on Stuart at the end.

Hutch to start next game? Got a feeling.

Anyone notice the HNIC logo still has the CBC emblem on it ON SPORTSNET?!?!

One thing I couldn't help but notice was how abysmal the play-calling and commentary were. If they actually spent 15 minutes of the entire game calling the play, I'd be surprised. Instead it was a constant barrage for irrelevant anecdotes, decades old player stats and stupid stories. You're paid to call the game. Call the game.

They honestly couldn't have been any worse if Rod Black was in the booth. If they want spout off their vast stores of irrelevant non-game related crap. Wait for a friggin whistle. I dread the next broadcast from Sportsnet.

That was a good road game by the JETS... they deserved the 2 points for sure. The reffing was pretty brutal and while watching i was pretty bored, but not because of the game, but because of the commentary, if randorf and especially galley could have made it any more clear that they were cheering for Ottawa, like c'mon. I've watched all 3 or 4 games they have had on sportsnet and i've been dead bored listening to it. The games haven't been awful but the commentary certainly has  been.

No respect for the JETS what so ever from Sportsnet. None, 8-5-2. 3rd in the central, probably the toughest division in hockey, 6-0-2 in the last 8 or something like that...But do they even mention that once? NOPE. 

Jets are actually one of the hottest teams in hockey right now, but do we get any respect? Nope, it's ridiculous actually. and TSN too, man seriously you show the highlights and then you talk to 2 ottawa players after the game and no Jet players? WTF. 

That was a good road game by the JETS... they deserved the 2 points for sure. The reffing was pretty brutal and while watching i was pretty bored, but not because of the game, but because of the commentary, if randorf and especially galley could have made it any more clear that they were cheering for Ottawa, like c'mon. I've watched all 3 or 4 games they have had on sportsnet and i've been dead bored listening to it. The games haven't been awful but the commentary certainly has  been.

No respect for the JETS what so ever from Sportsnet. None, 8-5-2. 3rd in the central, probably the toughest division in hockey, 6-0-2 in the last 8 or something like that...But do they even mention that once? NOPE. 

Jets are actually one of the hottest teams in hockey right now, but do we get any respect? Nope, it's ridiculous actually. and TSN too, man seriously you show the highlights and then you talk to 2 ottawa players after the game and no Jet players? WTF. 

Good win by the team, despite the obvious fatigue in the second. I didn't really notice any bias, because they didn't actually seem to be talking about the game at all. I started tuning them out after a while cause all I was hearing was unrelated anecdotes that had nothing to do with what was happening on the ice. Professional idiots. TSN not so bad, Beyak is a homer for sure, (I don't actually mind that) and Hnidy knows the game. Been listening to TSN radio quite a bit and a lot of pundits are coming around to the team, they still think Pavs is going to regress, but acknowledge the work of Maurice on systems and the team buying in. If they continue to play like they have been, no way we even get close to a sniff of McDavid or Eichel. Hopefully, that's a good thing.

Nothing wrong with the team announcers being homers. It's the national announcers that shouldn't be biased.

For better or worse there have been homers at every level, maybe not so much in their commentary, but evident in their excitement for the team they are fans of. I agree with your point, but I'm sure it's not as easy as it might sound. If they're balanced in their analysis and coverage, I don't much care who they pull for.