Everything posted by voodoochylde
-
Bombers Receive No Love From Oddsmakers
Original Story Here
-
Bombers Release Six
Not that there was any question of it but Burke also named Renaud as the team's punter.
-
Bombers Release Six
He'd be more likely to be offered a PR spot IF he were amongst the last group of cuts .. didn't do enough to separate himself from Pavlopoulos let alone unseat an incumbent.
-
Burke Unhappy With Work Of Veterans
I said it even with Kelly .. I personally could care less what the head coach says or does .. if his approach leads to more wins than losses .. he can throat punch Bob Irving for all I care. (I know I know .. Knuckles .. sacred cow .. and all that).
-
Press Conference: Traffic Woes
Exactly. Some people will find that leaving two hours before a game does it for them .. others will ride .. bus .. walk .. pitch a tent .. whatever. At the end of the day, once people figure out what works for them .. it will start to alleviate some of the strain (traffic wise) on the area .. less people will be travelling at peak times and it should help mitigate some of what's going on.
-
Burke Unhappy With Work Of Veterans
If nothing else, it's a confidence management thing. Sticking a relatively inexperienced guy out there to flounder .. in front of our rabid .. desperate for a championship fanbase .. is a sure fire way to kill whatever mojo that guy's got.
-
Bombers Release Six
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have announced the following six players have been released from their roster: Non-import Punter Brett Cameron Import Linebacker Chad Faulcon Import Defensive Lineman Marcus Hyde Non-Import Punter Tim Hutchison Import Defensive Back Sam Pope Non-Import Defensive Back Jawann Westerman The Blue Bombers return to the practice field this morning from 10:15am-12:45pm as they prepare for their second preseason game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Thursday, June 20th.
-
Cfl Tells Bombers To Fix Press Box
http://www.raymondscwanarchitect.com/ They were the firm who designed IGF.
-
Buck's Rusty But Healthy
I couldn't agree with you more Mike. Let me be clear though. I love the attitude and leadership Pierce brings .. it's hard not to like his style of play .. but he's been a drag on this team for some time now. I would maybe even argue that his whole time in Winnipeg was an ill connceived effort to bridge the span of time before we found our next franchise QB. At any rate, I said the same things about Kevin Glenn when he was here (and oft injured): continued injuries, inconsistency and the inability to rely on a player *IS* a detriment to the team. At some point, you simply need to move on. I hope Pierce proves me wrong but if history has taught us anything, Hall and Goltz should see plenty of action this year.
-
Buck's Rusty But Healthy
Original Story Here
-
Burke Unhappy With Work Of Veterans
Original Story Here
-
My Thoughts
Yeah ..couldn't remember who it was .. but I know it wasn't Brown. Just pointing out some misplaced criticism.
-
My Thoughts
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Bob who questioned the significant rotation on the DLine. Doug basically said, "This is what they do"
-
My Thoughts
I like what he *COULD* add to a broadcast .. he just needs to talk like an everyman .. don't try to sound smart .. really .. it's Communication 101 .. know your audience .. speak their language ..
-
Pre-Season Game 1: Argonauts @ Bluebombers - June 12 @ 7Pm Cdt
I wouldn't exactly use last night as the benchmark for what our defense will do pressure wise .. it's preseason .. they keep it vanilla. Not going to blow your wad in a meaningless tilt against a division rival.
-
Press Conference: Traffic Woes
Not trying to mitigate the failure in any way shape or form but the sheer number of people who were turned around at University Crescent because they shouldn't have been entering there was unreal. It caused a slow down getting people through the checkpoint near the stadium. At one point, we were sitting idle for 10 minutes while some guy in a pickup tried to turn from the far southbound curb lane, across traffic to head back northbound down UC .. we were waiting because someone didn't know he shouldn't have been going that way and it caused the checkpoint to become a bottleneck. A large part of this *IS* educating the various stakeholders. Another huge problem was grossly underestimating the load on Transit resources.
-
Press Conference: Traffic Woes
There was a guy with a pedal power rickshaw shuttling people down University Crescent while I was heading into the game last night .. wonder how much he ended up making .. lol.
-
Press Conference: Traffic Woes
Should be planning for 1/4 to 1/3 of capacity to take transit. Overplan not underplan.
-
Press Conference: Traffic Woes
Right now. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Bombers-holding-2-pm-press-conference-over-trans-211420121.html
-
Pre-Season Game 1: Argonauts @ Bluebombers - June 12 @ 7Pm Cdt
For me, my comment regarding Garrett was more to do with his coming back from injury (not necessarily a matter of overall production). There was no hesitation and he didn't appear to lack any burst .. nor did he shy away from contact. I'd agree that the pick by Hall was bad .. he simply didn't see the defender drop off .. Returners .. I could be getting the two mixed up (in retrospect .. I am thinking Massey and his missed FG return).
-
Site Updates
Couldn't imagine that any of us have the time or energy to round up a yahoo to make life miserable for another fan community.
-
Pre-Season Game 1: Argonauts @ Bluebombers - June 12 @ 7Pm Cdt
I honestly didn't think parking (at the stadium) was bad at all .. they directed traffic well .. easily found spots. No problem there. Getting onto the university was a pain in the rear end and I think part of it lies with people assuming that 30 minute drive they normally take to the U .. would still only be 30 minutes .. that said .. the team, the city and transit really need to act and improve the situation.
-
Pre-Season Game 1: Argonauts @ Bluebombers - June 12 @ 7Pm Cdt
Didn't get a chance to post last night after the game so I wanted to try and do this now (before my days gets crazy): * During his extended audition, Max Hall looked like the closest thing we have to a CFL quarterback. He made quick decisions, got the ball out of his hands quickly and put the ball in spots for his receivers to make plays (the Matthews reception was a beautiful throw). He doesn't have the strongest arm but he showed he can make the throws asked of him. There were at least two incompletions last night that I put wholly on the receiver. It was apparent Hall was throwing to a spot and his receiver kept running. * Clement relies too heavily on his athleticism. That's not bad, in and of itself, but he needs to demonstrate he can move the ball with his arm. He *could* have a future but he’s no better than 4th on the depth chart. * Garrett looked good in his few rushing attempts. No hesitation. Ran aggressively and picked up decent yardage in spots. The running game will be our bread and butter early in the season and I hope Crowton is not afraid to commit to it in order to move the chains. * I liked both McCree and Kennedy as returners. McCree makes quick decisions in traffic and once he gets an edge, he showed he can be dangerous. * There were a few new guys in the secondary who played their way off the team last night. Linebacking wasn’t much better either. Was really impressed with Cauchy’s range and athleticism. He looks good back there. West looked more like Logan lite. * For all the talk about the hiring of Dickenson being a coup, his special teams let him down. I realize it was preseason but the fake executed by Toronto was one of the slowest developing plays I’ve seen in awhile and nobody on the Bomber side of the ball even recognized it until Alix was nearing the first down marker. Just a couple of things that stood out for me.
-
Pre-Season Game 1: Argonauts @ Bluebombers - June 12 @ 7Pm Cdt
I think Hall showed a lot tonight .. but, overall, the game plan on the Bombers part was pretty vanilla ..
-
Pre-Season Game 1: Argonauts @ Bluebombers - June 12 @ 7Pm Cdt
You can have him back .. the man is a tool.