Riders And Esks

17to85

i know that Pederson and the gang on RF are all talking about their stacked team that looks like a who's-who of allstars and how they're going to be playing in a hometown GC like TO and BC...

...i'm just not seeing it (not counting tonight, of course, preseason is what it is)... am i missing something?

you're missing green coloured glasses. the homers in that province always think their team is the greatest team in existence. 

granted.

but: their optimism can't be totally unfounded... am i reading them wrong?

eg: average QB, average O-Line, good receivers, good RB... average D-Line that could be good depending on Chick, average LBs, good DBs but young and prone to brainfarts

granted.

but: their optimism can't be totally unfounded... am i reading them wrong?

eg: average QB, average O-Line, good receivers, good RB... average D-Line that could be good depending on Chick, average LBs, good DBs but young and prone to brainfarts

But rider fans consider Durant to be a top teir qb, comparable with the Rays and Calvillos and Lulays, they consider their 0-line to be one of the best in the league, they consider their rb one of the best, they consider their d-line, especially with chick one of the best. I don't think you understand just how biased they are... Remember these are the fans that used to crow that Szarka was just as good as Mike Sellers... Hell I remember in about 2003 a rider fan telling me that Nealon Greene was just as good as Khari Jones! 

But rider fans consider Durant to be a top teir qb, comparable with the Rays and Calvillos and Lulays, they consider their 0-line to be one of the best in the league, they consider their rb one of the best, they consider their d-line, especially with chick one of the best. I don't think you understand just how biased they are... Remember these are the fans that used to crow that Szarka was just as good as Mike Sellers... Hell I remember in about 2003 a rider fan telling me that Nealon Greene was just as good as Khari Jones! 

i'll give them the Kory Sheets bit... but they're the 3rd from worst at QB...

i'll give them the Kory Sheets bit... but they're the 3rd from worst at QB...

Just telling you how they think. One of the things that happens when you go to university in Western Manitoba and then move to Calgary is that you meet a lot of rider fans and learn how they think about that team... it's really something. 

and honestly, I think you might be selling Durant short a bit. I have a hard time putting Burris definitively ahead of him, but then again I don't think a lot of Burris and I don't think Durant is THAT far behind Lulay either, just that the Lions are a better team. Hell I even forgot about the stamps... Durant gotta be ahead of those guys cause Tate still has a lot of prove and Glenn is Glenn.

Just telling you how they think. One of the things that happens when you go to university in Western Manitoba and then move to Calgary is that you meet a lot of rider fans and learn how they think about that team... it's really something. 

and honestly, I think you might be selling Durant short a bit. I have a hard time putting Burris definitively ahead of him, but then again I don't think a lot of Burris and I don't think Durant is THAT far behind Lulay either, just that the Lions are a better team.

i'd like to see what Lulay could do on a weaker team too... but i still think he's one rung below Ray and Calvillo and still getting better. i just don't see anything about Durant that makes me believe he'll ever be better than say, Kevin Glenn with a better body. Burris can (and does) pick a team up and win the game for them... i don't think i've seen Durant do that and i know i've never seen Glenn do it.