Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

voodoochylde

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by voodoochylde

  1. Darren Cameron ‏@Darren_Cameron 24s Max Hall will start Saturday in Guelph against the @Ticats #Bombers.
  2. Wpg Blue Bombers ‏@Wpg_BlueBombers 1m Blue Bombers sign veteran defensive back Bo Smith http://tinyurl.com/kuhvf4j
  3. The one thing I sincerely hope is that the media (TSN especially) stops parroting this false idea that Buck Pierce gives this team the best chance to win. His play, over the last season and a half, has been absolutely terrible. His inability to stay healthy robs the team of any chance to develop chemistry / timing with his receivers. It cripples any other quarterback's ability to prepare week in week out. Look no farther than this season. They finally take the leash off Pierce, let him play his game .. let him be mobile .. he gets hurt. We simply *HAVE* to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough .. time to move on.
  4. I would extend that really to any and all free agents the Bombers end up courting. Winnipeg isn't exactly an ideal landing spot right now .. no continuity from a coaching standpoint, no stability from an organizational standpoint and no real direction or identity. We're Hamilton circa 2005-2008.
  5. You think he'll last that long?
  6. We only have three quarterbacks on our roster. We *have* to dress three for game day. Pierce would never have played.
  7. Bellefeuille did say this wasn't an ideal situation for himself professionally and that he didn't want to take on the OC role. He did say thought that, when he joined the organization, said he'd do whatever it took to help us be successful .. this turned out to be whatever.
  8. Reilly throws a nice ball .. Edmonton competitive so far
  9. voodoochylde replied to a post in a topic in Blue Bomber Discussion
    That's flat out wrong. The toss to Kohlert (for the TD) is a perfect example of him anticipating where the receiver would be.
  10. voodoochylde replied to a post in a topic in Blue Bomber Discussion
    But for all Goltz's mobility he still can't hit the broad side of a barn (overstating his accuracy issues I know). He's also been run down (easily) more than once in read option situations and hasn't demonstrated the same level of athleticism of a Collaros or LeFevour. I don't know if it's the offense that's handcuffing Goltz from not show casing more of his physical tools but, to date, his athleticism and mobility have been overrated.
  11. voodoochylde replied to a post in a topic in Blue Bomber Discussion
    Beasts Shout out to the fans who came out to support this train wreck. Hall. I know the offense struggled in the second half but there are blocks to build with. He played with poise, showed good anticipation and grit. Showed some smarts leaning on his veteran receiver. Edwards. Guy was determined to help this offense move forward and put his QB in a position to succeed. Bums Desia Dunn; picked on all night long and was a step behind most of the night. Creehan. Love his intensity as a positional coach - why doesn't that translate to his defensive philosophy as a co-ordinator? Jekyll and Hyde defense only shows improvement when Burke takes a direct hand in influencing its direction. Second half offense. The inability to make adjustments at the half kills this team every week. I actually think Hall's arm strength limitations are being overstated by some. He has an average arm. He showed that the ball sails a bit when he tried to drop it in over the Hamilton coverage .. also doesn't have ideal zip on some of the deeper patterns. That said, his game is about rhythm and timing and that type of quarterback *can* be very successful in this league. There are positive things to work with there. You could see the timing with his receivers getting better as the game progressed. You could see the touch and anticipation on display with that toss to Kohlert in the end zone. At the end of the day, you don't need a guy with a cannon. You need a guy who can march the length of the field. Is Hall that guy? I don't know. But he's the best of the bunch we have right now.
  12. I will .. it was brutal .. both ways .. so wildly inconsistent .. it's embarrassing that games like this get broadcast in the US .. not a good way to sell this league.
  13. This will be the first game I've missed in about 10 seasons. I shudder to think what this means for me if they pull out a win tonight
  14. I'll drink Heineken if I can't have a Grolsch. That's acceptable drinking. ;-)
  15. I think he'll go over 200.
  16. Haven't even opened it yet .. going to guess .. Institutionalized? Heh.
  17. Not a GIF but Essential Game Day Music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxcJW6bs5os
  18. How I'll feel if we give away another game to the TiCats.
  19. #FearTheBeard But seriously though .. looking at his raw stats (and I'll readily admit I haven't dug too deeply into this) .. he doesn't seem to offer much more than we have now. Change for the sake of change?
  20. Shhhh! No influencing potential designers!
  21. My money is on the guy following the Bombers the last 40 years .. you know .. the one with a clue. ;-) I still expect Hall to struggle at times through the game .. it's just the nature of the beast .. but these guys HAVE to be allowed to play through it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.