Practice notes from August 28

Mike

At this point, I'm a really big fan of new faces all over. Just try **** you think will work, and see if it sticks. I'm not sure there's anyone that deserves the veteran loyalty points. Nobody's performed well enough to be untouchable.

I'm thinking if Watson goes, we very well could see 3 NI receivers this week and I wonder if they'd consider the idea of Bo Smith starting at safety.

Based on Cauchy's play .. I'd be all for this ..

Glad to see Douglas is back .. going to be a bit before he is in game shape but he can only be an upgrade over Boatman at this point.

But 3 NI receivers on an already weak offense is a stretch - but I'd try it.

Not really, with 'Brody McKnight-in-shining-armour' kicking 55 yard FGs in practice, we only have to get to the Sask 48 yd. line.

Bob Irving ‏@BobIrvingCJOB 29s

Mcknight Showing off big leg at bomber practice, launching 55-yard field goals.

Not sure about Hinds being worth the look see, seeing as he's failed a few times already, but in Hind sight.....it's still a bad idea.

We can't afford to be picky, especially when we're an injury away from starting Dan West and our starter isn't any good anyway.  And I don't see how he has "failed a few times already", when he's only ever been with one team.

Hinds reminds me of someone who should be backing up in the defensive backfield...not starting, but anyways....

CFLDaily ‏@CFLDaily 
RT @Dave_CHED: #Eskimos sign non-import DB Ryan Hinds, ex of the Tiger-Cats. Also sign import DL Nekos Brown. #CFL

Hinds reminds me of someone who should be backing up in the defensive backfield...not starting, but anyways....

CFLDaily ‏@CFLDaily 

RT @Dave_CHED: #Eskimos sign non-import DB Ryan Hinds, ex of the Tiger-Cats. Also sign import DL Nekos Brown. #CFL

Durrrr yeah that's why I said we didn't get him and it would have been good for depth.  This is like talking to a child.

I'm annoyed that with our lack of Canadian defensive back depth we didn't get Ryan Hinds.  He didn't pan out as a starting corner for Hamilton but guaranteed he would be better depth than Dan West at safety and would have pushed Cauchy as well.

Why is that guaranteed?  Hinds couldn't even stick as a special teamer and depth in Hamilton and lost his job to an Ontario junior player.

I'm annoyed that with our lack of Canadian defensive back depth we didn't get Ryan Hinds.  He didn't pan out as a starting corner for Hamilton but guaranteed he would be better depth than Dan West at safety and would have pushed Cauchy as well.

Why is that guaranteed?  Hinds couldn't even stick as a special teamer and depth in Hamilton and lost his job to an Ontario junior player.

Because Dan West has no idea how to take an angle and it makes him useless as a safety