Sard
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: GDT - Stamps at Bombers
Everything posted by Sard
-
It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls
So of the 9 times a 3rd place team has made it to the final, they have won 5 times... I like those odds
-
It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls
I'm confused... If the 3rd place team only makes it to the Grey Cup 9 times out of 124 chances, how do they win 5 out of 62 chances??? The first stat says they only make it there 9 times, so where does the 62 chances come from?
-
How do you see the West playoff teams in comparison to yours.
I would much prefer a 4 game win streak to finish out the season.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Looking at it again, it looked like they may have hit helmet to helmet... pretty wicked hit either way.
-
Game Day Thread- Week Eighteen, GAME 16: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 2018
Props are allowed in celebrations now too, so probably not a penalty.
- HAMILTON 7-7 @ TORONTO 3-11
-
CFL TRADE DEADLINE !!!
Interesting that you're questioning Jackson at 32, but suggesting Stef Logan since he's 38 (though he doesn't necessarily play like it).
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Highlighted the key word. By definition, a diehard fan does not waver in their support for the team. die·hard ˈdīˌhärd/ noun a person who strongly opposes change or who continues to support something in spite of opposition.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Key word there is may... does not say that they need to have.
-
Matt Nichols - YAY!!!!!!!!!
The result is that Nichols gained some confidence back along with getting his head screwed on straight as well. That's huge for him going forward the rest of this season.
-
Matt Nichols - YAY!!!!!!!!!
The fans were cheering the fact that Nichols got up with a little bit of fire. It got the team fired up to see him take a big hit and pop back up with some enthusiasm... fired up the crowd too.
-
Practise Observations
Surprisingly enough, I'm pretty sure Thompkins was on the sideline in the 2nd half (in full gear). Didn't notice if he got on the field at all though.
-
Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion
Outside of two very bad decisions, Nichols was playing fine. They were moving the ball without too much trouble, he just tried to force a throw when he didn't need to, and then he made a bad decision rather than take a sac. I don't think Nichols has been playing all that poorly the last few games, just making a few bad decisions that have cost the team. If he even had one of those back in the Banjo bowl, we win that game.
-
Crossover Standings after Week 14
Back in 2011, the BC Lions started the season 0-5, and went on to win the whole thing. That's the most recent example that I can think of with regards to big comebacks for a team.
-
New Era will be CFL jersey manufacturer
Uniform re-design every few years is a part of the business. If the teams all stayed with the same uniform year after year, Jersey sales would be way down.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
I was answering the question about who is in Winnipeg because of O'Shea, and the answer is Bighill.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
I believe that Bighill straight up said that he wanted to come play for O'Shea.
-
Paul Lapolice
I believe the stat that Bob Irving quoted on the radio yesterday was 24 points after a drive extending penalty by the Bombers. Take all those penalties away and Ottawa only scores 20 points. I know a game wouldn't actually work out that way, but that's a lot of points that we helped them get. Cleanup the penalties on D and it's a much different game.
-
Going for 2
No, they scored on 4 out of 6 opportunities.
-
Going for 2
Actually we stopped them twice, but took a couple of dumba$$ penalties to give them a 2nd shot at it.
-
That was painful...
Even Special Teams wasn't great though. How many of Medlock's punts were between the hash marks? Good solid punting involves keeping it between the hash marks and sidelines. For the most part the kick cover teams did a decent job, but even they had some misses towards the end.
-
Blue Bomber Photos
We're talking about mascots so that wouldn't be all that far fetched now would it?
-
Blue Bomber Photos
Snoopy was a fighter pilot.
-
Blue Bomber Photos
That's not exactly true... there are many examples of bi-plane bombers from the earlier years of aviation... A couple of examples include the Hawker Hind Biplane Bomber, and the Vickers Vernon Bomber.
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
I thought Manziel ducked into it, so I think a penalty and suspension would be too much. The defender didn't lead with his helmet either, I think it was just one of those hard plays that sometimes happen rather than any sort of intention to injure. I could be wrong, but that's what I saw.