Everything posted by Sard
-
Lock of the Week 9
Chris Matthews
-
Game Day Thread- Bombers at Arblows
I also don't think there was clear video evidence to overturn the spot. If it was clear (and the spotters would have seen it), then they would have challenged, but likely knew it would be a waste. The camera angle on the measurement was terrible too because it looked short.
-
Lock of the Week 8
Chris Matthews
-
Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless
One of the picks that ended up being double coverage had 2 receivers running basically side-by-side. I would hazard to guess that one of them was supposed to pull up on a shorter route which would have taken the 2nd defender out of the play. I think that one was on the receiver who wasn't supposed to be there (I think it was Lucky on the outside who's defender jumped in and took the ball from the intended receiver).
-
2019 CFL Season: Around the League
I will agree that they did well at bringing pressure.
-
2019 CFL Season: Around the League
The comment you made was that "WITH THEIR BACKUP QB" they made us look like "pure crap", which is not the case at all. The fact that Nichols was in a funk and couldn't pull it out of the fire has nothing to do with how Hamilton's backup QB played.
-
Week Of: Bombers @ Argos
Pretty sure there were complaints when we beat Toronto last time, and that was by 27. Ridiculous questions like "how could we let them score 21 points?" and "why didn't we score more in the 2nd half?". Some people around here just can't seem to be happy no matter how the team is playing.
-
2019 CFL Season: Around the League
They scored a total of 9 points with that backup QB in for 3 quarters. It's a bit of a stretch to say that they made us look like crap with him in the game.
-
thursday night football
And Brodie Lawson thinks it'll compete with the Rum Hut... I don't think she's seen the crowd at the Rum Hut if she thinks that was even close to the same.
- Lock of the Week 7
-
Monday Morning Musings - we're 4 and 0 edition
My only issue with Sayles is that he seems to sell out attempting to get the 'big hit' too often and doesn't wrap the ball carrier up. He's good for at least 1 or 2 every game where he can stop a guy for no YAC yards if he just puts his arms out, but he tries to knock guys off balance or out of bounds instead and usually just glances off of them.
-
Lock of the Week 6
Lucky Whitehead
- lock of the week 5
-
Next Up - Toronto Comes To Town For Friday Night Football - Sellout IGF
I thought we had 8 Canadian starters in Ottawa. If that was the case, no worries.
-
Lock of the Week 4
Andrew Harris
-
GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019
I think I remember one throw into the endzone by Edmonton, but it was at least 5 yards away from the receiver so no chance to catch it. I could be recalling incorrectly though. Either way, the Bomber D did a great job of taking that option away all night.
-
3 stars + HH week3 eskynogo
How do you figure they got the catch and fumble wrong? In slow-mo, it may have looked like he had the ball in his possession for quite a while, but in real-time he barely touched the ground and was hit immediately after that and lost the ball. That's an incomplete pass every day of the week.
-
Brain Injuries and the future of football
Headers in soccer could cause some pretty wicked brain movement. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that's where it's coming from.
- Lock of the Week 3
-
Lock of the Week 2
Dominique Davis
-
Lock of the Week 2
Andrew's gonna have a hell of a time getting into the end zone this week... Bomber's don't play again until the home opener
-
3 stars plus HH
Didnt think the reffing was too bad, but I counted 3 calls that Rod Black guessed wrong, two of which were pretty bloody obvious that he was going to be wrong.
-
Lock of the Week
Chris Streveler
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
I've seen some comments on twitter complaining about the coach's salary cap being the reason for this. I seem to remember seeing a story in the off season that said June Jones refused a salary for some reason or other, or maybe donated it all to charity, so I don't think the amount he was being paid really mattered to him. Agreed that it sucks for the league to be losing coaches, especially this late in the off-season.
-
Bomber News: 2019 Off Season
Watching that just gets me more excited for the season to start... They better not delay the start of the season. Go Blue!!!