Everything posted by Sard
-
GDT - Week 10 - Elks @ The Champs
If I remember correctly, the last game that Legs did the place kicking, he missed a bit in the 1st half and then corrected in the 2nd half. I actually thought they should have given him one more game to see if he had actually figured it out, but they went with Mourtada instead. I think they should just give the job to Legs and I think he can handle it.
-
GDT - Week 10 - Elks @ The Champs
First thing I did when I got home was re-watch the goal line stand on the Bombers' first drive. McGuire was 100% in... you could see on the replay with the overhead shot, even after he got pushed back a bit, the white stripe on the ball had clearly broken the plane of the goal line.
-
Upcoming Movies
I was not aware that there was going to be a sequel... interesting.
-
Upcoming Movies
I really enjoyed the Royan Tennenbaums the first time I saw it. Went to watch it a 2nd time with a different group of friends and it wasn't nearly as good as I had remembered it. Finally got around to seeing Knives Out this weekend. It was entertaining.
-
Restaurant/food thread
They've got some good options. Haven't been there for a while, but the Perogies are pretty good. If I remember correctly, they have desert ones too.
-
Restaurant/food thread
Are you saying that you don't like bacon?!?
-
The TV Thread
I'm torn on how I feel about this. The original show was great, and the whole idea of the series playing out as a 5 act play was very different for the time when it came out. I will probably watch it, but I have a hard time believing that new actors can live up to the characters in the original.
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
Agreed, i didn't think he was in when the signal went up.
-
First week of fall GDT: non-Bomber bye week games
It looked like the ref tried to throw the flag right away but couldn't find it, made the call on the incomplete pass, then looked down to find the flag.
-
Covid-19
Based on the last game, it doesn't look like Edmonton needs to enforce anything other than maybe forcing the small number of people who show up for the game to space out a bit more.
-
GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs
Last word 😃
-
GDT - Banjo Bowl - Riders @ the Champs
As an outside 3rd party to this, I would argue that you restarted it/had to get the last word in with your "Happy to oblige." comment.
-
Canadian Politics
I loved how on the CBC broadcast, Rosemary kept emphasizing the more "PROGRESSIVE" parties (talking about the Liberals, NDP, possibly the BQ and the Greens as well). It sounded like a shot to the Conservatives which made me laugh.
-
Covid-19
This raises a question... if the kids are all masked and regularly washing their hands (which I understand is the expectation), how is anything being spread?
-
The Tech Thread
Do they give you location specifics. I would wonder if the people listening to certain stations are outside of their coverage area. I sometimes stream CJOB on my phone for the pre and post games shows at home games because I've got a 15-20 minute walk to my car from the stadium.
-
Covid-19
Same here, riskiest thing I've done is go to the bomber games, but I keep my mask on all the time.
-
Mid season Report Card
I'd give the returning a D-, maybe D because there haven't been any turnovers. If there had been any turnovers, then it's a definite F.
-
The state of our kicking game
I was actually disappointed that Liegghio didn't get another chance this past weekend. I thought he had worked out his issues after the first half of the Banjo Bowl and was going to be good to go.
-
Let's Go Bombers Podcast: Episode 2 up!
I'm not on twitter. This forum is the closest I get to being on social media. I post on here a bit and I'm a bit of a lurker everywhere else
-
Let's Go Bombers Podcast: Episode 2 up!
You did say you were recording that at 4 in the morning
-
Let's Go Bombers Podcast: Episode 2 up!
In response to your question on the podcast, pretty sure Mullet Man was Troy Westwood.
-
"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)
Soooo, if all the other teams are bum teams and we beat them all, does that not still make us the best? We didn't even have to hit him before he folded though... how's that for power from our D?
-
"Week Of" Thread - Bombers @ Elks (Week 7)
Well that makes this weekends game interesting... do we know anything about the backup?
-
Covid-19
Apparently you can get it now. Someone I know just got the third dose earlier today at the Supersite in Brandon.
-
Upcoming Movies
Agreed, can't stand Tracy Morgan.