Receivers at DE

Floyd

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

It was a Jones joke... sigh.

I will say that Getzlaf might have been the difference in that last game though...

Watching Getz drop the ball last night made me happy he isn't here anymore. Our receivers are 100% better than last year already

On 7/9/2016 at 2:00 PM, Ripper said:

Watching Getz drop the ball last night made me happy he isn't here anymore. Our receivers are 100% better than last year already

You don't miss Smith and Dressler?  Collins looks good but give it a few games.  See if he actually pans out.  Also helps to have an actual QB in Durant playing.  That's probably the main difference from last year.

3 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

You don't miss Smith and Dressler?  Collins looks good but give it a few games.  See if he actually pans out.  Also helps to have an actual QB in Durant playing.  That's probably the main difference from last year.

Dressler is a great player but has his limitations. Salary factored in we are a better team without him here. Collins has been very good since day one of camp, highly doubt anything is going to change. He has serious speed also. He and Chiles are both very fast and big, big plus to us this year over what we had. I respect Westons time here and he will be remembered fondly but things are now how they were meant to be.

20 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Dressler is a great player but has his limitations. Salary factored in we are a better team without him here. Collins has been very good since day one of camp, highly doubt anything is going to change. He has serious speed also. He and Chiles are both very fast and big, big plus to us this year over what we had. I respect Westons time here and he will be remembered fondly but things are now how they were meant to be.

Riders are winless so I agree completely. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You're going to win 2 games in one day? Impressive. 

I always enjoy watching the evil empire lose, so wouldn't break my heart if you guys beat them. Also believe they are not the team they were a year ago, neither are you guys, so a win is not out of the question. I will say however, beating the Esks is a tall order for you guys and could very well be a huge turning point in your season and more importantly Drew Willy's. 

20 hours ago, Ripper said:

If I had a dollar for every receiver that had a breakout game then fell off the face of the earth afterwards I would be a rich guy. Why? Because opposing defences get film on them, gameplan accordingly and shut them down. Not saying that will be the case with Collins...who knows....however, I wouldn't order his plaque in the plazoo quite yet. One of the big reasons he got let go from here after mini camp was that he had a bad case of the dropsies. That is something that may sneak back into his game as well, as it is even mentioned in his scouting report.

Edited by gcn11

59 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

If I had a dollar for every receiver that had a breakout game then fell off the face of the earth afterwards I would be a rich guy. Why? Because opposing defences get film on them, gameplan accordingly and shut them down. Not saying that will be the case with Collins...who knows....however, I wouldn't order his plaque in the plazoo quite yet. One of the big reasons he got let go from here after mini camp was that he had a bad case of the dropsies. That is something that may sneak back into his game as well, as it is even mentioned in his scouting report.

I'm not putting him on a pedestal. I just said he has been good. I don't think it will change. If it does, oh well, out he goes. The dropsies are a terrible thing, never goes away. Bowman would be in the NFL if he could catch. You are right that we have all seen a lot of guys flame out in this league. Haven't seen any drops here yet but will keep a eye out for it now that you have mentioned it.

29 minutes ago, Mike said:

Collins is a fun receiver to watch. Happy we have Jace and Mayo, but Collins would've been nice to have here.

We have another guy waiting in the wings that everyone is excited about. Armanti Edwards

10 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We have another guy waiting in the wings that everyone is excited about. Armanti Edwards

Yeah, no clue why you'd be excited about him to be honest. Not an intriguing prospect from where I sit. I like Lankford better myself.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yeah, no clue why you'd be excited about him to be honest. Not an intriguing prospect from where I sit. I like Lankford better myself.

I've never seen the guy play, just what I'm reading is all. Lankford is on PR so he is still here. It is nice to see some new blood coming into the league this year.

5 hours ago, tracker said:

Isn't he the guy who makes suits?

Ugh, I can just envision the Rod Black game call

"And a sweep to Edwards - IT'S A TOUCHDOWN!!!!!1!!1!!1! The Armanti Exchange with Durant is successful!*

* Repeats multiple times throughout game, often on incomplete passes/plays he isn't involved in.

13 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

Ugh, I can just envision the Rod Black game call

"And a sweep to Edwards - IT'S A TOUCHDOWN!!!!!1!!1!!1! The Armanti Exchange with Durant is successful!*

* Repeats multiple times throughout game, often on incomplete passes/plays he isn't involved in.

The Double D exchange. Its a two one sale. Only color available is green. Black will be stumbling all over it. LOL