Macho Harris Apology Thread

On July 2, 2016 at 0:49 AM, Adrenaline_x said:

Macho looked to be in position most of the night.   

I I don't get all the hate.

what I don't get is why their receivers are constantly open all the time

Yeah. I think he has actually done pretty good. 

5 hours ago, do or die said:

Yup, particularly on that over the middle stuff, between the hashes....Macho is lined up way back there.......this is on Hall.

I haven't rewatched any games this year but what I noticed is that Macho and Fogg have a real tendency to backpedal even more after the snap, I don't see Randle or the other DBs doing that

Hall already plays a soft zone... but its made softer by Harris and Fogg moving even further back, possibly worried about their speed compared to receivers?  Don't know.

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I haven't rewatched any games this year but what I noticed is that Macho and Fogg have a real tendency to backpedal even more after the snap, I don't see Randle or the other DBs doing that

Hall already plays a soft zone... but its made softer by Harris and Fogg moving even further back, possibly worried about their speed compared to receivers?  Don't know.

it's bend but don't break. Don't allow anything over the top and make the other team complete a lot of passes in order to move the ball. These guys can't really cover all that well so they are cheating deep and will risk getting burned short than deep. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

it's bend but don't break. Don't allow anything over the top and make the other team complete a lot of passes in order to move the ball. These guys can't really cover all that well so they are cheating deep and will risk getting burned short than deep. 

Totally my point...  Hall's defence works when you have a guy like Leggett or Brackenridge  at Safety, they make reads with confidence

Macho has actually grown on me, I don't think he's a wasted signing anymore... but he's just not the right starting Safety for this secondary.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That's the way I see it as well. Even though Masoli marched the cats to our 30 in the dying minutes, all it took was one mistake and it was game over. It's the Ricky Ray type of QB that can slice a D to shreds with a death-of-a-thousand-cuts. Masoli's not that QB.