Macho Harris Apology Thread

Don't get the hate?

I'm tired of mediocre players...  Harris was in position but what did he do beside come in late and land his classic monster hit - leading with his head.

Bottom line

Leggett is a better safety, we're not maximizing players...  Harris would be a great backup plan/ST guy.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Macho Harris might be the defensive MVP last night, but it's a low bar. Fogg and Posey got beat up in the secondary all night and the front 7 gave up over 200 yards rushing, that is the kind of night it was for the defense. No one was good but Harris at least looked OK. 

Ironic, isn't it? Most here at the beginning of the season saw Macho Harris as a stopgap player and a weak link, but he, Wild and Randle have been earning their paycheques. The rest of the defence......

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Macho Harris might be the defensive MVP last night, but it's a low bar. Fogg and Posey got beat up in the secondary all night and the front 7 gave up over 200 yards rushing, that is the kind of night it was for the defense. No one was good but Harris at least looked OK. 

But, so many of our pundits and prognosticators have declared this secondary to be the strength of our team and among the best in the league along with our linebackers and Dline. What happened?

7 minutes ago, J5V said:

But, so many of our pundits and prognosticators have declared this secondary to be the strength of our team and among the best in the league along with our linebackers and Dline. What happened?

Johnny Adams is hurt and Demond Washington went to FA and we lost him. Those two were the best players in the secondary last year and now we got a bunch of rookies and over rated players like Bruce Johnson expected to do heavy lifting. 

12 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Macho looked to be in position most of the night.   

I I don't get all the hate.

what I don't get is why their receivers are constantly open all the time

He was in position for tackles, not for coverage. His coverage has been awful. He still misses a ton of tackles going for hits. We do not have the kind of D that can carry some one like him at S. That probably why we started swapping him and moe a bunch. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

He was in position for tackles, not for coverage. His coverage has been awful. He still misses a ton of tackles going for hits. We do not have the kind of D that can carry some one like him at S. That probably why we started swapping him and moe a bunch. 

Could be wrong but I think we were playing Wild-Bass-Hurl for a while to try and stop Messam...  

Right now, the only thing that I can think of to stop the bleeding is:

Randle-Leggett-Harris/Loffler-Fogg-Johnson

Bass-Muamba-Wild/Burnett

Westerman-Shologan/Thomas-Cummings-Corney/Hubbard

Shaylon Green had one nice play but I still don't like his game.

Bass not looking comfortable at MLB - might be Hall's schemes

Might as well get Loffler some reps... maybe he grabs the job.

Wild has shown he can cover, I think he can handle SAM.

Get as many Cdns on D... play 3 INT OL and Davis-Smith-Adams-Mayo-McDuffie

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Could be wrong but I think we were playing Wild-Bass-Hurl for a while to try and stop Messam...  

Right now, the only thing that I can think of to stop the bleeding is:

Randle-Leggett-Harris/Loffler-Fogg-Johnson

Bass-Muamba-Wild/Burnett

Westerman-Shologan/Thomas-Cummings-Corney/Hubbard

Shaylon Green had one nice play but I still don't like his game.

Bass not looking comfortable at MLB - might be Hall's schemes

Might as well get Loffler some reps... maybe he grabs the job.

Wild has shown he can cover, I think he can handle SAM.

Get as many Cdns on D... play 3 INT OL and Davis-Smith-Adams-Mayo-McDuffie

Yes they did that too. Bringing in muamba to play MLB, moving leggett back to S having harris behind him would be pretty good. Agree about green and corney too. Going an extra int on the ol would be nice especially if bond is healthy. I think itd help a lot to move goosen to G and have some one else a C too. He struggles with reads and communication. 

4 hours ago, DR. CFL said:

Given the number of missed tackles by a buffet of assorted players it seems pointless to attempt and isolate blame on a singular player at this point in time

except Harris was a horrible tackler in SK. He tried so many times to tackle a receiver or ball carrier with his shoulder. He never wraps up. He was mediocre at best in SK.

2 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

except Harris was a horrible tackler in SK. He tried so many times to tackle a receiver or ball carrier with his shoulder. He never wraps up. He was mediocre at best in SK.

yep allways been a guy who sells out for hits and is awful at just wrap and tackle.

3 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

And the rest of the crew that whiffed on tackles.....let's pass the blame around to the other blind tacklers

sure. doesnt change the fact macho is the worst tackler on the team though. And the worst cover S in the league.