Around The NHL 2016/2017

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

no I think that was after four straight losses

too many losses coming into the halfway point of the season.

But we're having the same problem this year but it's not completely the coaches fault

It's 90 percent on the coaches. They are the ones who design the structure and system and game plan.  

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Did Noel get fired after a win?

It was a five game losing streak. But he was fired on a Sunday and Chevy admitted he called Maurice on the previous Tuesday. 

Does this sound familiar?

"It's not just the last two games, it is the consistency factor," Cheveldayoff said, adding the team kept taking a step forward and then two steps back to stay around .500.

The club is 19-23-5 and 10 points back of the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

by the way the jets are currently 20-23-4  compared to 19-23-5 when Noel was canned  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think he has and this is a last ditch desperation effort by a coach who knows he's on thin ice. 

Jets will have to go 24 11 to have a chance at the playoffs. .. that means winning more than 3 In a row a few times. They are finished. 

Realistically, not yet. But soon, if we continue on the same path we've traveled the first half of the season.

I wouldnt go that far.  I think he's good at telling the story that is accurate.  He has sources.  His sources told him coaching wasnt going to be changed but goaltending would..so thats the narrative he pushed against the grain of everyone else screaming for the coaches head.  I dont think he cares if they fire the coach or not...but Gary doesnt waste time on stories for the fans when he can write stories that are true.

Goaltending around the league seems to be going through an awful time.  

Holtby lets in 8. Murray 7. Price 7 and has been struggling. Tonight Jake Allen and Hutton have allowed 6 goals on 16 shots. St Louis really struggling at the moment.

So the key to Saturday vs the Blues... shoot the puck and lots. 

Edited by Goalie

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Goaltending around the league seems to be going through an awful time.  

Holtby lets in 8. Murray 7. Price 7 and has been struggling. Tonight Jake Allen and Hutton have allowed 6 goals on 16 shots. St Louis really struggling at the moment.

So the key to Saturday vs the Blues... shoot the puck and lots. 

It also seems that the shooters are becoming so much more accurate.

Goaltender coaching seems to have forgotten there is a top half to the net.