general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I'm sorry but this simply isn't true. Fleury is a nice prospect, but completely un proven. Myers is a great number 3 guy on a decent contract. I would only move him for another polished and proven defender. There's also 7 years left on Staal's deal, I dont want a 40 point centre making 6 million for the next seven years, and losing Petan and Lowry seems pointless. 

Is an okay #4 if Trouba is playing the left side....if Trouba plays the right side, Myers is our 3rd best RHD with 5.5m of a caphit. We need to lose a D man and I would prefer Enstrom but he has the NMC; thus, we move Myers. If you don't think Fleury pans out and is a bust, you are wrong. He has #1 shutdown D man written all over him. Also, it isn't only the points to consider when talking about a two way center. Staal is 6' 4" and 220 lbs. and one of the best two way centers in the league. How much will Little be making if/when he re-signs?

I hate to break it to you, but Staal really isn't that good. His cap hit is terrible. Fleury is a nice prospect but still a prospect non the less. We don't need another centre, and we need a LHD that can play now, especially if we get rid of Myers because i don't think we have a defenseman on our roster that could play the number 4 spot right now.

You are right, we don't need a center right now but what about the future? Roslovic is the only one in the organization right now that has a chance at 2C and he isn't even guaranteed to play C in the NHL. He might come in as a winger. It would also open up the possibilty of one day trading Little for a top LHD as well. Fleury, Morrissey and someone like Fowler would be nice on theleft side.

The future? Staal is 27 turning 28. Little is 28 turning 29. 

Really not much thought put in to this one Ducky plus Carolina is stacked with D. Not a good fit.  

Myers is worth more than a 28 year old overpaid center that's for sure. Fleury? He's just a prospect... basically at this point a throw in to a trade. 

Adam Larsson got Taylor Hall. 

Myers is worth more than Staal and Fleury. Leave Lowry and petan out of it and it's closer but still pointless to do. 

Edited by Goalie

Their D has no experience besides Hainsey (last year of deal) and Faulk.

Canes RHD besides Faulk...

Ryan Murphy 124 games over 3 seasons, Brett Pesce 69 games and Matt Tennyson 60 games over 3 seasons are their RHD. Their left side isn't much better after Hainsey...

Slavin 63 games, Hanifin 79 games so, ya, not much experience after faulk and Hainsey and Hainsey is gone after this year. They have plenty of cap space for Myers' 5.5m too.

The future? Staal is 27 turning 28. Little is 28 turning 29.  What I meant by a 2C for the future is Little is only signed for two more years and Staal is signed for 7. Staal is a great skater and should be the 2C for about 5 more years at a very high level.

The lineup could be ...

Laine Scheif Ehlers

Connor Staal Wheeler

Perreault Little Armia

Lemieux Copp Dano

Fleury- Buff

Enstrom- Trouba

Morrissey- Postma/Chiarot (I'd trade for Ville Pokka after the expansion draft)

Helle Comrie

Still makes no sense considering little is better than Staal and only a year older. What makes even less sense is talking about our future centers but then trading not 1 but 2 guys who could very well be 3rd and 4th line centers or better in the future... plus myers plus Stafford to Carolina of all places who have a bunch of very good Young D men. Fleury? He's just a prospect.  He's worth way less than Myers. Staal for 7 more years? Why. He's not that good plus he's overpaid for what he brings. I wouldn't trade for Staal ..and I highly doubt Chevy would either.

Why. I don't get the why. Explain it all you want... it still makes No sense for both the Jets and Hurricanes 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2016 at 4:09 PM, Ducky said:

Let's say we could get Staal for Myers (even though we wouldn't), is Fleury not worth Petan and Lowry?

Leave Myers alone. Plus where it really counts is with Chevy. And I can't see him pulling the pin with Myers. Myers has not yet reached his full potential.

• 5 weeks later...

Trouba for Murray...

Trouba and Dano for Lindholm...

Trouba for Werenski...

Trouba and Dano for Parayko...

Trouba for Michael Del Zotto and Sanheim...

Trouba for Muzzin and a 3rd rounder...

Trouba and Dano and Armia for Fleury and Aho...

Trouba and Dano and Armia and a 1st for OEL...

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Speculation of the Coyotes being interested.  How about Trouba for Chychrun?  He'd be protected in the draft too so thats a bonus.

The Coyotes have a lot of interesting prospects and some cap space to make something work. Chychrun being one of them.

However, are the Jets ready to wait for Chychrun to grow? Sounds like they want an equal replacement for Trouba... meaning a young, LHD, who's ready for big minutes right now.

Just now, JCon said:

The Coyotes have a lot of interesting prospects and some cap space to make something work. Chychrun being one of them.

However, are the Jets ready to wait for Chychrun to grow? Sounds like they want an equal replacement for Trouba... meaning a young, LHD, who's ready for big minutes right now.

Probably Chychrun +.    Then either the Jets make another deal for an NHL ready D or bite the bullet this year.  If they do this trade, they can protect more forwards in the espansion draft and it works out long term.  Might be painful this season though.  But that makes the LHD Enstrom, Morrissey, Stuart, Strait. 

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Probably Chychrun +.    Then either the Jets make another deal for an NHL ready D or bite the bullet this year.  If they do this trade, they can protect more forwards in the espansion draft and it works out long term.  Might be painful this season though.  But that makes the LHD Enstrom, Morrissey, Stuart, Strait. 

Coyotes may not want anything to do with Overhardt. But I like your thinking.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Keep in mind, if the Jets sit him for a year, they still need to protect him.  So this isnt going past December 1st, in my opinion.  One way or another.

Chevy acted very quickly in the Kane situation.  So I wouldnt be surprised to see this handled quickly.

I don't agree that Chevy acted quickly. Kane asked for a trade every year. It just took an 'incident' and a nice match-up for the Sabres and Jets to come together.