general trade thread to spit ball ideas

Ducky

I think that deal fell apart because cbj took dubois at 3. My guess is it was hall plus plus pick 4 for Subban.  Condition being PLD available at 4. He wasn't 

Probably hall plus Nurse plus pick 4. A d man would have to be going back since they traded him for a d man straight up 

Edited by Goalie

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think that deal fell apart because cbj took dubois at 3. My guess is it was hall plus plus pick 4 for Subban.  Condition being PLD available at 4. He wasn't 

Probably hall plus Nurse plus pick 4. A d man would have to be going back since they traded him for a d man straight up 

So you're suggesting that Montreal declined Hall, Nurse and 4th overall... so they could get Weber.

I'd say your guessing is a little off these days.

Montreal asked for Hall, Nurse, Klefbom, the #4 + something else....for Subban straight up. That's been reported. Chia, sanely, hung up the phone. I'm personally not a Subban fan, and think Weber is a big upgrade at that position, if only for a couple years. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Montreal asked for Hall, Nurse, Klefbom, the #4 + something else....for Subban straight up. That's been reported. Chia, sanely, hung up the phone. I'm personally not a Subban fan, and think Weber is a big upgrade at that position, if only for a couple years. 

Need a source on that - just can't believe that any GM would do that with a straight face.  ha

Becauze myers is the third best RHD and by far the softest and Beaulieu iz a very good LHD that iz easily a second pairing D man. Juulsen will play in the league nsxt ydar. Do you rdally think Petan makez the team this year...fair value if u ask me and we get rid of Staf.

Edited by Ducky

• 2 weeks later...

Canes would dump his big salary and we get one of the best two way centers in the league. We also pick up an almost ready or ready LHD. Would love to see Fleury lined up beside Trouba for the next 8 years.

The Canes also get Lowry and Petan who would probably both start as well as Staf and a 2RHD....I think it is pretty fair.....

The only way there is room for Myers is if Trouba plays the left side or some one is moved. I would have said Enstrom but he has the NMC.

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

Why would we downgrade our second line centre position and take on more salary? We're going to have to pay some of these kids soon too. 

We have a difference of opinion over who the better player is.

Also, Little is signed for 2 more season and Staal for 7. I love Little as a player but I think Staal is the better Center and Little can always go tot he wing if we re-sign him.

We lose Lowry, Petan and Myers but we also lose Staf and pick up a 2nd rounder and a VERY good D man. We probably aren't giving up enough now that I think about it more. Myers positino is filled by Trouba and Fleury takes trouba's spot on the left side. Copp replaces Lowry and Petan isn't guaranteed of ever playing with the Jets although I think he will have a career in the NHL.

16 hours ago, Ducky said:

Jordan Staal, a 2nd rounder in 2017 and Haydn Fleury for Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford. Nic Petan and Adam Lowry.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Staal's cap hit is 6 milion so no thanks. Id rather keep Little as our second line centre. He'll produce more with a cheaper cost. Fleury is a nice prospect but I wouldn't part with him for Myers straight up, never mind moving Petan and Lowry. Stafford could play up and down the second and third line for now. He doesn't really fit on our team but he's easily moveable at the trade deadline for a draft pick.

I'd trade Myers for Fleury in a heartbeat. He is on the 1st year of his contract and will be much better than Myers ever will be.

Little is signed for two years at 4.7m per with actual salary of 5m per. We'd be sending around 12m in salary and picking up about 7m.

9 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I'd trade Myers for Fleury in a heartbeat. He is on the 1st year of his contract and will be much better than Myers ever will be.

Little is signed for two years at 4.7m per with actual salary of 5m per. We'd be sending around 12m in salary and picking up about 7m.

I'm sorry but this simply isn't true. Fleury is a nice prospect, but completely un proven. Myers is a great number 3 guy on a decent contract. I would only move him for another polished and proven defender. There's also 7 years left on Staal's deal, I dont want a 40 point centre making 6 million for the next seven years, and losing Petan and Lowry seems pointless.