2016 Lines

How many Michigan games you watch last year. Connor doesn't even try to play D. 

Why you hyping these guys so much. He's gonna be a rookie playing against grown men. He will be sheltered on the third line much like ehlers was to start. Connor needs to learn to play D. Last year Ehlers proved he could... Connor hasn't done that yet. 

There is a learning curve in the NHL and very few players just jump in and are in full control of their game. Connor and Laine are going to be great players at some point in there careers but don't be surprised if they take a step back and try to find their game much like Ehlers did

He played as much D as Ehlers did when he was a junior...none.

I am hyping him because he scored more points than the 2nd overall in 2015 when he was in the NCAA and more points than Dylan Larkin when he played for Michigan. Give him some credit, he'll learn the D game eventually, Ehlers is slowly learning it.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

He played as much D as Ehlers did when he was a junior...none.

I am hyping him because he scored more points than the 2nd overall in 2015 when he was in the NCAA and more points than Dylan Larkin when he played for Michigan. Give him some credit, he'll learn the D game eventually, Ehlers is slowly learning it.

Your not really comparing apples to apples with Eichel.

They were the same draft year, same age.  Eichel played in the NHL last year, Connor didn't.  Connor scored more points at a year older.

Think you are over estimating him if you expect him to step in to a top 6 role.

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Exactly and if the Jets knew they were drafting Laine they would not have signed Connor IMHO.

Connor 3rd line LW? Over Perreault?

You don't think they would have signed Connor. You think they would have left him in the NCAA? I doubt that very much

I agree they would have signed Connor regardless.  Don't want to risk losing him to that NCAA loophole and as an organisation you want him in your development program as soon as it makes the most sense.

So many problems with NCAA players not even being able to attend rookie camp / training camp unless they pay their own way.

I also think there is a reasonable chance that Connor starts with the Moose this year.  When you look at what players would have to clear waivers, and what players he would have to beat out, not sure there is room for him.  

With Ehlers, Laine, Perreault, as your top 3 LW, I don't think you keep him with the Jets to get 4th line minutes.  His development would be much better served playing top line with the Moose.

I know what has been said about the ESW line and how they'd likely be back together. I don't see little giving up the 1C job so easily. Ofcourse lines 1&2 can be ranked in either order. 

Knowing Ehlers prefers RW there's an opportunity for him to switch to 2RW with Laine at 1LW. A lot to ask of a rookie but playing with Scheif(or little) and Wheeler would be pretty good on the job training. 

Then it pushes stafford to 3LW which isn't bad. Really I'm not sure there is room for stafford anymore. Jets adding three talented wingers in Dano, Connor and Laine....stafford could be trade bait. At the very least he's gone at the trade deadline unless he's a significant part of a playoff bound Jets team. 

Connor could definitely start on the moose to play big minutes. Him with Petan could be very good for both of them. Add a potential Lemieux to the moose and that team might start to resemble the future superstars of the jets in a way it hasn't really yet. Especially if Helle starts there too. 

Jets announce they have extended qualifying offers to Armia, Kichton, Lipon, Lowry, Melchiori, Scheifele, Tanev and Trouba.

Austen Brassard told to take a hike. 15g/21a in 75 games last year with Moose. That's not bad considering he was on ship team. Must have said or done something?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg