2016 Lines

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

But Telegin had two goals yesterday. And Burmi made a slick pass to set up someone's goal too.  I wonder if Telegin and the Jets relationship is too fractured to repair. 

i'm surprised he has not been cut loose. Has not done much scoring out of juniors.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to assume that the following players make the team and Laine is drafted and makes the team. Any players missing have been traded or on the Moose such as Peluso, Burmi etc...

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler

Laine Little Stafford

Connor Perreault Armia

Copp Lowry Dano

Pressbox --->Thorburn

Trouba Buff

Enstrom Myers

Stuart Chiarot/Postma

Helle Pavs

Stil holding on to my lines from a month ago.

Ehlers-Schief-Wheelers

Laine-Little-Stafford

Burmi-Perreault-Armia

Lemieux-Lowry-Thorbs

Baker's Dozen=Copp

Connor ages|upsizes in the A for a while. Hazard of signing him before lottery.

Enstrom / Chiarot / Melchior/ Stuart  on the left side. Keep Trouba where he should be, on the right.

Not happy with any of the goalies or LHD at this point.

I'll just try again with the lines. I'm going to assume some trades take place b4 or at the draft with this one so you won't see Stafford or Burmi here 

Connor Scheif Wheeler - speed 

Laine Little Ehlers - another line with legit ability to dominate 

Perreault Lowry Dano - strong defensively responsible 3rd line 

Petan Copp Armia - not your average 4th line 

Buff Trouba 

Myers Enstrom 

Postma Morrissey 

Pav. Hellebuyck 

Thorburn as 13th press box forward 

Stuart and Chiarot as 7 8 d men upstairs 

Yeah that is a concern for sure with Perreault. Doesn't really play more than 65 70 games a year. 

I'd expect if Perreault went down, Petan would be the first call up. Lemieux i see more as a 4th liner, he could very well be there to start the year depending on his camp. 

It would be so much easier lol if you could just cut guys and release them from their contracts, Jets have a ton of forward depth and i'm not sure i see the point in keeping guys like Stafford,Burmi,Thorburn around over some of the younger guys who are more important to our future. 

But I guess i have Petan in the lineup already so yeah a guy like Lemieux might make some sense. Lemieux,Lowry,Dano has a nice ring to it also, might be a better 4th line tho. 

Edited by Goalie

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Perreault just isn't durable.

Harsh comment.

He Played 71 games last year, same as Scheif. One less then Ehlers/Enstrom. Are they less durable?

Guys get injured especially guys who complete their checks and Perreault played a tougher role last year - something I didnt agree with considering his play the year before as an offensive player but he's no wussy.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Harsh comment.

He Played 71 games last year, same as Scheif. One less then Ehlers/Enstrom. Are they less durable?

Guys get injured especially guys who complete their checks and Perreault played a tougher role last year - something I didnt agree with considering his play the year before as an offensive player but he's no wussy.

Perreault has a history tho. Scheif? not so much, Enstrom? I'd say hes as durable as Perreault. Ehlers? rookie.

Really, Ehlers and Scheif don't really apply to this. But yeah I'd say Perreault is about as durable as Enstrom which for the last several years, isn't very durable at all. 

I guess I will reserve judgment and see where he ends up this year regarding injury.  He just seems to get hurt more than other players, but that's just potentially my personal bias.  As for Enstrom, I don't mind if he misses time in the line-up, but that's just because I don't think he's very good.

21 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Scheif had 63 two years ago. Injuries happen. Look his first year here for Perreault. Fell backwards and got hit by a slapshot from his own guy. Freak injury.

you're right, freak injury. But look at the style of game Perreault plays at 5'10 185 vs Scheifs' game at 6'3 210. Logic dictates of the 2, injuries will be harder for MP to avoid. 

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Perreault has missed significant time pretty much every season he's played. Scheif was a rookie pretty much 2 years ago. There's a difference 

But he didnt miss any games because he was kept out of the lineup. He missed games because of a knee injury.

Talking about injuries, not sure the Jets trade Stafford...  probably pretty excited about the depth now

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Jets go back to their 'over-develop' system and start Connor in the A with Petan and Lemieux on first line...  looking at how they developed Ehlers, you end up with...  could easily send Burmi and Peluso to Moose, they are clearing waivers

ESW

Perrault-Little-Stafford

Laine-Lowry-Armia

Thorburn-Copp-Dano

Connor-Petan-Lipon

Lemieux-Burmi-Peluso

Tanev-DeLeo-Harkins

Foley-Roslovic-Spacek

• 2 weeks later...

Bored so taking one more stab at it...

Perreault Little  Wheeler

Laine Scheif Ehlers

Connor Petan Armia

Copp Lowry Dano

Trouba  Buff

Enstrom  Myers

Morrissey  Postma

Hellebuyck Pavs

1PP = Buff Laine Wheeler Perreault Scheif

2PP = Trouba Ehlers Connor Petan Little

1PK = Estrom Myers Lowry Armia

2PK = Buff Trouba Dano Copp

Try to get Morrissey a little bit of PP time after the new year if he is doing well and Connor some PK time if he is doing well. We need an aggressive, quick PK this year and I am looking forward to the special teams' play this year.