Who doesn't make the Jets next year?

Ducky

It's not even about Stuart. It's about Trouba wanting a top 4 role and quite frankly... Buff Trouba. Enstrom Myers. Postma Morrissey is a Damn good d group. 

Trouba should be top 4. This isn't really about Stuart or Chevy for that matter. It's about Maurice.  Maurice needs to stop with his love of the veterans.  

Pavelec. Stuart.  Thorburn should not get that much time on the ice. It's Maurices biggest downfall as a coach.  Relying on 3 guys who should easily be replaced by younger talent who are a part of the future 

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

It's not even about Stuart. It's about Trouba wanting a top 4 role and quite frankly... Buff Trouba. Enstrom Myers. Postma Morrissey is a Damn good d group. 

Trouba should be top 4. This isn't really about Stuart or Chevy for that matter. It's about Maurice.  Maurice needs to stop with his love of the veterans.  

Pavelec. Stuart.  Thorburn should not get that much time on the ice. It's Maurices biggest downfall as a coach.  Relying on 3 guys who should easily be replaced by younger talent who are a part of the future 

I'd be a little worried if that's our 3rd pairing - don't get me wrong, better than Stu in the top 6, but still..

If I had to send a critique Chevy's way this offseason, it's the lack of additions to the blue line.  Strait isn't a viable option for the big club IMO.  Morrissey is unproven (so far) and Postma is a 27 yr old journeyman with all of 120 NHL games in 5 years.

Hopefully Trouba is locked up & maybe more player movement happens - until then I don't think our D is good enough to get back to the playoffs. 17/18 feels more like our year...

Whether we make the playoffs depends on three things...

Goaltending, special teams, how well the rookies (Laine, Connor, Morrissey?, Lemieux?) and younger players like Amia, Ehlers, and Dano? play.

Not sure Dano starts with the team as he can still be sent down.

Ehlers, Scheifele, Wheeler, Perreault, Little, Connor, Laine, Stafford, Lowry, Thorbs, Armia, Burmi and Matthias will probably start with the Jets.

ESW

Laine Little Staf

Connor Perreault Armia

Matthias Lowry Burmi

Thorbs pressbox...

unless of course they keep 2 extra forwards and only one extra D man.

or something like that.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

is Logan Stanley going back to junior?  Or will he stick with the Moose?

If a player has any junior eligibility left (which Stanley should), there really is no choice in the matter.  He has to go to juniors.

• 4 weeks later...

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler Little Staf Perreault Laine Mathias Burmi Lowry Armia Connor Thorbs will be the starting forwards...add Copp if they keep 14.

Buff Trouba Myers Enstrom Chiarot Stuart Morrissey will be the starting D if they keep 4.

Pavs and Helle for goalies.

Dano is good enough but probably starts with the Moose.

• 4 weeks later...

Connor is really making a case for staying up with the big team as is Morrissey and Tanev.

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler Perreault Little Stafford Laine Matthias (injured) are locks to make the team.

Lowry Armia Connor Thorbs Burmi Copp will probably make the team.

Petan Dano Tanev Peluso  and the rest will probably be sent down.

Buff Enstrom Stuart Myers are locks.

Morrissey Chiarot Postma likely stay with big team.

The rest will probably go down as I think the Jets only carry 7 D men this year.

If Matthias is still injured at the start of the season, I would think Tanev stays up or maybe Petan. This is based on the few games they have played and I know nothing about practices so... lots can change by the opener. Hell, Trouba might sign!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously though, the Moose should be a lot better this year. Tanev, Petan, De Leo, Dano, Peluso, Thorbs (if I had my way), H,  P, or H (one of the three goalies), Howden, Comrie and Lemieux who has had a tough break.

What happens with Phillips? ECHL? or Tulsa or wherever? If Pavs were gone, he could back up Comrie on the farm.