Who doesn't make the Jets next year?

Ducky

Here's my thing with Chychrun. If he's as good as some think he is... why would he fall to the Jets when Edmonton for example needs a d man more or even Calgary who could use another LHD. Plus if anyone watched the under 18 tournament.. some are saying that Chychruns value has dropped big time. Like possibly not first d man taken or even 2nd or 3rd d man taken.  Like out of the top 10 type stuff. He isn't hanifin or Provorov or even Werenski. There will be a good d man or 2 available with Chicago's pick and our 2nd rounder. I honestly don't see us taking Chychrun unless we trade down.... he's lacking hockey sense it seems... look for Jost Tkachuk PLD Keller to be the Jets early pick.  I don't see them going with Chychrun. I think ppl are over rating him as there seems to be no difference between him Sergachev and Juolevi and even Fabbro for that matter. 

Edited by Goalie

None of ChychrunSergachev or Juolevi are legit top pairing d men. 

Hanifin Provorov and Werenski last year will be better.  

I hope that the jets win a lotto spot so this Chychrun talk can end cuz no chance he's a top 3 pick. 

To those who think Chychrun is the guy.... why is he better than Sergachev or Juolevi or Fabbro. 

Is it cuz lists? What makes Chychrun better than Morrissey for that matter? 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

None of ChychrunSergachev or Juolevi are legit top pairing d men. 

Hanifin Provorov and Werenski last year will be better.  

I hope that the jets win a lotto spot so this Chychrun talk can end cuz no chance he's a top 3 pick. 

To those who think Chychrun is the guy.... why is he better than Sergachev or Juolevi or Fabbro. 

Is it cuz lists? What makes Chychrun better than Morrissey for that matter? 

What makes him worse?

How many of us have seen any of these guys play on a regular basis to make an informed opinion either way?   I know I haven't, so I don't really have a strong opinion either way.  

Have you?

14 months ago half of the analysts were saying Chychrun was going to go first, not Matthews. His father played in the NHL and he is a BIG body with a booming shot and is a good skater.

Juolevi   6' 2" 180 lbs.        42 points in 57 games in the OHL.

Chychrun 6' 2"  214 lbs.    49 points in 62 games in the OHL.

Who said Chychrun is a top 3?

I would pick him if the top 3 and PLD, Nylander and Tkachuk are gone.........maybe Brown too.

His ceiling is 1st pairing D man and most believe he will be at least a 2nd pairing D man. I'd take Chychrun over Juolevi all day long.

• 2 months later...

I am wondering how many players, realistically speaking, have a chance at making the team as a forward.

I think it is a lock to say that Scheif Ehlers Little Wheeler Perreault Laine Matthias and Staf will all make the team. That leaves 5 spots (pressbox spot included) on the team.

Armia Burmi Lowry Lemieux Copp Connor Tanev Petan Thorbs Peluso are vying for the spots.

I think Connor Lowry Burmi Armia and Thorbs makes the team. Bolded goes to the Moose. Did I forget anyone?

I think the Moose are going to see an influx of guys.  They are sort of impacted by who can be sent down. I think anyone able to be sent down will be with the exception of obvious guys like Ehlers and Laine. Jets are building enough depth to make guys really have to earn spots. 

With that comes potential for some unhappy campers and possibility of trade 

I wouldn't be surprised if jets make a trade and it involves Lowry Stafford and Armia. 

Here's how I'd do it right now. 

Connor Scheif Wheeler 

Laine little ehlers 

Petan Perreault  ?? Mathias maybe 

Lemieux or Tanev Burmi Dano 

Thorburn upstairs. 

Copp. Tanev or Lemieux  To the Moose. 

I really  get this feeling that the jets will trade Lowry and Stafford. Armia maybe also. Just based on what Chevy said about 3rd center options being Perreault or Burmi. Didn't mention Lowry at all or Copp for that matter. 

Edited by Goalie

If we start the year with 3 rookies (2 in our top 6) + Petan with a whopping 26 NHL games under his belt, we will be in the hunt for Nolan Patrick next year.

Not sure why everyone wants to trade away serviceable players and push rookies into the lineup.  Spending time in the AHL and forcing your way into the lineup isn't a bad thing.   Handing rookies jobs out of training camp = see last season.

My preference is to keep Lowry Stafford Armia and see Connor, Petan, Lemieux and Tanev all start in the Moose.  Let them come up when injuries hit and force the coach and GM's hand to keep them up there.  

Im surprised he specifically mentioned Burmi but im a Burmi fan so its good to hear in that I think Burmi is a consistent player.  I think he was probably mentioned because he's versatile in that he can play C or Wing and can play checking or offensive (despite his numbers not being very good, he can hang with the offensive lines).

I think unless there is a significant trade, the team goes into training camp with all the bodies and makes everyone compete.

I dont see Connor on the top line.  For them to move away from E-S-W, it would be Laine.  Laine has a real chance to be the top goal scorer on this team right off the bat.  Ehlers prefers RW. 

Laine-Scheif-Wheeler

Perreault-Little-Ehlers

Dano-Matthias-Stafford

34 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think we go into the season with this line-up:

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheelers

Laine-Little-Stafford

Perreault-Matthias-Burmi

Lowry-Copp-Armia

I don't believe that it sticks too long.

Dano is probably better than Armia.  Are you suggesting Dano is press-boxed?  I dont think he clear waivers.  Would Armia clear waivers...?

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dano is probably better than Armia.  Are you suggesting Dano is press-boxed?  I dont think he clear waivers.  Would Armia clear waivers...?

Dano is still on his ELC... he doesn't need to clear waivers, correct? That's why I think he goes down to start the year.

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'm not convinced Lowry will be a Jet for much longer. 

I'd have argued with you until they signed Matthias.  But that being said, what's Lowry worth out there on the market?  Maybe the Kings want him?  He's a proto-typical Kings kind of player.