Who doesn't make the Jets next year?

Ducky

^ Helle comrie? Nope. Helle Hutch is possible tho. 

Who are you trading for Hamonic and of buff Hamonic trouba myers and enstrom... what 2 don't you protect? At this time you have to protect buff and Toby.  So 1 of Hamonic myers or Trouba will be lost to the expansion team. 

That's not happening 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

^ Helle comrie? Nope. Helle Hutch is possible tho. 

Who are you trading for Hamonic and of buff Hamonic trouba myers and enstrom... what 2 don't you protect? At this time you have to protect buff and Toby.  So 1 of Hamonic myers or Trouba will be lost to the expansion team. 

That's not happening 

We getting Hamonic? Last I heard he happy again in NYI. That ship sailed.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Connor-Lowry-Stafford ... lucky Connor...

I can't see Armia or Burmi in the pressbox and both have to clear waivers and Dano doesn't.

Lemieux Petan Dano for the Moose?

I would like it if Burmi, Staf, Stuart, Thorbs Pavs and Peluso all didn't start the year in a Jets' uni.

LIttle Wheeler Laine Scheif Perrault  Ehlers Connor Lowry Copp Dano Lemieux and Armia would all start.

Laine Little Wheeler

Connor Scheif Ehlers

Lemieux Perreault Armia 

Copp Lowry Dano

Mathias in pressbox.

Trouba Buff 

Enstrom Postma

Morrissey Myers

Chiarot Strait in pressbox.

1stPK...Armia Copp Trouba Enstrom

2ndPK...Lowry Little Buff Myers

1stPP...Buff Perreault Scheif Ehlers Laine

2ndPP...Trouba Wheeler Little Armia Connor

Helle 55 games / Hutch 27 games

It would be nice to get a young LHD but with Trouba on the left side, it isn't a MUST. Roslovic is developing nicely and should be a 2nd/3rd C for us in a couple of years. Sure hopes he goes to the Knights. I know we aren't going to trade Staf before the TD but it would be nice if we did. We aren't winning the cup this year anyway.

I think if you  play him with Connor and Perreault for 14 or so minutes a game this year, you get close to 40 points out of him. The guys has talent and is really good in his own end as is MP so that helps to offset the defensive deficiencies that can be expected from Connor.

Maybe Dano would be a better choice for the PP and Armia is playing on the PK but I think I would rather see Armia out there.

I still hope Roslovic goes to the OHL.

• 4 weeks later...

If Little Wheeler Laine Scheif Perrault  Ehlers Connor Lowry Copp Mathias Dano Lemieux and Armia were our starting forwards, would there be room to complain much? Matthias, Copp, Dano and Armia take turns in the PB and there will be injuries. I wonder if the Jets didn't like what they saw from their youngsters killing penalties last year and went and signed Matthias almost solely for that purpose? That and the expansion draft.

Wheeler, Little, Matthias and Perreault are the veteran presence, Scheif and Lowry aren't newbies any more and even Ehlers, Copp, Armia and Dano have some experience. The rookies would be Lemieux, Laine, and Connor......I don't know of any teams that would turn down Connor and Laine as rookies.

It would be nice to see Morrissey step up at TC and make the team on merit. Enstrom, Morrissey and Trouba are a not bad left hand side. It'd be nice to pick up an expansion exempt LHD man from someone like the Ducks for one of our young expansion exempt forwards. Armia/Petan/Dano/Copp/Lemieux for a solid LHD prospect that is about ready for the NHL. Dano for Theodore or something like that...maybe add a 3rd rounder?

The Ducks haven't re-signed Lindhol or Rakell yet either....anyone remember how late Bogo's and Kane's negotiations went? Chevy is a smart negotiator. The Bolts haven't signed Kucherov either. He scored 110 points in the last two seasons. Guess he is leaving Tampa Bay too.

Trouba will sign but it won't be until last minute. That's how his agent works. 

Wheeler was on 1290 on Friday and was asked about Trouba. Said Jacob was at his house for a BBQ when the draft lottery was on. Said when it was figured out the Jets had a guaranteed top 3 pick Trouba was pretty excited about it. This notion trouba wants out is pure horse crap spewed by a Toronto based media who just don't get it.  

This is the same Toronto based media who thought Stamkos signing with the leafs was a guarantee 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Trouba will sign but it won't be until last minute. That's how his agent works. 

Wheeler was on 1290 on Friday and was asked about Trouba. Said Jacob was at his house for a BBQ when the draft lottery was on. Said when it was figured out the Jets had a guaranteed top 3 pick Trouba was pretty excited about it. Thus notion trouba wants out is pure horse crap spewed by a Toronto based media who just don't get it. 

Yup, been saying that all along.

Not often a player gets the leverage to dictate some things.  And while he doesnt have a lot of leverage he does have some.  Lawless reports he wants some assurances and since he is a free agent, hes allowed to ask.  He wants to be used better, in key roles.  And thats fair.  Because if he spends the next five years as a bottom pairing D with Stu, his next contract will be lower due to poor stats.  He's not leaving money on the table because he's carrying Stu around the ice.  So part of it is him taking the opportunity to ask for assurances.  Its fair. 

It's a business. He is trying to get as much as he can and the Jets are trying to get him for as little as they can and for as long as possible. Worst case scenario is he signs a bridge but Chevy doesn't have the cap space for nothing. He knew he needed cap space for Scheif, Buff or Ladd and Trouba.

Ladd got 7 x 5.5...glad Chevy didn't give him that. I bet Chevy wanted a 5 year deal. What will Ladd look like in 7 years? He is worth it now and will look really good if he plays with Tavares but no thanks. Dano will be on the team or wrapped up in a trade and I am happy with what we got for Ladd. Arguably the best TD move last season.

Edited by Ducky

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

It's a business. He is trying to get as much as he can and the Jets are trying to get him for as little as they can and for as long as possible. Worst case scenario is he signs a bridge but Chevy doesn't have the cap space for nothing. He knew he needed cap space for Scheif, Buff or Ladd and Trouba.

Ladd got 7 x 5.5...glad Chevy didn't give him that. I bet Chevy wanted a 5 year deal. What will Ladd look like in 7 years? He is worth it now and will look really good if he plays with Tavares but no thanks. Dano will be on the team or wrapped up in a trade and I am happy with what we got for Ladd. Arguably the best TD move last season.

Thought Ladd's contract was 1m/yr the rest being performance based?