Who doesn't make the Jets next year?

Ducky

The Jets are going to have a logjam for the bottom 7 (one in the pressbox) positions and I am wondering who gets sent down.

Let's assume that Little, Wheeler, Scheif, Ehlers, Staf, and Perreault are here and don't get sent down. I am also assuming we don't draft a forward that starts next year.

Lowry, Copp, Burmi, Tanev, Thorburn, Dano, Armia, Lemieux, Connor, Peluso, Petan, De Leo, Lipon, and Kosmo are all vying for a spot.

Who stays up and who goes down....not who do you want to stay but who do you think the team elects to stay?

Thorburn - They won't send him down.

Lowry - Maurice is intent on developing him as a checking center.

Copp - I've heard Maurice say too many good things about him to believe he will be sent down.

Burmi - I don't think he goes down but I sure hope he is on the 4th line.

Armia - He showed well and if he doesn't screw up in camp, he should make the team.

Connor - This guy starts on the big team and doesn't look back.

Dano - Showed well and I think Maurice keeps him up with the big team.

So, if Thorbs sits in the pressbox our bottom six might look like...

Connor Burmi Armia

Lowry Copp Dano

Although I would much rather see both Armia and Connor in the top six. (How much better would our lineup look with Matthews in it?)

That leaves Tanev, Lemieux, Peluso, Petan, De Leo, Lipon, and Kosmo to play for the Moose. I'd really like to see Lemieux making the team and Burmi getting moved. With these guys going down and a new coach down on the farm, I see a winning season for them next season.

Does anyone see Chevy sending one or two of them somewhere with maybe Chicago's pick for a roster ready LHD or to move up in the draft? Burmi, Staf, Chicago's 1st and our 2nd from next year for a 6-10 pick? We could even sweeten it a bit if need be.........add De Leo or Lipon? Getting Chychrun AND Juolevi would be really nice. 

Edited by Ducky
I can't spell after I drink beer.

Way to early to do this. 

I don't think they take a d man with their early pick. They will take BPA and that will be a forward. I don't think they trade a pick. I don't think that package of crap gets you anywhere near 6 to 10. I think they take a d man with Chicago pick and a d man with our 2nd rounder 

Tyson Jost. Clayton Keller. PLD. Tkachuk and even Mathews Laine Puljujarvi are more likely than Chychrun or Juolevi. I think if they do go D early it's Sergachev but I think they go BPA and that's a forward for sure. They could have pick 1 2 or 3. Way to early to even guess right now 

I'll just say this 

Guaranteed to make the team 

Ehlers Scheif Wheeler Perreault Little. That's as far as I will go with the forwards. I'd include Lowry but if he shows up next year like he did this year... he won't make it. Armia isn't a guarantee either. Thorburn?  Who knows. Maurice says lots of things but he also said the best players will make the team. Wait till July to do this 

Edited by Goalie

Most analysts have Matthews, 2 Finns, PLD, Nylander and Tkachuk as the top 6....after that most have Chychrun and Juolevi going next.... most not all. If we pick lower than 6th, I'd take a LHD.

You don't think Connor is a shoe-in to make the big team?

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Most analysts have Matthews, 2 Finns, PLD, Nylander and Tkachuk as the top 6....after that most have Chychrun and Juolevi going next.... most not all. If we pick lower than 6th, I'd take a LHD.

You don't think Connor is a shoe-in to make the big team?

On the subject of Connor and what he might have been told, Trouba said when he turned pro that he'd play at the end of that season but would be battling for a spot in training camp.  Assume the same Connor. 

Could start with the moose. He seems special enough to make the jets. But they won't make the same mistake as with Petan and if he's going to play bottom six they might prefer he ply top line minutes with the moose. 

But I expect him to make it.  

I think he is more comparable to Ehlers than PEtan.....he might even be better than Ehlers when he started last season.

If we get bumped to 8th or 9th, there are two good centers that will still probably be available...McLeod and Brown. Both are very good skaters and Brown is something like 6' 6" or something!

Ican'tfreakingwaitfor the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One interesting thing was hearing Chevy recently discuss the drafting of Connor.  He said they had looked at him strongly prior to the draft but didnt give him much thought as the draft approached because where they had him ranked made it very unlikely he would be available when they picked.  So they were over-joyed when he was.

So you just never know.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is the lottery aired live on TV and is it SportsNet or do we get some real coverage with TSN?

They are holding a special broadcast lottery to determine which of the networks get to show the lottery coverage. There is, however, no broadcast of the networks lottery on the lottery broadcast. 

I think that about covers it..

Edited by Mr Dee

Matthews and the 2 Finns and PLD and Nylander and Tkachuk should be the top 6 if you believe most analysts.

Logan Brown moved up 7 spots to number 7 in NA skaters from the mid-term mark according to central scouting.

NA....... http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

Euro ......... http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=2&sort=finalRank&year=2016