Offensive Analysis?

Mark H.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

Regarding Sukh Chung. This is the last year of his contract. Will he be back next season? It's so hard to build an OL with so many Canadians. The good ones seem to try the NFL or want to go back where they grew up or played CIS football. Seems our OL takes one step forward in improvement & two steps back when things go wrong.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least try the NFL.  It's just something the team has to deal with.  They will draft an OL with one of their top 2 picks thisthis year, maybe another one in a later round, plus drafting guys next year.  I also believe Goossen, Neufeld and Keeping are under contract for next year already.  It would suck to lose Chungh but what can you do?  Great young Canadians are going to want to take their shot at the NFL.

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

With Dressler, Smith and Jernigan, are we essentially looking for fast recievers, who can create openings in less time to compensate for a weaker OL?

Willy has to get rid of the ball faster. That being said he needs release valves on quick routes to do that. I didn't see a lot of that in MB's offense last year.

14 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least try the NFL.  It's just something the team has to deal with.  They will draft an OL with one of their top 2 picks thisthis year, maybe another one in a later round, plus drafting guys next year.  I also believe Goossen, Neufeld and Keeping are under contract for next year already.  It would suck to lose Chungh but what can you do?  Great young Canadians are going to want to take their shot at the NFL.

According to Darrin Bauming, Keeping is on a 1-year deal... Don't know about Goossen and Neufeld...

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

According to Darrin Bauming, Keeping is on a 1-year deal... Don't know about Goossen and Neufeld...

That's fine, you can re-sign Keeping or find an equivalent player easily in free agency.  Goossen just extended through 2018 in December.  Neufeld is here through 2017.

22 hours ago, mbrg said:

That sounds like the opposite of what you're suggesting.

Unless you were hoping we'd get an offensive coordinator that has no ideas at all.

Ouch, thanks for that.

To expand on my thought about Lapo, it depends on how specific his 'ideas' are, how specific he has mapped them out to make them work  (which is an obvious thing to do as the OC) and how willing, when appropriate, he can to adapt  to other ideas that may run counter to these original ideas he has mapped out that he may need to discard some. In other words, I hope he doesn't get tunnel vision, that's all I'm saying here. 

23 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ouch, thanks for that.

To expand on my thought about Lapo, it depends on how specific his 'ideas' are, how specific he has mapped them out to make them work  (which is an obvious thing to do as the OC) and how willing, when appropriate, he can to adapt  to other ideas that may run counter to these original ideas he has mapped out that he may need to discard some. In other words, I hope he doesn't get tunnel vision, that's all I'm saying here. 

Was Lapo still the HC coach when Marcel was brought in to assist Crowton or was he already gone?