Wrestling

Rich

They  have 1 more RAW until Wrestlmania. That's insane cuz Last night's show was just so awful. Why is Ziggler in the ice title ladder match? Didn't he lose his Wrestlemania spot last week? Seriously. Ryder? Sin Cara? Miz for that matter? Why? Stardust? Seriously. Why not just have Owens vs Zayn and put the other guys in the Battle Royal that you are not promoting. I mean Mania has the potential to be a good card, cuz the matches should all be good matches but.. the build has been pretty awful actually. 

McMahon calls Undertaker his *****... and Taker is cool with that? Where was taker..

HHH on the show for 3 minutes, Reigns for 7, seemed like more but nope...Taker? nope. Lesnar? nope. Shane? nope.

Just ridiculous actually.... outside of Owens vs Styles, Raw was complete crap. Vince announcing if Taker loses, he never Wrestles in Mania again...

Ohhh is that a huge promise? Or what? Couldn't SHane just rehire him? Why not a special guest referee or something? 

Just such a huge let down show 2 weeks away from the grand daddy of them all. 

Edited by Goalie

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They  have 1 more RAW until Wrestlmania. That's insane cuz Last night's show was just so awful. Why is Ziggler in the ice title ladder match? Didn't he lose his Wrestlemania spot last week? Seriously. Ryder? Sin Cara? Miz for that matter? Why? Stardust? Seriously. Why not just have Owens vs Zayn and put the other guys in the Battle Royal that you are not promoting. I mean Mania has the potential to be a good card, cuz the matches should all be good matches but.. the build has been pretty awful actually. 

McMahon calls Undertaker his *****... and Taker is cool with that? Where was taker..

HHH on the show for 3 minutes, Reigns for 7, seemed like more but nope...Taker? nope. Lesnar? nope. Shane? nope.

Just ridiculous actually.... outside of Owens vs Styles, Raw was complete crap. Vince announcing if Taker loses, he never Wrestles in Mania again...

Ohhh is that a huge promise? Or what? Couldn't SHane just rehire him? Why not a special guest referee or something? 

Just such a huge let down show 2 weeks away from the grand daddy of them all. 

One interesting thing I picked up on was them referring to the HIAC as the "main event".  it could just be a matter of referring to any big match as the main event but I wonder if there is really talk of making that the last match.  That would fly in the face of usual Hunter logic.  But if they decide to have the Authority screw Roman and Hunter win, do it earlier so there is even more pressure on the HIAC.  Then you have the option of having Roman interfere on behalf of Shane to try and get him cheered.  Really, if you need a lot of smoke & mirrors you could have a ton of interference with the idea that no one wants Hunter & Steph in charge.  I'd expect to see Foley involved and Cena.

The referring to Undertaker as Vince's ***** could be to lay the groundwork for Undertaker sacrificing himself.  I suspected this was Undertaker's last WM ages ago as he was far more active this year than past years and I thought the reason might be that he decided to retire and was working more dates than usual to finish up, knowing he could recover later.  Who knows.  Logic would dictate he'd win his last match.  But with Flair and Michaels both going out on their backs, I could see Taker insisting he do the same.  What better way to "go out on your back" then to do so willingly as part of a major angle that changes the direction of the company...

The diminishing Roman might indicate a plan change.  Its one thing to "protect" him from hostile crowds but WM will be the most hostile crowd there is.  If you have to protect him, then the push is all wrong, which it is.  But maybe now they know it.  Hunter winning at WM would be a nice "surprise", especially if its not the main event.  If Shane wins it gives him something big to do on Monday and conspicuously, there have been no Hunter/Shane promos at all...so it sets up a big confrontation between the former heir apparent and the current heir apparent.  If they went that way, I'd have Shane rip into Roman too, for being pushed without deserving it and lead to him turning heel.  Have Ambrose beat Brock and be set up to face Hunter next and win...Hunter is "vanquished" and Roman is Ambrose' first program and the big summer feud.

Regarding The Authority. Been 3 yrs now & I'm sick to death of Stephanie McMahon. I turned on Raw late, saw her with Roman & said I'm out & switched channels. There has to be a change in direction as Raw is becoming unwatchable with Stephanie screaming every show. I will say this, as much as Dean Ambrose is over with the fans.... If he wins & beats Lesnar I'm done with wrestling.  If WWE wants to shatter the armour of The Beast Incarnate BRRROCK LESSSNARRRR then this is the way to do it.  Ambrose is over no matter if he wins or loses but Lesnar can't lose as it'll make him look extremely weak.  His reputation will be destroyed.

I don't disagree. I really like the guy playing Ambrose but he's done well in spite of awful booking. Should hve been booked like Steve Austin not some goofy mid card crazy guy. Even booked like Brian Pillman would have been good. But it's hard to get someone over as a lunatic with the awful announcing of yuk yuk cole every week. 

i also subscribe to the notion Brock should be murdering guys. But he's not really a TV draw anymore due to his booking. And they won't push him as top dog working part time.  I expect he wins. But if they go with Hunter over Roman, Ambrose makes sense as the next top guy especially if roman turns heel

play their cards right and the main event of WM next year is a triple thread of Ambrose vs roman vs seth  

I can't say I noticed to be honest!  But now that I think about it, it *used* to be a thing, even locally (same with baby oil) but doesnt seem to be as big a thing.  Although there are always spray bottles laying around for the guys that do like a few spritz.  I think it just gives a "cooler" look, reflecting the lights, making it look like you just came from a work out etc.  In photos, action shots look better with wet hair rather than "frizzy" hair.  For guys with long hair, which is a lot of wrestlers, "wet" looks a lot better.

I would assume wetting your hair also acts as a way to keep cool under the lights and getting too hot and bothered since your exerting yourself pretty consistently without the break you'd typically get after a few mins in boxing or MMA and no water.

But Ive heard wrestlers do it for look,  Jericho wrote in his book he started wetting his hair cuz he wasnt being taken as seriously with fluffed up metal-style hair cut

oiling up their bodies apparently is just for show too, i always thought it could have been done with a secondary purpose of making you slippery to squeeze out of holds

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

oiling up their bodies apparently is just for show too, i always thought it could have been done with a secondary purpose of making you slippery to squeeze out of holds

You realize that it's a work right? 

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I would assume wetting your hair also acts as a way to keep cool under the lights and getting too hot and bothered since your exerting yourself pretty consistently without the break you'd typically get after a few mins in boxing or MMA and no water.

But Ive heard wrestlers do it for look,  Jericho wrote in his book he started wetting his hair cuz he wasnt being taken as seriously with fluffed up metal-style hair cut

The in-story explanation announcers would use is that it makes a guy slippery.  If you walked backstage during any indy (and WWE I would presume) show, you'd see guys doing push ups and using those ropes to get a little pump on.  The baby oil makes the definition look better.

I was at a local show a few weeks ago and a guy I know walked out from the back and pointed to one of the boys who just entered the ring and said "I've never seen a guy do so many push ups before a 5 minute match before" lol

I gave one of our guys a gimmick years ago where he came to the ring sans baby oil (he was a big baby oil user with a ripped physique) and his pre-match routine would be inviting a girl from the crowd to come into the ring and oil him up.  Was a popular schtick for awhile and you can probably guess where it went.... ;-)

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

some guys it looks a bit over the top, specifically bo dallas. I'd hate to have to touch that soppy greasy hair

Freaking Bo Dallas. Still using the Tebow routine with that squeaky voice. All of the Social Outcasts are just bad. Real bad. But especially Dallas & Axel.

So there is something going on with Daniel Bryan.  WWE scheduled several "Daniel Bryan Appreciation Nights" this week including at MSG and have abruptly cancelled them.  He has cancelled his appearance at WM Fan Axxess too.  Supposedly someone in WWE has told Dave Meltzer that he knows but would "prefer not to say".

Retirement regret?

11 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

is there any update on seth rollins? if hes close or ready to go I wonder if he helps ol deaner beat Brock at WM. that's the only way I see dean winning,  with some help since its a NHB street fight

if I recall, his injury was supposed to be well past WrestleMania.  They usually dont have guys show up for a one off appearance if they wont be back for months.  But with it being WM, you never know.  Helping Ambrose isnt a bad idea...although if Seth were to do something significant, I'd think it would be to help Roman (or Hunter for that matter).

Regarding Ambrose, they've screwed him up so much but this is their latest (and maybe last) chance to make him a top guy if thats what they want.  He needs to beat Brock and do so without help.  If they dont see Ambrose as a top guy, then Brock should win.

I'd expect Cena to get involved somewhere too.  They wont waste him on anything but the top matches (HIAC, Hunter/Roman), so look for him there.

Rock is involved too.  Guys like Austin and Michaels are going to appear in some way.  Originally Hunter/Roman was going to have a guest ref.  They asked Batista but he declined.  They then asked Michaels.  Supposedly Michaels was offered the guest ref spot or a "guest spot" similar to the DX/nWo appearance from last year.  Then again, unless they re-hire Billy Gunn for the spot, a DX appearance might look a bit odd.

There is supposedly something "important" happening in the New Day vs League of Nations match too.  It's 3 vs 4 right now with rumors of Rock involved, which doesnt sound like it makes a lot of sense.  But it would fit Rock's MO to be able to verbally and physically neuter several guys at once to the detriment of the company.  New Day is also requesting a special entrance...I wont give away what I heard in case they pull it off.  Last word was WWE was thinking about.  From the description, I have no idea how they'd intend to do it but it sounded neat.

Saw a documentary last night on the feud between Eddie Guerrero & Kurt Angle leading up to their championship match at WrestleMania 20 on April 1, 2004 at MSG. Watching the crap being thrown at us by the WWE today it was a pleasure to see those 2 guys in their prime once again. Those 2 guys... How much charisma & talent was in the ring that night? RIP Eddie.

9 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Saw a documentary last night on the feud between Eddie Guerrero & Kurt Angle leading up to their championship match at WrestleMania 20 on April 1, 2004 at MSG. Watching the crap being thrown at us by the WWE today it was a pleasure to see those 2 guys in their prime once again. Those 2 guys... How much charisma & talent was in the ring that night? RIP Eddie.

Eddie was unbelievable. And a true gentleman. The 24 hours I got to hang out with him are the highlight of my "career".

Was it mentioned in that documentary that Eddie and Angle nearly got into a shoot?  They were both perfectionists and hot heads.  Always apologized after though. One of the reasons they took the belt off eddie was because he was so intense and took so much pressure upon himself to be the top guy in every regard and they were worried about him

his last match before he died was to be Eddie vs Batista for the title. Different stories have concluded different outcomes but the logical option was Eddie winning the world title. Shame it didn't happen.