Wrestling

Rich

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Gawker dont have that much im sure. Man the celebs are just raking in the money via these 3rd party videos.

Im not overly familiar with all the ins and outs but Florida is a tough state.  Apparently they will have to post $50m bond in order to file an appeal.  And supposedly appeals are tough in Florida too.  The end result  might be Gawker bankrupt and Hogan having to get what he can that way.  Or they negotiate a settlement under $50m...

Will be interesting to see if Hogan ends at WM now.  Major media is covering this verdict and seems to be positioning Hogan as a guy who won one for privacy rights.  So if he's portrayed as a hero, I think he will be at WM.  Just a matter of the racist remarks dying down.

12 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Don't know much about this case, if nothing at all. I just know it involved someone called Bubba The Love Sponge & that was enough for me to deliberately ignore the whole thing. Is this a good decision? 

Bubba was a radio personally like Stern or Opie & Anthony.  So a lot of his schtick was overly obnoxious but he seems like a jerk in real life. He was attacked back stage at TNA by Awesome Kong because he said some nasty things about the Haiti crises. 

id say good decision. Bubba supposedly has other tapesnof celebrity friends sleeping with his wife. There is some evidence that Hogan slept with her three times and knew there were camera on at least one occasion. 

Immediately after sex session, hogan left and Bubba came in and told his wife that the tape was their "retirement plan" meaning he could extort Hogan. 

Gawker didn't have much of a Defense. Basically they said since hogan went on shows like Stern and talked about sex that it made his sex life public interest and thus the sex tape public interest. 

But that Defense didnt work. Jury seemingly believed that a stolen tape of a private act of which Hogan had no idea was being taped had no public news interest. 

and hogan definitely lost over the release of the tape. He was asking for $100m so the jury actually awarded him more than he asked for 

I say good because these sleazy websites that prey on attacking and humiliating people are just nasty. Regardless of whether hogan is a great guy or not, delivering a blow to a site like gawker is great. 

a little more on the Roode/Young thing

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/687325-backstage-news-on-why-eric-young-and-bobby-roode-left-tna

As noted last night, Bobby Roode and Eric Young finished up with TNA following this week’s TV tapings in Orlando. Their final TNA matches will air in the coming weeks on Impact Wrestling.

According to PWInsider.com, Roode and Young decided to leave TNA due to pay issues, and officially asked for their releases from the company last night.

Both Roode and Young reportedly asked TNA management for pay raises, however they were turned down, so the former Champions decided to ask for their TNA releases. TNA has had issues paying talents over the last few months, however it’s unknown if Roode and Young were amongst the talents affected by the pay issues.

Both Roode and Young, who had been with TNA since 2004, are now free agents and are able to sign with other promotions.

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/687325-backstage-news-on-why-eric-young-and-bobby-roode-left-tna#lY2RYGHgHwdPgrrF.99

I think you might have mentioned something to this effect in the past TUP with regards to TNA.  If people are starting to walk over pay issues I wonder how many more will follow,  especially if they get picked up by WWE/ROH/NJPW and start getting paid a little more properly.  only takes a few opening the door to get a following. (I wasnt aware that both Young and roode are currently holding gold too)

With that being said; if the company folded tomorrow, of their roster who could WWE use to bolster their current roster. Im thinking the Hardy's for sure. As much as I never cared for him, I wonder if Abyss + Kane vs the Wyatts would spark up a little interest until some people on the shelf return? Gail Kim, and the beautiful people in the Diva's division, 

What was the deal with Lashley and Ken Kennedy (Mr. Anderson) on why they suddenly ended up in TNA? fired or just walked when their contracts were up.  MVP?  Its amazing how many ties the TNA roster has with WWE,  they could very well run a whole new invasion angle and just relegate them to NXT or SD if they felt they needed to split up for camera time purposes

Lashley left WWE to try MMA. There was heat over it because they invested a lot in using him in the Vince/Trump angle at WM. Lashley signed with TNA because they had the deal with Bellator. So he could make some money between fights. 

Hes tailor made for WWE but he's getting up there in age too.  And sometimes with WWE it's who you ticked off that counts. 

Ken Anderson was highly touted in WWE and was going to get the big spot as Vince's illigitmate son but the story was leaked so they went with Hornswoggle. Anderson ticked off Orton (and others) who felt he wasn't safe in the ring. They really dislike him. He's also older and I don't expect to see him in WWE at all. 

i would think they'd bring in the Hardy's because even as a nostalgia act they always made lots of money for WWE. And Jeff is still something special.  Can't see Abyss at all.  

There was a time when it was known if you wanted to go to WWE you better not go to TNA but it's not as pronounced anymore. 

Tna has had lots of issues paying production people. Supposedly a few of their big contracts are "guaranteed" by panda energy (parent company). But they are basically running on fumes. 

4 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

tonight was the first time I actually heard Sami Zayn's entrance music. that has to be the worst I've heard in quite a long time. 

I love love it. I watch NXT though and the pop he get there when it hits is amazing.