Game 57 : Airport 75 @ Lightning

I don't blame Maurice for getting mad but you're head coach for God's sake!

No wonder we take so many penalties.

Poor display of leadership....

That and/or the Little/Ehlers hits sure got the team going though, too bad they didn't play like that from the first period.

TO lost and Deadmonton is losing, they know how to tank properly...

You know tanking means selling assets for draft picks or younger players? We aren't doing that. We aren't tanking. We are just not very good. 

Look at Toronto for an example of a team tanking. Or Buffalo last year. 

Who has Chevy traded? Nobody. And no trading Ladd... if he is even... still don't mean we are tanking. We just suck this year. 

Trade Enstrom One of myers or Trouba stafford Ladd and others then we are tanking but we aren't. Just not a good team this year and what Maurice did was fine. That is being a leader ... little BTW is having his neck x Rayed. I'm fine with Maurice doing whatever he did.... because quite frankly if the dumb ass refs actually do their job and kick Strahlman out of the game for nor 1 but 2 cheap shots almost intent to injure hits.... none of what Maurice did happens 

Edited by Goalie

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You know tanking means selling assets for draft picks or younger players? We aren't doing that. We aren't tanking. We are just not very good. 

Look at Toronto for an example of a team tanking. Or Buffalo last year. 

Who has Chevy traded? Nobody. And no trading Ladd... if he is even... still don't mean we are tanking. We just suck this year. 

Trade Enstrom One of myers or Trouba stafford Ladd and others then we are tanking but we aren't. Just not a good team this year and what Maurice did was fine. That is being a leader ... little BTW is having his neck x Rayed. I'm fine with Maurice doing whatever he did.... because quite frankly if the dumb ass refs actually do their job and kick Strahlman out of the game for nor 1 but 2 cheap shots almost intent to injure hits.... none of what Maurice did happens 

I thought it meant trying to lose...

"Tanking," is a team's intent to do less than everything it can to win. It is a concerted effort over several months (and perhaps several seasons) by a team to deliberately not be as good as it could be. It is considered cheap, disingenuous and dishonest, the byproduct of a flawed system where a team can be rewarded for being bad and where deliberately losing is thereby a strategic decision.

You really should think before you post you know.

No teams try to lose. Tanking means selling assets for younger players or picks. No players will try to lose. Management could help by trading players but teams and coaches will never try losing on purpose. 

If anyone thinks the Jets are tanking..they were down 4 1... took a 5 4 lead and lost. If they were losing on purpose... that wouldn't have happened. 

Trading assets for players or picks is tanking 

This team isn't trying to lose. They are just bad. Why can't you just admit it

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Ducky said:

"Tanking," is a team's intent to do less than everything it can to win. It is a concerted effort over several months (and perhaps several seasons) by a team to deliberately not be as good as it could be. It is considered cheap, disingenuous and dishonest, the byproduct of a flawed system where a team can be rewarded for being bad and where deliberately losing is thereby a strategic decision.

You really should think before you post you know.

You think that applies to the Jets? If you do you need to think Because a team trying to lose don't fight back bring down 4 1 

Edited by Goalie

The draft gods don't really reward the tanking teams.  Edmonton isn't tanking either.  Like us they just suck. Matthews is a fantasy at this moment. It's all about the luck of the lotto and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I want to win lotto max but my chances aren't very good so I'm not gonna quit my job cuz lotto max is tomorrow night. If I win... woo-hoo.  If I don't which seems more likely than winning... oh well. 

Nobody is guaranteed Matthews. Not the last place team or 2nd 3rd 5th 10 last.

There's also the possibility that he is a huge bust. Slim but getting Matthews doesn't guarantee anything. This team has huge holes. Matthews helps but... he doesn't make us instant contenders just like mcdavid with edmonton or Eichel with buffalo 

Edited by Goalie

Well, let me put it to you this way...I would rather finish last and have the highest chance possible of getting the first overall pick than finishing in any other position because that wouldn't give me the best chance to take Matthews.

Get me yet?

I've been saying since November that the Jets wouldn't make the playoffs. They have had a terrible schedule this year and I kow it is no excuse but they have and the worst is yet to come.

On a positive note, nice to see Armia getting some PK time. He has done it most of his career and gets the odd shorty. Another really strong game by him. Good stick, smart D, soft hands and a high hockey IQ.

According to the announcers the ref skated over and stared Maurice down.  Totally unprofessional. 

Maurice had some interesting comments after the game. He was still very hot but choosing his words carefully. He said little was undergoing neck x-Rays and Maurice was the only one concerned (speaking about the refs im sure). 

Media asked if he saw video of the ref laughing and Maurice said that telling him that wasn't helping him. He said laughing would be consistent with the officials overall demeanour about the situation. 

Ladd had a game. Armia is good. Toronto is so bad. 

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

I don't blame Maurice for getting mad but you're head coach for God's sake!

No wonder we take so many penalties.

Poor display of leadership....

That and/or the Little/Ehlers hits sure got the team going though, too bad they didn't play like that from the first period.

TO lost and Deadmonton is losing, they know how to tank properly...

I thought the quite opposite, thought it was a great show of leadership by the coach. Really no different than Wheeler dropping the mitts. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I thought the quite opposite, thought it was a great show of leadership by the coach. Really no different than Wheeler dropping the mitts. 

I agree. If it was a regulr occurrence then maybe it's over the line. But he took the heat so his players could focus on the game.  

Copp is a rookie. Peluso is not. Peluso is only there to beat people up. That's really what his role is.

Copp is a good face off guy, he's a guy that can play the PK... he's better than Peluso by a long shot. Peluso and for that matter,Burmistrov shouldn't even be in the NHL...

You put Copp on waivers, even though he doesn't qualify for waivers but you put him on waivers and he gets picked up... Peluso, Burmi, they don't. That's just reality. 

too bad it takes a teammate getting injured in a possible dirty play,  and the coach getting himself thrown out of the game...

to wake these guys up.

clearly they're pretty good when they decide to put some effort into it.

havent seen lackluster effort like this from even the worst Bomber teams of the last few years. Even when the team or coach wasn't very good, you could see real effort for the most part.

not this Jets bunch. effort or not, they still get paid;

too bad for the fans, coach, owners.

now the wild wake up, and start playing. didn't play before cause they didn't like the coach.

#entitledbabies. reminds me of the NBA where players run the league. complete crap.

Edited by Mark F

I don't think efforts really been the biggest problem. I think discipline is huge tho. They take 2 many penalties, that's what's really hurt them big time, The PK and PP are pretty much the difference in most games. 

You lose a game 4-3 let's say, other team goes 2 for 5 on the PP, we go 0 for 5.. that's the difference.

The team is pretty good 5 on 5... they actually are really good 5 on 5, they just take 2 many penalties and up until recently, since basically stuuu has been hurt, the PK really did suck big time and other teams pretty much scored a PP goal or 2 against us every game. 

How can Copp put up more O playing with a guy like Thorburn who has no goals in his last 25 games or something, maybe 35... beyak mentioned it the other night, thorburn scored 5 goals in his first 25 or 35 games and none since. Put Copp with some players who actually can produce and he will also. 

Edited by Goalie

yeah makes sense, but how can they go two periods and take 8 total shots?  Pathetic. went from hitting everything all the time last year, to not much hitting this year. why?

I think they have good players... maybe not enough yet, but good enough to be better than what they show this year.

Edited by Mark F