Andrew Ladd

Ducky

I think his ceiling is more 2nd liner and if he doesn't hit it, he will be a good, defensive 3rd liner but who knows at 21 years old.

Lemieux Lowry Dano might be a nice line.

Rotoworld has him at 6 feet and 214 lbs.

I like how Chevy drafts so a very late round 1st is very good as well.

Scheif 6'3, Lowry 6'5,  Armia 6'3... bunch of guys around 6'0-6'1

Trouba, Buff, Myers, Chiarot...  smallest will be Morrissey and he's almost 200lbs now, solid

The core of this team is pretty big with a  few smaller scorers... Chevy just following Chicago model

Top six picks this year are all big guys...  Neimelainen and Tufte are huge talented late rounds picks.... we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Scheif 6'3, Lowry 6'5,  Armia 6'3... bunch of guys around 6'0-6'1

Trouba, Buff, Myers, Chiarot...  smallest will be Morrissey and he's almost 200lbs now, solid

The core of this team is pretty big with a  few smaller scorers... Chevy just following Chicago model

Top six picks this year are all big guys...  Neimelainen and Tufte are huge talented late rounds picks.... we'll see.

Wheeler 6' 5" ... Staf 6' 2" 215 ... even Postma is 6' 3" 195...we are one of the biggest teams in the league although we go down a bit by losing Ladd.

http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2015/10/2015-16-nhl-teams-by-height-weight-and.html

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Wait. Callers are angry? 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Those 1290 callers are drunk. They are dumb. They don't get it. 

Drunk AND stupid?! Definetly member material for the MBB forums :P

17 minutes ago, Floyd said:

U left out Toby the Dog.

I think Jets management is reading the tea leaves when it comes to where the game is going, which is skill over size.  Jets seemed to go after size initially and then started going for skill and not being shy about smaller players.  It really is more about how you play and Dano sounds like he'd fit in perfectly with what management hopes will be "Jets Hockey" - skill, tenacity, effort, grit.  if he's 214lbs now and 21 years old, he might still put on a few more pounds anyway.  I wouldnt worry about it.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think Jets management is reading the tea leaves when it comes to where the game is going, which is skill over size.  Jets seemed to go after size initially and then started going for skill and not being shy about smaller players.  It really is more about how you play and Dano sounds like he'd fit in perfectly with what management hopes will be "Jets Hockey" - skill, tenacity, effort, grit.  if he's 214lbs now and 21 years old, he might still put on a few more pounds anyway.  I wouldnt worry about it.

Pretty much following the Hawks model.

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

They won't resign him. They gave him their best offer and he refused and left. The idea they will sign him in the summer is truly crazy talk. He's gone. He ain't coming back. 

Sure wish I also could have been in on those discusions like everyone else seems to have been.  I didn't know they were like an open practise.

It's unlikely that they re-sign him, but certainly not impossible.  They want him here and he wants to be here.  The money part has to work with the long term plan or otherwise the long term plan is meaningless and doomed to fail.  That is the only reason he was traded and it is the only sticking point on an otherwise happy relationship between the two parties.

I'd still give it a 25% chance he re-signs here in the offseason, because there isn't necessarily any team that will want to go substantially higher than what the Jets are willing to offer.  The most likely suitors for someone like Ladd who would spend significantly more than us would be a team that feels they have a leadership problem in their dressing room.  A player like Ladd "checks all the boxes" as Bowman said, so if a team needs a stronger leadership group, why not get a guy who also scores and is physical and plays on both special teams and is great in the community?  And to a team like that, a player like Ladd might be worth the extra half mil per (or whatever, because I'm not going to pretend I was in that room) that he is seeking.  If there isn't a team like that?  Ladd coming back to play here is entirely plausible.

So, they couldnt sign a deal when they had exclusive negotiating rights.  But they will when there are 29 other teams who can negotiate, offer incentive packages and get into a bidding war with one another?  Highly unlikely.

The only he comes back here is if the free agent market collapses and no one offers him anything more than the Jets are willing to spend and he decides all things being equal that he might as not sell his house or make his wife leave her job.  But guess what...the MILLIONS more he'll be offered over what the Jets have offered will make the selling your house and moving your wife not feel like such a hardship.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Oilers would pay him big money I bet.  Or the Blue Jackets.

Blue Jackets are a great example.

Do the Oilers have any of their 3 dozen future superstars under long term contracts yet?  If not, they might not want to take away the flexibility they will need to lock up Hall and Eberle and McJesus and Nugent Hopkins and the rest of them.  But they sure could use a leader.

I completely agree that there's at least an outside chance he signs here in the offseason.  Will teams offer some good coin & term, sure. But how good will it be and who's offering it, we have no way of knowing right now.

Alls I know, based on what's been said and reported:  If Ladd had a choice between, say Edm and Wpg, and the difference in offers is 1 yr & <$1M give or take - I truly think he'd come back.

Ladd didn't leave the Jets to sign with another bottom feeder, he will sign somewhere. Some talk on other sites is his house is up for sale already... but regardless, he was a good captain for the 6 years he was here but.. It's time to move on. I'd put his chances signing back here at less than 2 percent. 

Bottom line... If they could have signed him, they would have. If he actually wanted to be here, he would have taken less money or less term to be here. What do you expect Ladd to say exactly? 

Edited by Goalie

52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ladd didn't leave the Jets to sign with another bottom feeder, he will sign somewhere. Some talk on other sites is his house is up for sale already...

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chicago will try to make room for him.

NHL players rent their places right so not surprised about the home.

I'm sure Ladd's money requirement would go down if he on perennial SCup team.